Acid reflux is a very unwanted physical condition which causes an intense burning sensation in the lower region of the chest that we prefer to avoid. It is quite common when we over eat. The burning sensation is caused when the stomach acid tends to move up. The most common sensation is a burning in the lower chest region apart from chest pain, bloating etc. In such a situation we turn to anything that soothes the body especially the burning. Aloe vera is a succulent plant that instantly comes to our rescue. Apart from its beauty benefits, it can also be consumed for relief from acid reflux.
Does Aloe Vera Cure Acid Reflux?
- Aloe vera is very effective in relieving the esophagus tract from the irritation of acidity.
- It heals the tract and impedes the pain and inflammation.
- It also helps in proper digestion of the food. The presence of glycol-proteins and polysaccharides aids in the healing and digesting process.
- Aloe vera helps to soothe the entire mucus membrane.
- It also minimizes the bad bacteria present in the gut.
- Aloe vera intake heals the gastrointestinal tract. Aloe vera contains essential vitamins, Glucomannan, which is an essential sugar required by the body.
- It contains 22 amino acids and essential minerals. Aloe vera also ensures proper flow of blood through the body and is thus able to bring relief to acid reflux and heartburn.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Acid Reflux:
1. Aloe Vera Juice for Acid Reflux:
Direct consumption of aloe vera juice helps in giving quick relief. The juice is commonly found in most medicine shops. Before purchasing it you must be careful to notice that it is for consumption purpose only. You must start taking small doses of the juice to prevent any side effect like diarrhea. Increase your consumption slowly. You must dink this at least 30 minutes before you take your meals. For instant relief you can drink 3 to 4 oz of aloe vera juice.
To make your aloe drink taste better you can blend together any non-acidic fruit juice with aloe vera juice and make your favourite flavoured cocktail. You can try the following.
You can put together 2 cups of freshly squeezed organic guava juice, freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon, 4 teaspoon of aloe vera gel in a blender, some ice cubes and make a smooth cocktail ready for drinking.
You can make cherry aloe cocktail by mixing together 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 glass of freshly squeezed cherry juice, fresh juice of a lemon, some ice cubes and make a smooth cocktail ready for drinking.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Juice for Acid Reflux:
Put together aloe vera and apple cider vinegar and it will do wonders to relieve you from acid reflux distress. Apple cider vinegar synthesizes fat and balances the pH level while aloe vera soothes the GI tract. Thus both together are able to provide the much-needed relief to the body.
- Blend together half a cup of aloe juice or 2 tablespoon of aloe gel, 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of manuka honey. Add some ice cubes to the blend.
- Drink it using a straw, so it does not affect your teeth.
How Long Does it Take for Aloe Vera to Work on Acid Reflux:
If acid reflux is a chronic ailment of yours then the long term use of aloe vera will bring relief to you. The time taken by aloe vera to provide instant relief varies from person to person. For long term users , it sometimes brings relief within a few weeks and sometimes it takes a month. You can however be assured that some relief will come your way.
Some Precautions are to be Followed:
- Breast feeding and pregnant mothers should not consume aloe vera.
- People with low blood sugar preferably should not consume it as aloevera further reduces blood sugar levels.
- If you have Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or hemorrhoids do not take aloe orally.
- Aloe reduces blood clotting. Stop taking it a few weeks before a surgery.
- Fresh aloe gel being a laxative reduces the effectiveness of certain medicines. If you are consuming DIGOXIN (LANOXIN) it best not to consume aloe vera. It is best to consult a doctor if you are already under medication.
Though aloe is a natural product it does not guarantee that it suits your health. It might trigger some other disease in your body. It is thus best to consult your doctor before you begin any natural product.
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Acid Reflux
- How to Use Baking Soda to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux
- How to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar for Gastritis
- How to Get Rid of Heartburn With Apple Cider Vinegar