Has cough ever annoyed you keeping you awake and taking away your sleep? Cough is the way your body responds when something irritates your throat or airways. Coughing is perfectly normal, however if it’s persistent and continuous then it’s a reason for concern and needs to be treated. This kind of cough could be due to several reasons such as Sinus infections, Allergy or viral infections etc.
Why not try something natural and easily available – Apple Cider Vinegar (Commonly called as ACV). ACV is fermented juice from crushed apples and had variety of nutrients which acts as a antibacterial and antifungal properties to treat cough.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Cough:
Apple cider vinegar could be used with variety of natural ingredients which will work best for your skin. Below are some of them:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Cough:
Apple Cider Vinegar Solution is for just about everything including coughs. Just mix 1 tablespoon of ACV into 1 cup of warm water. Consume this solution for soothing the throat. ACV taste may be sour and if the taste is really bothering you, then you can opt to add a teaspoon of honey to make it taste better.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey for Cough:
Honey is rich in antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Along with ACV, it makes an effective remedy to treat cough and soothes throat. Take 2 tablespoon of ACV and honey each and mix it in a cup of warm water. Drink this solution to ease the cough.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Natural Spices Syrup for Cough:
For making this we need the below ingredients:
- ¼ teaspoon ground Ginger (Extract)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ACV
- 2 table spoon water
Combine these ingredients, and consume this asa syrup. This solution has natural anti-inflammatory properties which soothes sore throat and congestion.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Sugar and Butter Recipe for Cough:
This recipe is best suited for dry cough. For this you would need to mix 2-3 teaspoons of ACV with same amount of butter and sugar. Mix this thoroughly and consume this 2-3 times a day for cough relief. You can also add few drops of lemon juice for best results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Peppermint Tea for Cough:
Peppermint contains menthol which works as a decongestant and found in many cough products and medications. ACV too help to clear congestion.
For making this tea, mix 1 cup of peppermint tea flavored water (warm for gargle) and 1 tablespoon of ACV. Use this solution for gargle and repeat this for best results.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar with Juice Extracts for Cough:
Mix juice of one carrot, 1 apple, a small piece of ginger and four tablespoons of ACV and 2 drops of liquid cayenne pepper extract. Heat this mixture to not more than 110 degrees and add 2 table spoons of honey at the end. There is no need of cooking the honey. Sip this and find a good relief from cough and sore throat. Carrots are rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin B which fights against virus causing dry cough and along with ACV, ginger and apple makes it a very effective remedy.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always wash your hands often and keep them sanitized.
- If the cough is continuing for more than a week along with other symptoms such as fever, headache and difficulty in breathing then its always advised to seek medical practitioners suggestion.
- Children with cough should always be seen by a pediatrician.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
All these ACV remedies will work very well for different types of cough. However if the cough is getting worsened instead of getting better and is lasting for a long time then it will be wise to seek a medical opinion.
We hope these remedies cure your cough and give you relief. However if this doesn’t cure, we would suggest visiting the doctor for further consultation.
- 6 Effective Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sore Throat
- 6 Effective Ways to Treat Strep Throat Naturally with Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 Effective Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Curing Colds Fast