An increase in the bowel movement, an increase in the looseness of stool is called diarrhea. There are various medicines to combat this problem however the use of apple cider vinegar is one of the quickest remedies for diarrhea. As it is a substance that is present in most household it acts as a temporary relief from the pain.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help In Curing Diarrhea?
Apple cider vinegar is one of those miracle cure-alls that is present in most of the kitchens. Some of the reasons why apple cider vinegar can prove beneficial are given below.
- Its antibacterial properties help to kill diarrhea causing germs.
- It contains the pectin fiber that helps to thicken the stool.
- It helps to soothe intestinal spasms that are caused during diarrhea.
- It helps to maintain the correct pH levels in the stomach.
- It replenishes the body with potassium and magnesium.
- It helps to eradicate stomach ache and cramps, headaches and other symptoms associated with diarrhea.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Diarrhea:
Apple cider vinegar is a natural treatment for diarrhea. There are many drugs and over the counter medications that can be used. However using apple cider vinegar does not give you the side effects that come with various medicines.
Directions For Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is a very easy method of getting quick relief.
- Mix one table spoon of apple cider vinegar with one glass of water.
- Stir it well.
- Drink this mixture after every meal.
Note: You can use lukewarm water as well.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar With Lemon Juice:
This makes a very tasty drink for those who like lemons. The lemon helps to rejuvenate you. It also prevents you from falling ill frequently.
- Extract the juice from three lemons in a small bowl.
- Add one fourth cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to it.
- Mix this well.
- Drink this mixture once a day regularly.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Powder:
This drink should be taken carefully. The dosage should be correct to avoid any unwanted reactions.
- You will need one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one fourth tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix these two together.
- Add it to a glass of water.
- Drink it regularly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey:
Both honey and apple cider vinegar helps you to combat diarrhea.
- In a glass of warm water add one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
- Stir the mixture well and drink it.
Tips And Precautions:
Apple cider vinegar is a natural method of curing diarrhea butcertain precautions must be maintained while consuming it.
- Taking overdose of ACV can reverse the well being of the treatments and may cause more harm.
- People having diabetes should not use apple cider vinegar as it tends to lower blood sugar levels.
- Consumption of ACV should be continued up to one or two days after the diarrhea is cured.
- Consulting the doctor is important if any allergic reaction is noticed.