Gallstones- as the name indicates are the accumulation of hard material inside the gall bladder. The main reason for developing gallstones is accumulation of cholesterol in the body. High fat diet, pregnancy, liver malfunction are some of the reasons that can cause gallstones. Though most of us resort to complicated medical treatments such as surgery and prolonged medication, but would it not be much better if we could treat these gallstones right in our homes without having to undergo painful and expensive procedures at the hospitals.
Apple cider vinegar, also known as cider vinegar or ACV, which is made by fermenting apples and then fermenting apple must and has numerous health benefits.Below we have mentioned how one could use ACV for treating gall stones at home. Have a look.
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Treat Gallstones?
The health benefits of apple have been long known by the famous saying- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Apple cider vinegar contains high acetic acid content. This makes ACV an excellent therapeutic or home based remedy and gallstones are one of the issues it cures.
- Apple cider vinegar has a lot of antibiotic properties and kills the harmful bacteria that causes acidity and heartburn in the stomach.
- It has anti-glycemic properties that help in the lowering of blood sugar by blocking starch production in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar contains antioxidants like gallic acid and catechins that helps in maintaining the nutrient levels in the body.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gallstones?
1. Apple Cider Vinegar with Water:
- Mix a little apple cider vinegar with a glass of apple juice.
- Drink it whenever there is a painful attack due to gallstones.
- This will reduce the pain within fifteen minutes.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Lemon Juice:
- Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of lemon juice with one glass of warm water.
- Drink this liquid every morning on an empty stomach and this helps prevent the pain caused by gallstones.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Olive Oil:
- Apple cider vinegar is mixed with an equal concentration of olive oil.
- This is then mixed with a glass of warm water.
- Drink this every day in the morning and this helps flush out anything accumulated in the gall bladder.
Tips and Precautions:
- Even though Apple cider vinegar is beneficial, however its effects are slow. Hence a long usage is recommended.
- Drinking undiluted apple cider vinegar is not advised as its acid content is very high. One should ensure diluting it with water before consumption.
- Excessive and continued use of apple cider vinegar can cause depletion of iodine from the body and iodine is essential for our body and hence its excessive use is unadvisable.
Taking apple cider vinegar with breaks of a 2-3 weeks proves beneficial. If the long use causes any other health issue, visiting a doctor is recommended.