Gout is a type of arthritis. When uric acid builds up in blood, it causes arthritis. Uric acid is formed when there is breakdown of waste material i.e. purines. In few cases, this uric acid stays in the blood and eventually forms crystals which get accumulated in joints band ultimately causing gout. The problems are faced by men above the age group of 40 years and those who are overweight. There are many symptoms of gout and redness; severe attacks of pain, stiffness in the joints are her to name a few.
The problem of gout could be genetical as well. Few other reasons which give room to the problem of gout are no physical exercise, poor lifestyle, old and poor eating habits, unhealthy diet, smoking, consumption of excessive liquor, stress, etc.
Gout can take place at any joint in the body namely wrist, knees, ankle, hands and feet. The one suffering from it only knows writhing pain this problem can cause. The pain is so acute that it can disturb your daily routine. If the problem is left untreated, then it can cause health issues in the long run. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor if you encounter any of the symptoms. However, before you do that why not to try few home remedies. They might work and otherwise, a doctor is always an option which patients have.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to go for before you give yourself to OTC medications and treatments.
How is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Gout?
- Vinegar consists of potassium which is the best nutrient to remove toxins out of the body. Whereas, presence of calcium, amino acids and iron do not let toxins build up in the first place and work as antibiotics.
- Apple acid vinegar will balance the level of pH in your body and not only cure the problem of gout but also prevent it from recurring.
- Sincere intake of the vinegar will break the uric acid and not allow formation of crystals in the joints.
- Vinegar helps in purification of the body and easy blood circulation, thereby allowing one’s body to escape problems like gout.
- It improves the digestive system and hence, reduces the chances of forming uric acid.
- The presence of malic and acetic acid in vinegar relieves a body from the pain given by gout.
- It turns into alkaline once it enters a body, and destroys the uric acid by dissolving sodium urate crystals and eventually helps in escaping a problem like gout.
- Apple cider vinegar increases the content of water in a human body and makes a way for toxins and crystals to pass through urine.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of the vinegar help the patient to bear the pain and swelling of the joints.Due to reduction in pain, one is able to move the joints freely.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout:
Apple cider vinegar acts as a therapist and it can be used for many problems. However, vinegar will be able to cure this problem and help you to get rid of the gout pain only if it is used in the right quantity and at the right time. Here are few ways in which apple cider vinegar can be used.
1. Use it Directly:
Apple cider vinegar can be consumed for it will help in breakdown of the crystals and help your body to bid adieu to the problem and the pain. In fact, not only this it will also help in reformation of the joints.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of vinegar in one glass of water.
- Drink the above mixture twice a day and say goodbye to the gout pain.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey:
- Take vinegar and honey in equal quantity.
- Mix it will and consumes the same daily.
- It should be taken twice a day until and unless you find complete relief from the problem.
3. Soak Joints in Apple Cider Vinegar:
The enzymes present in the vinegar help one to get rid of the pain and swelling and soaking your affected area in it will only hell you in feeling better.
- Take 4 cups of hot water in a bowl and pour 1 cup of vinegar in it.
- Mix the above mixture well and soak the swollen part in the same for 30 minutes.
- Practice the above procedure daily, at least twice a day and soon you will find the condition improving.
- Also, you can soak a towel in the above mixture and wrap it around the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda:
- Take ½ teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Mix it well and consume it around 30 minutes before taking your meal.
- Make sure that you do not take the mixture empty stomach for it can cause diarrhea.
- It should be consumed at least thrice a day to get rid of gout.
Tips and Precautions:
It cannot be denied that apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to cure the problem of gout.However, there are certain points that should be kept in mind be forte you start using the same.
- It is recommended that vinegar is better to be consumed after meals or it can also be taken before going to bed, as one feels the pain at the most during night time.
- For effective and quick result, one should use raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar because it contains the ingredient ‘mother’ in it.
- Apple cider vinegar shall be consumed with the help of a straw as it will prevent your teeth from decaying.
- One should not consume alcohol, stop smoking, reduce intake of acidic beverages for they have negative effect on the gout pain.
Try apple cider vinegar for quick recovery. Tell us your experience, we are waiting to hear.