The cosmetic and emotional benefits of losing weight are pretty straightforward. When you lose weight, you feel better about yourself because you feel you look better. There is a simple call and response dynamic between the image you see in the mirror and how you feel inside. While this leads to many other benefits like increased confidence, a greater sense of fulfilment and personal contentment, there are also substantial health benefits to losing weight.
While there are numerous methods for reducing weight ranging from surgical removal of excess fat to popping pills, the best way still for the reduction of weight is by using natural remedies, the most effective of which is Apple cider vinegar. For quite a long time Apple cider vinegar has been used by many people as an effective way of losing excessive weight. This weight loss method is also beneficial for circulatory health. Even children who are obese can use this supplement for excessive weight loss as it has no side effects.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For Weight Loss?
Apple cider vinegar benefits the body in many ways but one of its significant benefits is that it helps reduce weight. Following are the ways in which it can stimulate the process of weight reduction.
1. Hunger Control:
One of its abilities is to reduce the appetite of the person who consumes it. The pectin, present in the vinegar will help reduce the appetite as it makes the stomach feel full when combined with water. This will automatically reduce the amount of food you consume and aid in reduction of weight.
2. Reduction In Excess Sodium Level:
When the body retains extra water, it automatically gains weight. Apple cider vinegar contains lots of potassium that helps in flushing out the sodium from the body which in turn results in less retention of water, thereby reducing the overall weight of your body.
3. Boosts Metabolism:
Apple cider vinegar contains many minerals and vitamins that help the body in one way or the other. One such component that aids metabolism of the body is acetic acid. Acetic acid helps speed up the iron absorption process. This acid breaks down the food in the body, and helps absorb the iron in it, which in turn leads to higher utilisation of oxygen. This increases the metabolic rate of the body which helps burn calories at a faster rate and therefore results in weight loss.
A lot of people have a tendency to eat a lot in stressful circumstances. Apple cider vinegar releases proteins during the digestion process which helps release amino acids. These amino acids then release serotonin in the body which tranquillises the nerves and helps reduce stress, thereby decreasing excessive consumption of snacks or fatty products.
5. Fat Reduction:
As the vinegar improves the digestive process, it also reduces fat buildup and helps convert it to energy, thereby resulting in weight loss.
6. Sugar Control:
Whenever a person is trying to reduce weight, he cuts back on the amount of sugar he consumes. Apple cider vinegar controls the sugar level in the blood by stabilising the concentration of glucose in the body. Stable blood sugar level limits the amount of carbohydrates you consume, thereby reducing and maintaining your weight.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar with Water:
- Just mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink the mixture between one and three times a day, ideally before a meal.
- Apple cider vinegar is very acidic, so you need to dilute it to protect your teeth, throat and the lining of your stomach.
- Mix the ingredients and use straw to drink the mixture as drinking apple cider vinegar on a daily basis can harm your teeth due to its acidic nature.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Lemon Juice, Honey and Cinnamon Powder:
- Fill a glass with filtered water, make sure the water is not too hot or too cold.
- Add one table spoon apple cider vinegar.
- Add half spoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add Half table spoon honey.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Mix the ingredients well with the spoon and take this solution.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Orange and Water:
- Squeeze one whole fresh orange into a glass.
- Now, add one table spoon apple cider vinegar.
- Fill the glass with water.
- Mix all ingredients and intake regularly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey and Grapefruit Juice:
- 1 ½ cup fresh grapefruit juice.
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- 2 teaspoon honey.
- Place all ingredients in a pitcher and stir well.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar with Garlic, Lemon and Honey:
- 4 cups purified water
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoon of honey
- Place a small saucepan over medium flame. Pour in water and stir in garlic and heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Strain the liquid carefully into a pitcher, stir in vinegar, honey and lemon juice and mix well.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey, Coconut Oil and Cinnamon:
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup purified water, hot
- Pour hot water in a serving glass. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Note: Due to its acidic nature ACV can damage your tooth enamel so it’s advised to consume ACV in a diluted form and using a straw.
The above mentioned methods can help reduce weight with the help of apple cider vinegar. High quality apple cider vinegar is the best addition you can put into any diet or weight loss program. Weight loss and diabetes sugar control are two of the few scientifically studied areas in apple cider vinegar.