Yeast infection or in scientific term candidiasis is one of the most common problem which is faced by people who are residents of areas experiencing hot and humid climate. As per medical experts this infection mostly appears in intestinal tract either in vagina or the mouth of the tract. If this infection develops in vagina then it is called as vaginitis.
A feeling of severe itchiness is experienced by the victim and redness develops on exterior wall of Vagina and also in inner thigh zone. One will experience irritation along with whitish or yellowish discharge from vagina. Based on data collected from medical surveys done on women we get to know that close to 80% of the global women population faced such infection in some point of the time or other. Many women accepted they try to resolve the issue on their own with some OTC medicines as well as some tropical ointments and got benefited. But in case you are suffering from this problem and want some natural remedies for fast curing of the infection then you can take the advantage of using Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV.
This infection is not restricted to vaginal area and can also occur in areas like mouth, skin and Intestine. Presence of limited numbers of yeasts is common in every intestinal tract. The situation turns worst when the yeast starts growing or gets multiply in number fast. It causes toxic effects leading to joint pain, irritability, headaches, depression, anxiety, and sleeplessness, rashes in skin, diarrhea and also intestinal cramping. You can find this infection in those skin areas which remains under a fold like breasts, area between figures and toes etc.
Oral infection gives the look of white, creamy- lesions or sores in inner part of mouth, mostly on the inner cheeks zone or at the tongue bottom and if not treated in time make the condition severe.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Yeast Infection:
- Apple cider vinegar supports in treating the yeast in intestine with re-balancing the gut flora which is located in human intestines by destruction of toxic yeast.
- Apple cider vinegar supports in curing of yeast infection caused in the vaginal zone of women.
- Apple cider vinegar being natural antibiotic supports body to fight against all bacteria, virus other organisms causing disease.
- Presence of mild acid in ACV supports in keeping natural pH balance even of vagina and protects from further expansion of yeast infection.
- If consumed orally, available proteins and enzymes in ACV helps in boosting of immune system and supports in preventing yeast infections.
Ingredients Used in Making of Apple Cider Vinegar for Yeast Infection:
As apple cider vinegar is basically a prebiotic and so you need to make sure that you are consuming sufficient good bacteria so that it can perform well. Go for fermented foods which will be helpful to support the action of ACV on your body. ACV contains malic acid which is popular as anti-viral, anti-bacterial as well as anti-fungal properties.
- Select organic ACV which is unpasteurized, unprocessed as well as unfiltered.
- Go for ACV having “mother” of vinegar. It floats on the top of the vinegar having beneficial enzymes, bacteria as well as trace minerals
To Make ACV on Your Own:
- Apple cores with peels. Collect it from 8 to 10 apples
- 2 spoon raw ACV having mother
- 2 spoon raw honey
- Water (non-chlorinated)
- 2 quart glass jar
- Paper towel
- Rubber band
How to do:
- Mix all the ingredients in glass jar and cover with cloth and tight with rubber band and let air come in contact with the mix.
- Place in warm and dark place and keep for 2 weeks. ensure to stir the mix every day.
- After 2 weeks now filter the mixture and store it in a clean jar.
- Now cover again and leave it for say another 2 weeks to 1 months and keep tasting it to know if it’s ready.
- Once ready its time to end the process of fermentation.
- Cover the jar with cap and place in refrigerator. Now use it for treating yeast infection.
How to Apply Apple Cider Vinegar for Treating Yeast Infection:
- Take 1 and half to 2 spoons of ACV and mix it with glass of water or with herbal tea
- Consume it 2 to 3 times daily till there is any sign of improvement.
- It will reduce the chances of developing yeast infection because it supports PH balance
Method 1: Taking Bath in ACV Water
For skin yeast infection, take two cup of ACV and add in lukewarm water for bath. Use the water to take bath for about 20 minutes. If you want you can add up 3-4 drops of tea tree oil. Once done make your body dry with clean towel or skin moisture will enhance yeast infection growth.
Method 2: Compressing with ACV
Mix few tablespoons of ACV along with same amount of water. Now damp a clean cloth or cotton in mix. Make ACV compress in affected zones for about 10 to15 minutes. Then clean the area with water and pat dry. Daily follow this process twice till infection disappear
Method 3: Douche with ACV
- This method is considered best for maintaining Ph balance of Vagina.
- Take 3 spoon of ACV and mix with a cap of distilled water
- Apply the mixture for Vagina douche
- After starting the process the infection in the Vagina and irritation will start reducing
- For severe condition follow the process twice a day
- After noticing improvement reduce it to once a day
Vagina is a delicate area of a woman’s body and so it is advisable for you to consult your gynaecologist before applying this method for treating yeast infection in the vagina. If you want you can make use of tampon dipped in ACV in dilute form for treating the infection in vagina as it will be in close contact with vagina wall. Keep it for no more than 10-15 minutes.