Milk is a very vital part of our diet and should be consumed on a regular basis. It is said that every growing adult and children should drink at least two cups of milk in a day. Cow’s milk is said to be the healthiest form of milk to consume. Cow’s milk is said to contain all the essential nutrients, proteins and fat content as that of human milk. It is enriched with components that help in developing the immune system in children and adults.
Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking Milk:
1. Healthy Bones and Teeth:
- From a very young age, we are taught at school that milk is good for the growth and strengthening of bones and teeth since it is a good source of calcium. Calcium along with Vitamin D is good for healthy teeth and bones.
2. Rebuild Muscles:
- Being a source of protein, milk helps in rebuilding muscles and prevents wear and tear.
3. Good for Heart and Blood Pressure:
It has been scientifically proved that drinking a glass of milk every day, is good for one’s heart and high blood pressure. Consuming milk ever day reduces the chances of dying with a heart condition by 20%.
4. Reduces Weight and Promotes Healthy Skin:
- Low-fat milk or skim milk helps reduce weight. A glass of skimmed milk with some fruit is the best diet for weight loss. The lactic acid in milk, along with its other nutrients, gives our skin a healthy glow and prevents it from any environmental damage caused by toxins.
5. Improves Eyesight:
- The presence of Vitamin A and Vitamin B in milk improves eyesight. Hence it is recommended that kids start drinking milk from an early age.
- A glass of cold milk is the best medicine for heartburns or acid reflux. Make sure that the person is not lactose intolerant.
7. Remedy for Cancer:
- It might not kill the cancer cells, but milk has the potentiality to provide relief to a person suffering from colon cancer.
What is the Best Time to Drink Milk?
- Drinking milk at morning is never suggested because it is quite heavy to digest.
- When you drink milk at afternoon that encourages strength in old people along with it reduces your certain ailments that you are suffering from like calculi or stones, urinary disorder, and more.
- Drinking milk at evening time is extremely advantageous for your eyes.
- The right and the perfect time to drink milk as it helps to eliminates tiredness, stress, lack of sleeping and especially help to digest heavy foods.
Advantages of Drinking Milk at Night:
- When you take milk at night that is the best timing that helps to provide good sleep as the milk consist amino acid tryptophan the melatoninthat helps to sleep on time and maintain a healthy sleep pattern. It also helps to fight against several health conditions such as fever, skin problems, weak digestion, cough, loose bowel movements, and others health problems.
Few Pointers to Keep in Mind When it Comes to Milk:
- Make sure that the person is not lactose intolerant.
- A person suffering from weak digestion or stomach infection – should avoid drinking milk.
- Milk taken with oily food is not a good combination.
- Cold milk is also harmful to health hence go for warm milk.
- Avoid going to bed right after drinking milk as it is difficult to digest.
- Drinking milk with either tea or coffee does not have the same impact as plain milk.
- Since milk is hard to digest, after consuming it, wait for a while before you start exercising.
- Buy pasteurized milk.
- DO NOT drink milk in between your meals.
Now you not only know the various health benefits of milk but also which is the best time to drink milk. So what are you waiting for? Go grab that glass of milk from your refrigerator to ensure you gain the maximum of health benefits that milk can provide.