Properties of Castor Oil:
The use of castor oil against cellulite is not groundbreaking, but very effective to improve the condition of the skin, which spoils the look in the form of pits and bumps. Extracted from the castor plant, castor oil is commonly used for cooking. Castor oil is rich in a substance called ricin that attributes to its amazing properties for use on skin and hair.
Castor oil has been widely used in medicine and cosmetology. The presence of retsinolevoy, oleic and linoleic acids in castor oil make it a beneficial natural oil to use. The physical properties of castor oil also give it an edge over other vegetable oils as it has high density and viscosity, and when applied to the skin does not cause greasiness or block the entry of oxygen in the skin. Castor oil is a yellowish oily liquid that has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. The presence of unsaturated fatty acids in castor oil attribute to its healing properties.
Read Also: [ How To Get Rid Of Cellulite With Vinegar ]
The Use of Castor Oil in Medicine:
Castor oil is used in combination therapy for the treatment of
- Skin diseases
- Bruises, wounds and ulcers on the skin
- Inflammatory responses
- Varicose veins
- Disorders in the female genital area.
Other Health Benefits of Castor Oil Include:
- Castor oil is used as a treatment against colds and bronchitis.
- Stimulates metabolism and promotes gut health.
- Used as a laxative.
- Can be used to promote health of pregnant women.
Cellulite and Stages of Cellulite:
Cellulite is a disease of subcutaneous fat, which is the focal fibro-dystrophic lesion tissue. The reasons for cellulite can be
- hormonal “shake-up” of the organism in the form of pregnancy, menopause, or endocrine diseases
- circulatory disorders and venous insufficiency
- An unbalanced diet
- Passive lifestyle, lack of exercise
- Excessive consumption of coffee, alcohol, drugs
The basis for the development of the disease is disorders in the circulatory system, in particular the destruction of the walls of the capillaries and the deterioration of the micro circulation. By increasing the permeability of the vessel walls, plasma penetrates the thickness of the connective tissue.
Read Also: [ How To Get Rid of Cellulite Fast ]
Effects of Castor Oil on Cellulite
The combination of acids in the composition of castor oil not only stimulates the lymphatic drainage of the subcutaneous tissue, but also helps the body get rid of excess fluid and cellular waste. Moreover, the impact of particles of oily liquid on the circulatory system improves the ability of the blood to carry oxygen and nutrients to the cells. As a result of castor oil on the body, “wakes up” and begins to actively operate the lymphatic system, and the body is purified of toxins at the cellular level. According to reviews, castor oil against cellulite is remarkable by the fact that it has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Massage the problematic areas with castor oil to significantly reduce the pain from this disease. After all the procedures, the skin remains moisturized for a long time and velvety to the touch, because castor oil has high softening properties.
How to Use Castor Oil for Cellulite?
Wraps with castor oil for cellulite are considered to be one of the most effective treatments in the fight for healthy skin. The secret lies in the prolonged action of heat and the healing elements of castor oil on the tissue located deep under the skin.
- Soak a big and thick piece of cotton with castor oil, spread it on the place of accumulation of pits and bumps, and then wrap up the problematic place with a woollen cloth (for example, an old shawl). Apply a warm heating pad. Hold until the warmth disappears- this time will be sufficient for the warm castor oil to penetrate deep into the skin.
- More efficient is combination of castor oil with other essential oils. Follow the above procedure by mixing 15-drops of any essential oil with castor oil.
For Massage Use the Following Recipe:
- Castor oil – 120 ml
- Grapefruit essential oil – 40 caps
- Lemon essential oil – 30 drops
- Cedar essential oil – 30 drops
- Lavender essential oil – 25 Caps
Take a glass jar and mix all the ingredients in it. Use the mixture as needed.
Read Also: [ Top 15 Foods That Fight Cellulite ]
Castor oil has a number of benefits for not just improving skin but hair health as well. It is important to heat castor oil before use to take most advantage of its effects.