Although constipation is not a serious disease, it can cause lot of discomfort. The balance of the food intake and excretion plays a vital role in everyone’s life. Constipation hinders the same and causes the bowel movement to slow down, causing serious discomfort.
Natural remedy like the castor oil is a very useful and easy remedy for constipation.
Does Castor Oil Help in Relieving Constipation?
If you are experiencing occasional constipation then castor oil is perhaps the best remedy for the situation. However if constipation occurs for a prolonged period of time then it is essential that one must consult a doctor immediately. Castor oil helps in following ways.
- It acts as a stimulant.
- It helps to lubricate the bowels without drawing water from the walls of the intestine.
- It increases the movement of the intestine.
How To Use Castor Oil for Constipation Relief:
1. Castor Oil With Milk:
This is a readily available remedy found in any household.
- Mix one full teaspoon of castor oil to a glass of cold milk.
- Stir it well.
- This mixture must be consumed once a week for cleansing the stomach.
2. Castor Oil With Orange Juice:
You can make your castor oil consumption delicious with orange juice. At the same time enjoy the benefits of the fibers to ease your constipation.
- Mix equal proportions of castor oil and orange juice.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Consume it on an empty stomach.
- Follow it up by drinking hot water every 20 minutes 3-5 times.
- Once the stomach is light and clean, yogurt can be consumed for its cooling effect.
3. Castor Oil With Hot Water:
It is a traditional way to improve metabolism.
- Add one teaspoon castor oil to a cup of hot water.
- It should be stirred well so that the castor oil does not stick to the bottom of the cup.
- Drink this on an empty stomach, twice a week.
4. Detoxification With Castor Oil:
This method helps to detoxify your body from the outside.
- Rub castor oil on your stomach.
- Then cover this with a cloth or a towel and place a hot bottle of water for 45minutes to an hour.
- This method helps to detoxify the body and open up any blockage in stomach and intestine.
Tips and Precautions:
- People are generally able to consume castor oil without any side effects. However some people experience certain effects for which precautions need to be taken.
- In case you have taken castor oil for 7 consecutive days with no relief from constipation; it is advised that you see your doctor.
- Pregnant women should refrain from consuming castor oil unless prescribed by the physician.
- Abdominal pain, cramps, nausea, diarrhea are some common side effects. These are generally short lived. However if they persist one must consult the doctor.
If rashes or itching occur over a large portion of the body, then consult the doctor at once.