Ear infection is quite common among men, women, and children. When the infection occurs exactly in the middle ear it is called as “Otitis Media” or OM and the reason it occurs is because of the blockage of Eustachian tubes in your ear. This tube is attached in your middle ear with your nose. The tube is obstructed causing infections by bacteria and viruses. We know ears are extremely sensitive part of our body so; we should not use anything to dig out the ear wax. The ear wax is a protective secretion from the ear glands that avoids entry of foreign particles in the ear canal.
Essential oils are those treatment options that fully assist you to treat your ear infection quickly without any side effect at all.
6 Best Essential Oils for Ear Infection and How to Use:
1. Lavender Oil for Ear Infection:
This oil is very effective and is on top of the list of oils to cure ear infection. Lavender oil is produced from flowers of lavender plant and it caters various health benefits especially for ear infection. This oil lessens the pain in your ear, boosts proper blood flow and also eliminates the stress and nervous tension. It also helps to treat your respiratory trouble.
How to use:
- Just take a few drops of lavender oil and
- Put to the outer area of ear and the rub lightly for some time.
- Do this frequently in a day to get relief from ear pain.
2. Olive Oil for Ear Infection:
Using olive oil is one of the most effective essential oils that treat your ear infection. This oil not only helps to ease the irritation of your ear it also aids to unblock Eustachian tubes. It provides very soothing effects and decreases swelling of your ears easily. Applying olive oil is perfect choice to lessen pain sensations. If you use olive daily it helps to avert undue increase of earwax in your inner ear.
How to use:
- Just take a few drops of olive oil to your ear and
- You need to wait until the wax gets smoothen and makes sure that to cover your ear with cotton ball.
- Repeat this process many times in a day.
3. Tea Tree Oil for Ear Infection:
Tea tree oil is an awesome essential oil that is a great home remedy for ear infection. This oil contains antibacterial and antiviral properties and these are helpful to remove ear infection instantly. This oil also reduces inflammation and pain as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
How to use:
- You need to take a small saucepan and mix 3 drops of tea tree oil with colloidal silver,
- take 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in the saucepan.
- Heat them a little. Next put a clean towel under your head and then place in your infected area of ear.
- Better to use ear dropper to Use a dropper to put warm concoction what you have created just now.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then change sides to use up it out.
- Apply this formula many times for 3 days and get effective result.
4. Oregano Oil for Ear Infection:
Another essential oil is oregano oil that is great home treatment for your ear infection and it helps to treat your sore ear and instantly provides relief from ear pain.
How to use:
- You need to take oregano oil and
- then apply on the affected ear, rub gently on that portion of ear.
- Remember don’t pour this oil in the ear tube.
5. Basil Oil for Ear Infection:
Basil oil is the right treatment at home for ear infection. It contains with antiviral, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. This oil is too effective to treat your ear infection immediately. Along with the basil oil also cure your respiratory, throat, and lung infections.
How to Use:
- Wet a cotton ball in basil oil and just put some of basil oils on a cotton ball.
- Next pour inside your ear.
- Do it several times in a day by changing your cotton ball to prevent the infection in ear.
6. Thyme Oil for Ear Infection:
Another great essential oil to treat ear infection includes thyme oil and it carries antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-fungal properties. All these properties help to abolish your ear infection provides relief from pain.
How to Use:
- Add one teaspoon of almond oil,
- next need to take 2 drops of thyme oil and 2 drops of lavender oil and make them blend together.
- Apply that blend on the outer area of your ear that provides instant relief from ear pain.
- Do this several times in a day and note that the oil should not be used inside the ear canal but should be applied to the outer ear.
Ear infections and any problem related to the ear are challenging to cure as the ear is a very sensitive organ. The use of essential oils has been proven beneficial as they do not pose any risk when used.