In this modern era we find that homemade facial masks are extremely popular among women. Gelatin is highly effective as a face mask for preventing the signs of ageing. This facial mask is quite effective and successfully fights against age-related skin changes.
Using Gelatin for the Face
Gelatin is a clammy stuff that is widely used for cooking to make a range of dishes. It is frequently used in the production of filler, marmalades and jellies. It is a good quality substance and there is no odor at all. Gelatin is available for commercial purpose in large quantities as a conservative PVA adhesive. It is used as a dietary supplement and is used to attain certain consistency in a dish. However this form of gelatin is not used for the skin. Ensure that the grade of gelatin being used is right for facial purpose.
Gelatin contains adequate animal collagen that is quite similar to human flesh. Gelatin helps in restoring collagen. It allows the gelatin to enter into deep layers of the epidermis and restores new collagen structure. Thus, gelatin mask is recognized as the most effective and anti-aging tool accessible for using on a daily basis at home. It nourishes the skin and helps in skin rejuvenation.
How to Use Gelatin?
- First add a small amount of gelatin in either milk or water.
- Mix it well (should be approximately 5 times more fluid) and let it rise for approximately for 30 minutes.
- When it thickens, the container then the gelatin should be kept in a hot water bowl and turn it to the liquid state.
- Then you can mix it with other ingredients.
- Take the necessary amount of gelatin.
- Soak in cold water for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Then use the gelatin as homemade masks.
Tips to Follow:
- All the ingredients being used in the mask should be fresh.
- The utensils used in the preparation must be clean and dry.
- Apply mask on clean skin and if possible use a steamer to cleanse skin before using the mask.
- Apply the mask using a brush.
- Always use the mask based on the specified time as advised in the recipe.
- Remove the mask with a cotton swab dipped in milk or herbal tea.
5 Simple Homemade Gelatin Face Mask Recipes:
1. Gelatin Face Mask with Olive Oil and Honey:
- Olive oil
How to Prepare?
- Take gelatin (about one tablespoon).
- Pour warm water.
- Mix well.
- Make it to the liquid state in a water bath.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add same amount of liquid honey.
How to Use?
- Spread warm mask over the face.
- Leave to dry until the mask becomes dry and firm.
- Remove the mask from face
- Then apply a nourishing cream to your skin
- The mask combats with the signs of ageing.
- Eliminate wrinkles.
- Prevents the appearance of new wrinkles.
- Remove black dots on the face.
2. Gelatin Face Mask with Yoghurt and Flour:
- Soften one teaspoon of gelatin.
- Mix with one teaspoon of fermented milk product (kefir or yogurt).
- Add a teaspoon of flour.
- Apply to your face.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
This mask is ideal for oily skin types. If you have dry skin, then use ground oatmeal and milk powder instead of these ingredients. The preparation will be same.
3. Gelatin Face Mask with Banana and Glycerin:
- Take one teaspoon of gelatin.
- Add into warm water.
- Let the combination melt in a water bath.
- To the melted gelatin add minced pulp of ripe banana and half a teaspoon of glycerin.
- Mix all well to get the most homogeneous mass using a blender.
- Apply on your face.
- Leave it for 25 minutes.
You can also use other fruit instead of banana like green apple, strawberry and grapefruit. It promotes and moisturizes your skin.
4. Gelatin Face Mask with Egg:
How to make?
- Take a teaspoon of gelatin and cook it (as done above).
- Beat the egg white in a separate container.
- Once on the surface will be a small layer of foam, you need to pour a thin stream of liquid gelatin, without beating.
How to Use?
- Once the mass is soft, you can apply to the face.
- Do it in several layers.
- Each following layer must be applied only after the prior one is completely dry.
- The mask makes your skin tighten and bring firmness.
- It nourishes your skin.
Note: Lie down and lighten up, and after drying layer 3, take out the mask with a cotton swab dipped in warm water, and treat skin with a face cream.
5. Gelatin Mask for Dry Skin:
How to prepare?
- Take a teaspoon of gelatin with a little water.
- Wait until it thickens.
- Place it in a separate hot water bath and bring to liquid state.
- Add a teaspoon of butter.
- You don’t have to wait till the butter melts.
- Even, it is quite perfect in soft state.
- Grind with gelatin to form a consistent mass.
How to use?
- Apply by spreading over the face.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
Gelatin facial masks are extremely effective and useful. Using gelatin mask on your face gives best and positive result. But remember don’t use daily continuously. Always give short breaks of two to three days before using it again.