Taking honey, lemon water has a number of advantages
- Increases metabolism rates
- Improves digestion
- Boosts your immune system
- Purifies urinary tract
- Improves the assimilation of nutrients
- Balances pH levels
- Cleanses your skin
- Stimulates weight loss
How to Prepare the Drink?
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add juice of half a lemon.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix well and drink.
Lemon is a great fruit for our body and is a rich source of all essential vitamins and nutrients along with antioxidant properties that are extremely necessary for renovating the health and restoring the entire metabolic system. There are numerous benefits of lemon and when it is consumed with lukewarm water and honey and it completely revitalizes your body.
Chemical Composition of Lemon:
- Lemons contain sugars, polysaccharides, organic acids especially citric acid, lipids, carotenoid (pigment), vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, bitter limonoids, and volatile components. Lemon is a rich source of potassium (145 mg per 100 g fruit), bioflavonoids, and vitamin C (40 to 50 mg per 100 g, twice as much as oranges).
- The seclusion of vitamin C from lemon juice has been discoverd. Calcium (61 mg) is found in lemon, along with vitamins A, B 1, B 2, and B 3. The fruit is low in calories, which consists of 27 Kcal per 100 g.
- Other essential constituents of lemon include volatile oil (2.5% of the peel), limonene, alpha-terpinene, alpha-pinene, citral, coumarins, mucilage, pectins, and bioflavonoids (mostly from pith and peel).
- Flavonoids eriocitrin and hesperidine are also available in lemon. Flavonoids can act as direct antioxidants and free radical searcher, and have the power to adapt enzymatic activities and restrain cell proliferation.
Composition of Honey:
- Honey contains carbohydrates (82%), proteins and 17 free amino acids and is rich in proline. Honey is rich source of high amounts of the B vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6.
- It also consists of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), and the minerals calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, selenium, chromium and manganese.
- The chains of antioxidants in honey include flavonoids, of which one, pinocembrin, is exclusive to honey and bee propolis. Ascorbic acid, catalase and selenium are also antioxidants. Generally speaking, the darker the honey, the greater its antioxidising properties.
- Honey also consists of organic acids such as acetic, butanoic, formic, citric, succinic, lactic, malic, pyroglutamic and gluconic acids, and a number of aromatic acids. The main acid present is gluconic acid, formed in the collapse of glucose by glucose oxidase.
1. Benefits of Honey and Lemon for Skin:
- Lemon helps in purifying blood.
- It acts as a powerful cleansing agent.
- A combination of honey with lemon water increases the collagen of your skin.
- Presence of vitamin C and other antioxidants in lemon and honey helps alleviating wrinkles and blemishes.
- It helps to fight free radical damage.
- Vitamin C is essential for healthy radiant skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria that cause acne.
- It can be applied directly to scars or age spots to help lessen their appearance.
- Lemon water eliminates toxins from your blood.
- Lemon and honey provide great benefits to the skin by removing blemishes from the inside out.
- The vitamin C is contained in the lemon that rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
- Peel of lemon is a fine antimicrobial agent for skin.
2. Benefits of Honey and Lemon for Weight Loss:
- Lemons are a great source of pectin fiber and are low in calories which help to suppress your appetite.
- Adding warm water with honey and lemon also produces a more alkaline atmosphere in the stomach. This completely helps to reduce your weight.
3. Increases Metabolism:
- Lemons are a source of citric acid and the citrates play a vital role in the citric acid cycle or Krebs cycle or TCA cycle.
- This cycle is a sequence of chemical reactions central to almost every metabolic reaction and is the source of two-thirds of the food-derived energy in most organisms.
- So lemon helps to increase and improve the metabolism by supplying citric acid in good quantities.
4. Improves Digestion:
- Adding up lemon, honey and warm water together helps digestion.
- Its powerful composition is equal to saliva and thereby helps in the digestive process.
- It promotes the liver to create bile which is an acid that is necessary for digestion.
- The digestive qualities of lemon juice aids to ease symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
5. Purifies the Intestines Improving the Absorption of Nutrients:
- Combination of lukewarm water with honey and lemon helps in increasing the peristalsis of gastrointestinal area.
- It helps in the refinement of gut.
- It helps in the removal of accumulated fecal substance
- It helps to eliminate toxins and keeps the body hydrated.
6. Boosts Your Immune System:
- Lemons are rich sources of vitamin C, which is great for combating common cold and flu.
- It also increases iron absorption in the body.
- Iron plays a vital role in improving immune function.
- Lemons are also high in potassium that promotes brain and nerve functioning.
- It regulates blood pressure.
- Lemons contain Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) that has anti-inflammatory effects
- Lemons are also higher in saponins, which have all antimicrobial properties and those helps to fight against cold and flu at bay.
- Lemons also contain flavonoids which act as direct antioxidants and free radical scavenger.
7. Cleans Your Urinary Tract and Acts as a Diuretic:
- Combination of lemon juice and honey water helps to cleanse unnecessary materials by enhancing the rate of urination in the body.
- It also releases the toxins from your body easily
- It stimulates the liver and helps in detoxification.
8. Balances pH Levels:
- Lemons contain high amounts of both citric and ascorbic acid; weak acids that allow the mineral content of lemons to aid to produce alkalize in the blood.
- Consuming lemon water every day that helps to eliminate overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints.
9. Promotes Healing:
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in large quantity in lemon helps with wound healing.
- Lemons have essential nutrients that maintain your healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
- Containing vitamin C also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin C is an indispensable nutrient in the preservation of good health
- It also helps in recovery from stress and injury.
10. Freshens Breath:
- Lemons help to ease tooth pain and gingivitis.
11. Hydrates Lymph System:
- Combination of warm water and lemon juice strengthens your immune system by hydrating and restoring fluids lost during stress in the body.
- Lack of water in the body can lead to tiredness, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, mental clarity, feeling stressed, and lack of sleep are among others.
- The benefits of drinking honey with lemon water have been long known. The main tips to follow are to drink this daily first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for its great effects.