The hair on your comb or pillow can give you sleepless nights and compel you to desperately scour the internet for anti-hair fall treatments. If you have already tried all the hair fall treatments suggested by friends and family but found no solution, don’t lose heart. There are many natural remedies that can help to put a full stop to your hair fall and give you a healthy mane.
Natural remedies are the most effective and safe way to address your hair loss. These remedies are also easily available and inexpensive. Here are ten time-tested natural remedies to give your hair that shine and bounce-
Grate coconut and squeeze out the coconut milk. Apply this freshly made coconut milk on your scalp, keep it for sometime and then rinse thoroughly. This tissue-nourishing fluid will arrest hair fall.
Fenugreek or methi contain hormone antecedents, proteins and nicotinic acid that aids in hair growth and rebuilding hair follicles. Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind the seeds and make it into a paste. Apply the paste to your hair and cover with a shower cap. After 40 minutes rinse your hair thoroughly. Follow this routine daily for a month to see positive results.
You might be thinking why I should apply onion paste as it gives out an obnoxious smell that lingers for a long time. Here is the deal, onions are rich in sulfur that improves blood circulation, regenerates hair follicles and reduces inflammation. Onion juice also helps to kills germs that cause scalp infections and leads to hair loss. So you can make a little sacrifice of tolerating the smell of onions because it works like magic to control hair fall.
Related:17 Incredible Health Benefits of Onions
Licorice roots have many benefits like its helps to open the pores, soothe the scalp, gets rid of irritations like dry flakes, dandruff, hair loss and baldness.Grind the licorice root and add one tablespoon to a cup of milk with a quarter teaspoon saffron. Blend it well. Apply the paste on the bald patches at night and leave it overnight. Wash your hair next day. Alternatively, you can also sip warm licorice tea.
Curd is the natural hair conditioner and moisturizer. It makes the hair shiny and strong. Blend yogurt with black pepper and apply it to your hair. Rinse well when the mixture dries on your hair. Mix curd with honey or lemon juice and apply this on your hair. This will help to fight dandruff that causes hair loss.
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is by far the ideal natural hair loss therapy. All trichologists will suggest natural products containing amla to treat hair fall. Just boil dried amla in coconut oil till it turns black. Massage this oil in your scalp and hair. You can make your own hair fall preventive pack instead purchasing readymade ones. Make a paste out of amla and shikakai powder and apply it on your hair. Leave it for some time and wash it off. If your hair is dry or frizzy then avoid shikakai. You can also blend amla powder with lemon juice and apply the paste on your hair. Use the water you soaked amla to rinse your hair after shampoo.
Sometimes hair loss can occur due to irritated and dry scalp. Aloe vera helps to maintain the pH level of the scalp. Massage the hair and scalp with aloe vera gel and leave it for an hour or so. Wash the hair with lukewarm water. Always use freshly made aloe vera gel rather than buying it from the store. You can use this method to make your own aloe vera gel at home.You can also create your anti-hair fall shampoo rather than picking up one from the supermarket shelf. Just blend aloe vera gel, wheat germ oil and coconut milk together. Apply it on your scalp and rinse well. Alternatively, you can blend sodium chloride with aloe vera gel, the sodium in aloe vera gel penetrates deep into the scalp and relieves hair fall.
Green tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants and prevents hair loss. Soak two bags of green tea in one cup of warm water. Apply it on your hair and let it sit for an hour. Rinse thoroughly.
Neem is the indigenous wonder herb and its astringent property helps to keep both lice and dandruff at bay. Boil neem leaves in water until the water level drops down. Cool the water and rinse your hair with this mixture once a week.
Related: Top 50 Useful Health Benefits of Neem Oil
Hibiscus has numerous natural properties that help in treating hair loss and promotes hair growth. This flower also helps to cure dandruff, prevent split ends and premature greying and thickens hair. Just add tenChinese hibiscus flowers to a cup of coconut oil. Then heat the solution till it is charred and strain the oil. Apply the oil on your hair and leave it overnight. Wash your hair next day. Repeat this routine twice or thrice a week.
Steer away from harmful chemicals and use these natural products to get healthy hair. In addition to the remedies you can follow these tips to control hair fall-
Tips to Prevent Hair Fall
- Hair fall can happen due to vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems and hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy and menopause. If you are suffering from any of these medical conditions then you need to visit a doctor and get yourself treated.
- Hair is made up of protein called keratin and proper nutrition is necessary for replenishing the protein content by having 3 ounce of meat and 4-5 servings of dairy and beans. Add fish, eggs and nuts to the daily diet. Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can aid in getting healthy scalp and fight inflammation. So have a balanced diet if you want to stop hair fall.
- A good warm oil massage and turban therapy works best. Relax during weekends with a warm oil massage. Don’t use very hot oil, lukewarm is just fine.
- Meditate and relax since stress can also lead to hair fall.
- Avoid hot styling your hair like straightening and curling as much as possible.
- If you hair is thin then keep your hair short. Go for regular trims and do a side parting. Hair starts thinning from the middle.
- Use volume boosting products and keep your scalp clean always.
- Don’t comb wet hair or rub dry hair.
- Avoid junk food and stay hydrated. Eight glasses of water on a daily basis is necessary.
- Use natural oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil, lavender and almond oil to your hair. Make fresh home-made remedies and use them to get healthy hair. The vitamin E in these natural oils can do wonders for your hair.
Exercise regularly and follow a healthy lifestyle to arrest hair loss.
Hair fall is just one of the common problem but the solutions are numerous. Bid adieu to hair fall and say yes to thick hair with these tips and remedies. These remedies might take some time to work but their effect will be long lasting.