The skin is the first line of defense for any foreign substances that enter the body. The skin is the primary organ involved in the purification of the body and to protect the body from external influences. The skin reflects errors in our diet and lifestyle: these errors are reflected as inflammation, rashes, stretch marks, and cellulite. Therefore, it is necessary to constantly take care of the skin. Body scrubs are available in a number of cosmetic stores and professional services at spas and massage centers involve the use of body scrubs as well. However, this can be expensive and inconvenient. Here are a few do it yourself body scrubs to provide economical and reliable body scrub options at home.
Advantages of Using DIY Body Scrub:
Proper care of the skin and timely cleansing of dirt and dead cells is important. Sometimes water treatments are not enough and the skin needs exfoliation using a scrub. The body scrubs from cosmetic stores offers many varieties, from different manufacturers to different skin types. But you can make your own body scrub at home. Home scrubs use only natural products, contains no preservatives, fragrances and stabilizers making it more efficient. Producing a means to purify your skin is of great benefit as you know exactly your skin’s reaction to different ingredients. The use of body scrub is not recommended more than 1-2 times per week. As a result of using a scrub you can see results like activation of metabolism of skin cells, the pores are cleaned off the fat, the skin surface becomes smooth. Peeling improves skin tone; eliminate the irregularities and small extensions.
Applying the scrub is recommended in the evening, after a bath or taking a shower as the skin needs to be moist. Apply the scrub on the skin for a few minutes gently massage, then rinse with warm water. Do not be harsh when rubbing the skin with the scrub as this damages the surface of the skin and can lead to inflammation and thinning of the skin.
When Not to Use Body Scrubs?
- Pregnancy: Female body during pregnancy is very vulnerable, and sometimes can react unusually to the most innocuous procedure. In order to avoid undesirable consequences, while waiting for the child’s birth it is best not to use a scrub.
- Inflammation, wounds, scratches and other damage to the skin.
- When the skin is freshly tanned in the sun or in the solarium.
- Allergies and increased sensitivity of the skin to scrub components. If you have an allergic reaction, it is better to make a sample before starting the procedure.
- Severe venous nodes and bright vascular net. These phenomena can talk about vein disease. To conduct peeling in such areas is strictly prohibited.
Recipes for Homemade Body Scrub:
I. Coffee Body Scrub:
Do you want your skin to reflect the fragrant aroma of coffee? This is a perfect scrub if you consume coffee regularly and prefer coffee than other products.
Preparing a coffee scrub is very simple
- Mix coffee grounds remaining in the cup, with 1 tsp vegetable oil or cream.
- Apply scrub on wet skin; gently rub the skin surface.
- Leave the composition for 10 minutes.
- Add scrub oil and fat sour cream to this scrub to enhance its effect on the skin.
Naturally ground coffee is considered to be an excellent tool to combat cellulite. Even if you do not have this problem, you can use this recipe for the prevention of cellulite on the skin and increase skin smoothness.
1. Coffee Scrub with Shower Gel:
For organic coffee scrub require medium or coarse coffee powder or grains.
- In 10 ml of gel, add 1 tsp dry ground coffee.
- Before using scrub it is recommended to shake vigorously to mix the ingredients.
- In order to attain best results choose a gel with the scent of cinnamon, coffee or lemon.
2. Coffee Scrub with Honey:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of liquid honey with 1 tsp ground coffee and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Scrub is ready for use.
If the coffee is not very coarse, this composition can also be used for the face. Honey and olive oil are great to treat skin, moisturize and nourishing it with useful substances.
3. Scrub of coffee and yogurt:
This composition is used to combat cellulite and activation of lipolysis in problem areas.
- Mix 2 tablespoons ground coffee and 2 tbsp yogurt, add 1 tbsp cognac.
- Then everything is done in the usual way, do not forget to carry out a systematic procedure!
4. Coffee Scrub Stretch:
- Mix 5 tbsp of natural apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp ground coffee.
- Apply to the problem areas on the moist skin.
- To avoid exposure you can cover the body with a cling film for 10-15 minutes.
II. Sugar Body Scrub:
Sugar suits all kinds of skin types. You can use the normal white granulated sugar or brown raw sugar. It is not recommended to use very large particles of sugar but remember that powdered sugar too will not work. In the process of preparing the composition, the scrub does not involve dissolving the sugar because it will clean the skin when it is in granular form.
1. Sugar Scrub with Vitamins:
- Mix 1 cup sugar with ½ cup of olive oil.
- Add 2 tsp oil solution of vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Mix everything and pour it in a jar.
- Close tightly and store it in the refrigerator for increased shelf-life.
This recipe can be diversified by adding almond oil or peach oil instead of olive oil. You can make the body scrub fragrant by adding a few drops of essential oil of lavender, eucalyptus or rose.
2. Sugar Scrub with Cocoa:
Homemade Body Scrub with cocoa and sugar cleanses and softens the skin, giving it an amazing creaminess.
- Mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with 1 tbsp cocoa, add 2 tbsp sour cream.
- Use as directed for other scrubs.
3. Sugar Scrub with Oatmeal:
This kind of scrub is perfect for dry skin. To prepare oatmeal scrub
- Grind coffee using a blender.
- You can take the ready to use oatmeal.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil mixed with the same amount of sugar and 1 tbsp oatmeal.
III. Salt Body Scrubs:
In salt scrubs recipes there is often an inclusion of sea salt or plain salt. Both types of salt have excellent abrasive and bactericidal properties that perfectly cleanse the skin and also aiding its relief. Sea salt has a variety of trace elements like magnesium, potassium, iodine, phosphorus. Scrubs with sea salt not only exfoliate old skin cells but also saturate it with useful substances. Using the baths, wraps and scrubs with sea salt, you can get rid of cellulite and make the skin silky and smooth.
1. Scrub with Salt and Natural Coffee:
- Take equal proportions of natural sea salt and freshly ground coffee medium ground.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil. All thoroughly mixed, then used in the normal manner.
2. Scrub with Salt and Honey:
This scrub can be prepared for future use and stored in the refrigerator.
- Mix 3 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons sea salt.
- If honey gets hardened, it can be melted on a water bath with warm water, and then use.
3. Scrub with Salt and Sugar:
This is an excellent quality scrub obtained by mixing salt and sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup of sugar; mix with 1/2 cup of sea salt.
- Add 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Use as directed for other body scrubs.
4. Scrub with Salt and Orange Zest:
If you like the fragrant scrubs then use the following recipe.
- Grate orange peel.
- To 1 tablespoon of orange zest take 2 tablespoons sea salt.
- To this add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- You can mix a few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil.
- Apply this fragrant composition on wet skin and massage for a few minutes.
IV. Body Scrubs with Oils:
Oil in the scrubs composition integrated with other components which softens and moisturizes the skin. For a good consistency of the scrub you need to take 1/3 cup oil. If the skin is too dry, the amount of oil can be increased, but the scrub should be used immediately after preparation, since storage diminishes its activity. The home body scrubs include various oils:
- Sunflower oil. This is the familiar and economical option. Sunflower oil is quite easily absorbed by the skin and perfectly washed off at the end of the procedure.
- Olive oil. If you need to moisturize the skin and make it soft, it is necessary to include olive oil in the scrub. Adding Olive oil in scrubs is especially good for aging skin. Due to the high content of nutrients and vitamins, olive oil can work wonders: it rejuvenates the skin and moisturizes the skin for a long time.
- Grapeseed oil. It features a light texture and a sweet smell, has the ability to brighten the skin and provide moisture.
1. Vanilla Scrub with Almond Oil:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tbsp almond oil.
- Add 5 drops of vanilla essential oil.
- Add this perfume mixture on your body, gently massage and leave it for 10 minutes.
2. Scrub with Cinnamon and Olive Oil:
This compound has an antioxidant effect, accelerates metabolism in the skin, warming and purifying it.
- Mix 2 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp salt, add 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of coarse black pepper.
Homemade body scrubs are easy to prepare. Just make sure that there are no harmful chemicals or preservatives present in it, when compared to the commercially available body scrubs.