An increase in the bowel movement and looseness of stool is called diarrhea. Some people get it more often as a part of irritable bowel syndrome however a natural product like the yogurt can be of great help. Yogurt is an age old natural remedy for upset stomach. It is a homemade remedy that is always ready at hand. Below we have mentioned how one can use yogurt to curb the symptoms of diarrhea naturaly and various methods to do so. Have a look!
Yogurt has been widely accepted as a great breakfast or snack option. Being an easily available it the first option that comes to our mind regarding there treatment of diarrhea.
- It comes from milk, hence provides the eater a dose of animal protein along with other dairy nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, Vitamin B12, potassium and magnesium.
- Yogurt contains probiotics – a friendly bacteria present in the digestive system. Live strains of these good bacteria are found in Yogurt.
- Exfoliate the top layers of epidermis and get rid of all the discolorations, wrinkles and blemishes with the help of yogurt.
- The lactic acid in yogurt can remove the tarnish in brass leaving it without any chemicals.
- Special proteins in dairy regulate BP and high levels of calcium, magnesium, and potassium have blood pressure-lowering effect.
How To Use Yogurt for Diarrhea:
It is preferable to use the unsweetened yogurt for the treatment of diarrhea. The yogurt reduces the diarrhea to a great extent and reduces the pain as well.
Directions For Yogurt Use:
1. Plain Yogurt:
This is the easiest method of keeping away diarrhea.
- After every meal eat a cup of yogurt.
- Do not use too much sweetener in the yogurt.
- This will bring a balance in the good bacteria present in the intestine.
2. Yogurt With Fenugreek Seeds:
This is a very good preventive measure against diarrhea.
- Take one cup of yogurt.
- Add one spoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Mix the two ingredients well.
- Eat this daily.
3. Yogurt With Banana:
For all those who love banana this is something that you will surely love.
- Mix two bananas along with one cup of yogurt.
- Blend the mixture till its smooth.
- Add some honey for sweetening.
- You can now relish this drink.
4. Yogurt With Black Seed Oil:
If you have black seed oil at home then this method can be used.
- Mix one teaspoon of black seed with one cup of yogurt.
- Consume this mixture daily.
Tips And Precautions:
- Yogurt should not be over sweetened as it will not give the desired results.
- Use any brand of yogurt that contains active bacteria culture and natural vitamins and minerals. It enhances the healing process
- If sugar is mentioned as the first ingredient, avoid that brand.
Prevention and initial treatment through home remedies like yogurt is advisable but if the condition persists then the doctor should be consulted.