Banana is proven to be one of the most nutritious and healthy fruits that compensate for all the nutrient requirements in your body. For the same reason, banana has been used for preparing a number of home based masks for protecting the skin and hair. Banana is said to be used for cleansing, restoring hydration, vitamins enrichment, combating harmful substances and prevents aging. Banana is used in the form of a puree and it is used to enrich a number of cosmetics.
Tips to Follow
- Make sure that the components are not allergic agents (do a test by application on the wrist).
- Always use fresh products.
- Prepare a mask just before use.
- Clean the skin with soap and water. The pores should be free of creams, lotions, and other cosmetics.
- Apply the mask with washed clean hands or a special brush.
- Apply this mask for 15 – 30 minutes (depending on the recipe).
- If the mask is oily, remove by rinsing with warm water. Lean masks can be removed with cold water.
Table of Contents
- Recipes for Banana Masks for Skin:
- 1. Nourishing Mask of Bananas, Cream, and Honey
- 2. Moisture Mask with Banana:
- 3. Cleansing Mask for Oily Skin
- 4. Banana Mask for Dry Skin:
- 5. Mask with Banana and Olive Oil for Sensitive Skin:
- 6. Masks for Wrinkles with Banana:
- Recipes for Banana Masks for Hair:
- 1. Mask of Bananas and Cream
- 2. Mask of Banana, Honey, and Wheat
- 3. Mask with Banana, Milk, and Lemon:
Recipes for Banana Masks for Skin:
1. Nourishing Mask of Bananas, Cream, and Honey
The whole banana can be made to a puree, add a couple of tablespoons of cream and fresh fragrant honey. Stir the components until homogenous. Apply and wait for 15 minutes. Take off with a cotton sponge, soaked in a mineral or micellar water. This mask helps to resist skin aging.
2. Moisture Mask with Banana:
Mix the pulp of banana (100 grams) with 2 tablespoons of milk. If the mixture is in liquid form then add a little starch. Apply and leave it in for 15 minutes. When using starch in the mask do not use this mask for more than once a week.
3. Cleansing Mask for Oily Skin
Halve a small banana and crush with the help of a grater. Mix the main ingredient and add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 drops of vitamin A oil. Stir well and keep for 20 minutes. Take off the mask with a cotton sponge soaked in the infusion of marigold and wash with cold water.
4. Banana Mask for Dry Skin:
Add 1 tablespoon of crushed banana and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 3 drops of natural lemon juice. Moisturize your face before applying this mask and leave it on for 15 minutes. Remove by rinsing with warm water.
5. Mask with Banana and Olive Oil for Sensitive Skin:
If the skin is prone to irritation then the best oil to use is olive oil. A quarter of a ripe banana is crushed and pulverized into a puree. Add one teaspoon of olive oil. As a nutrient component add egg yolk and fresh cut herbs (parsley, mint, etc.). Apply on the face and leave for half an hour. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
6. Masks for Wrinkles with Banana:
Take a medium-sized banana, slice and mash it to form a puree. Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt (fermented milk primary) and 2 tablespoons of honey. Whisk all the ingredients using a fork. Use the mixture as a face mask for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
For wrinkles around the eyes skin, the mask can be made using banana, oatmeal, honey, and cream. 1/4 of a medium-sized banana can be mixed with one tablespoon of oatmeal and some honey mixed with cream. Mix well and form a thick paste. Use this around the eyes and leave it on for 20 minutes.
Recipes for Banana Masks for Hair:
1. Mask of Bananas and Cream
To 1 banana add yolk from one egg and 1 teaspoon of sour cream. Add 1 teaspoon of honey and add all the ingredients to a blender. Use this as a hair mask and apply to the entire length of your hair. Leave it on for 1 hour and wash using a mild shampoo.
2. Mask of Banana, Honey, and Wheat
Wheat grains should be pre-germinated. Take 1 tablespoon of wheat, 1 tablespoon of honey and mash one raw banana to it. Mix well and then apply on the scalp and damaged ends of the hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash.
3. Mask with Banana, Milk, and Lemon:
To 1 banana that is mashed add one teaspoon of lemon. Wet hair with milk and apply the remaining mask to hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash with warm water.
The nutritious components in banana make it an effective home based ingredient to prepare masks for hair, skin, and wrinkles. Banana can also be consumed on a daily basis to ensure the best advantage from its minerals and vitamins components.
- Best Homemade Egg White Masks for Blackheads
- Homemade Sea Buckthorn Face Mask Recipes
- 7 Best Homemade Persimmon Face Mask Recipes
- 4 Best Homemade Exfoliating Face Mask Recipes