Most of the facts about diet are repeated more than 100 hundreds which results in convincing a person about it. It is hard to believe that diet facts which you were all believed till now were actually misinterpreted. Now you may think, does eating more of bread lead to obesity? Can you eat after 8 pm? Are drinks good for your health? There are innumerable question that arises after you think about diet. So, here are some popular diet myths which you should stop believing.
Table of Contents
- 1. You Should Not Eat Anything After 8 pm
- 2. You Should Eat Only When You areReally Hungry
- 3. You Need to Spend More To Get Healthy Food
- 4. While Dieting You Should Not Anything
- 5. When You Eat Pasta’s, You Will Grow Fat
- 6. Coffee Can Actually Make You Lose Weight
- 7. Fasting Can Make You Lose Weight
- 8. If Your Metabolism Rate is Slow You Can Lose Some Weight
- 9. Full Fat Milk Contains More Protein that Low Fat Milk
- 10. It is Said That Low Fat Food Can Help You Lose Weight
- 11. Fats Helps to Keep Your Stomach Filled
- 12. Cholesterol is Actually Bad For You
1. You Should Not Eat Anything After 8 pm
While most of people are convinced with the idea that you should not eat anything after 8 am, but the fact says you can actually eat food even after that. People who believe this myth of dieting also believe that eating after 8 pm may lead to burping and other digestion problems. It is important to eat healthy food because calories and food does not say time!
2. You Should Eat Only When You areReally Hungry
Various expert and researches have said that you should eat healthy foods in between intervals and also in short intervals. It is important to eat more of healthy food and surely should avoid eating in between unhealthy snacks. If you think you are shedding down weight by just eating when you are hungry then you are wrong! This habit can actually lead to obesity.
3. You Need to Spend More To Get Healthy Food
Most of the people believe that you should spend more money to get healthy food, which means healthy foods are actually expensive. You have much cheap and healthy food around us and also taste good. Did you know just a bowl of popcorn can give you enough amounts of carbs and proteins needed by a body? Yes, there are many whole foods which will cost you less than what you thought.
4. While Dieting You Should Not Anything
No, this is absolute wrong! No dieting suggests that you should starve or avoid various foods. Yes, you should have control over foods that are rich in fats and carbs but there is no rule that you should stay empty stomach. Keep munching in equal intervals and healthy food that will keep your stomach filled.
5. When You Eat Pasta’s, You Will Grow Fat
Most of the theory says, pasta contain enough amount of carbohydrate which in return gives extra fats and calories to the body resulting in collecting enough fats in the body. Now, you grow fat and obese! The fact says, enough of carbohydrate doesn’t make you fat but more than calories can add small amount of fat to the body. While means, you can eat pasta but control the amount.
6. Coffee Can Actually Make You Lose Weight
Most of the people think one of the major benefit of being a coffee addict is you are about to lose weight! This is absolutely wrong, coffee helps to control your diet for few days but then you are not losing any weight. But drinking coffee will lead to sleepiness and also leads to anxiety.
7. Fasting Can Make You Lose Weight
Fasting can make you lose weight is actually true for few days, but then this is only applicable for few days and not more than that. You should eat enough food so that your body gets enough of calories that are required on daily basis. Generally it is recommended that you should undergo exercise so that you lose weight and also helps to maintain metabolism rate.
8. If Your Metabolism Rate is Slow You Can Lose Some Weight
Most common belief is if your metabolism rate is slow you can lose some weight. The more the calories in food the more and faster is your metabolism rate and hence it is recommended you should eat food more.
9. Full Fat Milk Contains More Protein that Low Fat Milk
According to various researches, you should drink semi skimmed drink as it has more calcium that is required by a person who is on dieting. And therefore, it is recommended for people on dieting to drink semi skimmed milk so that the calcium found in the milk helps to keep their stomach filled for long time. About the full fat milk, it is generally not recommended for young and grownups! You should drink full fat milk only if you are underweight and should be served to children.
10. It is Said That Low Fat Food Can Help You Lose Weight
The fact is low fat food does not actually contain low fat or low calories; it is just the name that makes you convinced about the idea. It is suggested that low fat food should never have fats more than 30 g and hence you a check the quantity content in cakes, biscuits, cookies and other things! They are generally more than the average quantity because there are artificial sugars used to enhance the taste of your diet.
11. Fats Helps to Keep Your Stomach Filled
For many years it is believed that fats are hard to be break down by the body and hence they are the best thing that helps to keep your stomach filled for long time. But the fact says it is protein that helps to keep your stomach filled and definitely not fats. If you want to keep your stomach filled for longer it is generally recommended to eat veggies and other fruits with lots of fibre and protein.
12. Cholesterol is Actually Bad For You
Cholesterol is actually not bad for you! Yes, high amount of cholesterol leads to heart attack or even leads to heart blockage. But it is actually good to have cholesterol in the body that helps to build cells and also helps to trigger vital hormones in the body. Bad cholesterolis actually those fats that help to deliver cholesterol to the arteries!
- 29 Proven Ways to lose Belly Fat – Tips for a Flatter Stomach]
- 1200 Calorie Diet: Healthy Diet Plan for Quick Weight Loss
- Amazing 8 Fad Diets That Actually Work