Honey is a miracle product and has been used since centuries as a medicinal value product. It is known to have antibacterial and antifungal properties which makes it a favourite product of all. There are ample nutritional benefits that honey provides to the body. It is better to use raw and pure honey to reap more benefits. The following are the
Health Benefits of Honey:
- It is used to treat cold and cough as it possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- If you are suffering from seasonal allergies, try out honey consumption on regular basis.
- Adding honey to your juice can instantly provide you with more energy. It provides you with 17 grams of carbohydrates per spoon. Thus, an instant rise is energy level is quite obvious.
- It has a sweet taste and is a better substitute for artificial sweeteners. One can substitute white sugar with honey and see the change.
- If you are planning to lose weight, take lemon and honey juice early in the mornings. This juice will cleanse and detoxify your body.
- Honey is loaded with antioxidants which strengthens your brain cells. Thus, an improvement in memory is possible.
- If you are insomniac and have trouble in sleeping, honey can be your sleep partner. It is said to release the happiness hormones called serotonin in the body, which in turn releases melatonin. This melatonin is responsible for a good sleep. Thus, 1 teaspoon of honey on regular basis can regulate your sleep and wake-up cycles.
- If you have scalp infection and inflammation, try out honey and water solution. Take 5 teaspoons of pure honey and add it to a mug of warm water. Apply on your tresses and scalp. Cover it with shower cap and leave for 2 hours. Wash it with normal water. Shampoo and condition it. Follow this application thrice a week for faster results.
- Honey also has antibiotic properties which makes it eligible for medicinal purpose. If you have any wounds or cuts, do apply honey to it.
- Honey is must for people who practice yoga as honey is said to balance the blood chemistry in the body.
- Honey is said to stimulate antibodies in the body.
- If you are a victim of mucus and asthma, honey can be the ultimate solution for it. Take 1 teaspoon of warm honey every day.
- If you are suffering from constipation and bloating, honey can cure it. Honey has bifidobacteria and lactobacilli which helps in digestion.
- If you are suffering from anxiety and stress, honey is a natural remedy for it. It calms your body cells.
- If you are in bad mood and are looking for instant mood lifter, one spoon of honey can work wonders. Honey releases Serotonin which are the happy hormones in human body.
- Honey is said to be used during chemotherapy treatment. It is said to increase the count of white blood cells in the body. These white blood cells fights with bacteria and germs to prevent infection and diseases.
- If you are anemic and have iron deficiency, honey can be a remedy for it. It has a huge impact on the Red Blood Cells which supplies the oxygen to the blood.
- If you dry and dull skin, try out honey face pack as it serves as a natural moisturiser.
- Honey is antiseptic in nature, thus can heal ulcers.
- Honey is said to possess small quantities of vitamins and minerals, thus helps body to carry out basic functions.
These are some of the best benefits of honey. Honey doesn’t have any side-effects and can be consumed by all age groups. Diabetic patients can consult their doctors.
- 10 Benefits of Edamame for Skin, Health and Hair
- 16 Amazing Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- 10 Health Benefits of Chlorophyll
- 9 Health Benefits of Kefir and Facts