Peanuts, groundnuts, mungfali – whatever you like to call them, you cannot deny the fact that we all love to munch on them. Boiled or roasted, with or without spices, it makes for a great snack. I know you guys already have a fondness for peanuts, but today am going to make you fall in love with them even more!!! Let us read to know them in detail health benefits of peanuts.
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Peanuts (Mungfali):
- 1. Memory Booster:
- 2. Detoxification:
- 3. Weight Management:
- 4. Protection Against Gallstones:
- 5. Maintains Blood Sugar:
- 6. Prevents The Risk of Stroke:
- 7. Colon Cancer:
- 8. Combats Depression:
- 9. Proper Growth:
- 10. Stomach Cancer:
- 11. Cholesterol:
- 12. Nutrients:
- 13. Stimulate Anti-Aging:
- 14. Long Lustrous Hair:
- 15. Face Mask:
- 16. Wounds And Bruises:
- 17. Fertility:
- 18. Healthy Heart:
- 19. Anti-Inflammatory:
- 20. Vitamins:
Health Benefits of Peanuts (Mungfali):
How? By telling you about some of the marvelous benefits of this nut. Though a lot of people are of the opinion that eating peanuts will increase the calories, however everything done in moderation ends up being good for your body. Same is the case with peanuts. So let’s take a look at 20 benefits of peanuts.
1. Memory Booster:
- Want to give your memory power a gentle boost? Have some peanuts! They contain niacin which helps in this process.
- They also consist of Resveratrol which is a flavonoid that stimulates the flow of blood towards the brain.
- Detoxification is an all important procedure which should betaken care of if we want to keep our body healthy.
- With loads of fiber in them, peanuts are great at flushing out all the toxic waste from the body, thereby preventing breakouts and secretion of excess oil.
3. Weight Management:
- The fiber content in peanuts ensure that you stay fuller for a longer time.
- So its a good idea to have handful of them before your meal time. They also aid in stimulating the metabolic rate.
[ Read: Health Benefits of Pine Nuts ]
4. Protection Against Gallstones:
- You can prevent the risk of gallbladder diseases and gall stones formation by consuming handful of peanuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter every week.
5. Maintains Blood Sugar:
- To maintain the levels of blood sugar in our body we need magnesium which is found abundantly in peanuts.
- The magnesium is also helpful in absorption of calcium as well as metabolism of carbohydrate and fat.
6. Prevents The Risk of Stroke:
- As mentioned earlier, peanuts consist of the flavanoid Resveratrol which plays a vital role in the reducing the risk of stroke.
- This is possible because it stimulates the nitric oxide production.
7. Colon Cancer:
- One of the most important benefits of peanuts especially for women is that it decrease the risk of colon cancer.
- All you need to do is consume 2 tablespoons of peanut butter at least twice in a week.
8. Combats Depression:
- One of the causes of depression is the low levels of Serotonin.
- Peanuts can help in increasing the levels and fight against depression through one of its compound called Tryptophan.
- So make sure you include them in your regular diet.
9. Proper Growth:
- Our body needs proteins for its proper growth and development.
- Proteins consist of amino acids which are responsible for ensuring the growth of our body.
- Peanuts have a high content of proteins which makes it the perfect food item for this purpose.
[ Read: Health Benefits and Uses Of Cashew Nuts ]
10. Stomach Cancer:
- The risk of stomach cancer can be reduced by decreasing carcinogenic nitrous-amines production.
- This can be done with the help of peanuts since they are rich in Poly-phenolic anti-oxidants.
- Boost up the levels of good cholesterol and lower the levels of bad cholesterol in your body by consuming peanuts.
- Peanuts consist of phytosterols which have proved to reduce the bad cholesterol and the healthy fat content is what increases the good cholesterol.
- Our favorite small round peanuts are loaded with various nutrients which are all essential for the well-being of our body.
- Some of the nutrients present in peanuts are zinc, copper, iron, selenium, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, etc.
13. Stimulate Anti-Aging:
- Another benefit of Resverstrol is that it can protect your skin from aging by improving the sugar uptake from blood and proliferation of fat cells.
- This phytochemical is found in the seed and skin.
14. Long Lustrous Hair:
- The root cause of weak and brittle hair is the lack of sufficient vitamin E.
- Eating peanuts which has a rich content of vitamin E will ensure that your hair follicles are strong and there is a visible reduction in loss of hair.
15. Face Mask:
Did you ever think that except for eating, peanut butter would have any other use? Well, you can use it as a face pack too! Just wash your face with a cleanser first, apply the peanut butter all over your face and rinse it off with warm water once it is completely dry.
But, before you apply it on your face, it would be a good idea to do a test patch and also people should definitely not use it if they are allergic to peanuts.
16. Wounds And Bruises:
- You can use peanuts as a natural remedy to quickly heal your bruises and wounds.
- The antioxidant beta-carotene gets converted into vitamin A which in turn is responsible for repairing and growing the tissues in the body.
[ Read: Health Benefits of Brazil Nuts ]
- The risk of neural tube defects can be greatly reduced with the help of peanuts since it contains folic acid.
- Make sure that you have peanuts before and during the early pregnancy period.
18. Healthy Heart:
- A healthy heart is a happy heart, right! Here is a good way to keep your heart healthy and happy.
- Just include peanuts in your daily diet because they contain monounsaturated fats and Oleic acid which is an antioxidant.
- Both of these play a vital role in keeping your heart safe from various heart-related diseases.
- Inflammation of your skin can lead to skin disorders like eczema or psoriasis and also increase the risk of skin cancer.
- You can keep all of these problems at bay by eating peanuts because it contains Omega 3 fatty acids which will not only reduce the inflammation but will also hydrate and moisturize your skin from within.
- Just like how peanuts are loaded with nutrients, they are also a treasure trove of vitamins. All these vitamins – vitamin B-6 and B-9, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, Pantothenic acid, B complex, etc., keeps our body in top shape.
- Making peanuts a integral part of your diet can ensure that you meet the daily required levels of each of these vitamins and nutrients.
Didn’t I tell you that you would fall in love with peanuts again after going through all the superb benefits? Now that you are aware of its top benefits, the next time someone stops you from eating peanuts saying they are high calorie items, you can just ignore them and go right ahead with your peanut snack.
Well, you could also enlighten them about all of these benefits so that they could join you too on your healthy peanut snack break!
- 13 Best Foods That Helps To Boost Your Metabolism
- 50 Amazing Benefits of Papaya for Health and Beauty