Your face glows differently when you tan it. The typical brownish tinge on the face after tanning makes it look alluring. However, tanning the face is a complex process that cannot be achieved until you don’t know the right steps.
Here is a complete step-by-step guide if you want to know how to self-tan your face. It will help you attain a flawless, bronzed complexion that instantly makes you the center of attraction. Also, we will provide some of the best face tanners that will change the way you look.
How to Self Tan Your Face Perfectly?
To tan your face like a pro, you need to decide what type of tanner will suit your skin. Considering the skin type to get the desired depth of tan ensures the best results. So, before tanning, choose the best tanner.
Choose The Right Tanner
- Oily and Acne-Prone Skin: If you have oily and acne-prone skin, the best way to get a tanned face is by applying a St. Tropez face mist. It is made with non-pore blocking ingredients and has a tropically scented formula that helps get bronze glow in 4 to 6 hours without causing breakouts.
- Normal to Dry Skin: For such skin, St. Tropez face serum helps in getting the golden glow within 3 to 6 hours. The serum comprises hydrating hyaluronic acid and skin-brightening Vitamin C that work best for normal and dry complexions. The skin will feel light and well-moisturized too.
Try St. Tropez face tans if you are unsure about your skin type and want to get a gradual tan instead of a sudden one. It comprises Classic Face Cream, infused with Vitamin E that keeps the skin hydrated as it tans. Likewise, Tinted Face Moisturizer helps attain a deep tan while adding an instant touch of color to the skin.
[ Read: How To Use Coconut Oil For Tanning ]
Prepare The Skin
It is important to prepare the face 24 hours in advance to tan it. Use a gentle and oil-free face scrub and scrub off the dead cells from the face. It will help smoothen the dry and rough patches on the skin. Concentrate more on dry and sensitive areas of the face like around the nose, chin, and cheeks.
Once scrubbed properly, cleanse the face and apply an oil-free moisturizer. It will lock the hydration, especially at the nose, chin, and neck.
Note: Tanner doesn’t work well if the skin is oily. So try to avoid applying any oil-based skincare product at least 24 hours before tanning.
[ Read: Best Self Tanners for Legs ]
Apply The Tanner
When applied in the right way and at the right time, the results are astounding.
When to Apply The Tanner?
It is advised to apply the tanner in the evening to work overnight and give you a gorgeous golden look in the morning. You can consider it as a part of your evening skincare routine.
How to Apply The Tanner?
Once you have prepared the skin by exfoliating, cleansing, and moisturizing with oil-free skin care products, you are ready to apply the tanner. The ways to apply different types of a tanner to different types of skin are-
- St. Tropez Face Mist: Shake the bottle and spray it 3 to 5 times while moving the bottle clockwise around the face. It will ensure that the tanner gets applied to your face evenly. Do not rinse the face. Within 4 to 8 hours, you will start seeing the difference.
- St. Tropez Face Serum: Take some face serum on your hands and rub it on the palms. Now apply it evenly over the face and neck to get a uniform look. Do not wash the face and let the tanner works. The results will be visible after 4 to 8 hours.
- Gradual St. Tropez Face Tan: If you want the tanning to come gradually, take this product and apply it just like a moisturizer across the face and neck in an upward circular motion, preferably in the evening. Do not forget to blend it over the ears and into the hairline. Repeating it for many days will give desired depth of tan.
Get Customized Look
If you don’t think you have achieved the desired bronze or golden tan, re-apply the Gradual St. Tropez Face Tan every evening. Repeat until you are not happy with your tan. Make sure you apply moisturizer every morning to avoid fading of tan.
Now that you know how to self-tan your face like a pro and what products are used for oily, acne-prone, dry and normal skin, you are ready to become the center of attraction. Flaunt your tanned skin and get all the praises.
You Might Also Like:
- Does Coconut Oil Help You Tan
- Does Self Tanner Expire
- Can You Tan In The Winter?
- How to Tan with Fair Skin and Freckles?
- Coconut Oil for Skin Whitening (Lightening): Does it Work?
- 5 Effective Homemade Face Packs for tan Removal
- How to Shrink Skin Pores Naturally at Home?
- How Do Celebrities Lighten Their Skin Permanently?
- Baby oil for Tanning – Uses, Pros and Cons
- How to Use Carrot Oil for Tanning
- How to Use Olive oil for Tanning