Whiplash or neck pains occur when you suddenly move your neck forward and backward with forced movements. Due to the forced movements, incorrect sleeping posture the nerves in your neck cannot balance properly and get cracked causing severe uncontrollable pain. Whiplash also occurs due to sport injurious. Neck strain distresses professional people when they work long time sitting in one position on chairs and work on computers for long hours.
Symptoms of Whiplash:
- Neck strain or pain
- Hazy vision
- Continued Exhaustion
Some Other Side Symptoms of Whiplash:
- Troubles with concentration
- Inattentive Memory
- Not Able To Sleep
- Ringing In Ears
- Chronic Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Headaches and more.
How Can Whiplash Be Treated?
There are a number of painkillers, massages and physiotherapy options to treat whiplash. All of them come with an expense or have side-effects. Home remedies are available to treat whiplash like you can use ice, put a warm cloth on that infected area, and more remedies. But most of the times you don’t get proper relief from whiplash that can be diagnosed by right clinical treatment.
How to Treat Whiplash:
1. Put Ice on Your Neck: To reduce the pain you need to put ice on your neck for 20-30 minutes three times daily that will help relieve your neck. Drape ice in a dry towel or a piece of cloth that will instantly give relief.
2. Consume Painkiller: Painkiller is good to reduce neck pains instantly. But remember using painkillers frequently is not recommended. Different types of painkillers are available in the market but to comfort your whiplash permanently without any side effects you need to take a right suggestion from health experts.
3. Neck Brace or Collar: Neck Brace or Collar helps to support your neck avoiding any pain caused due to movement of the neck. However, it is not recommended to use neck brace for a long time because the neck muscle gets feeble or weak.
4. Apply Heat Packs: If you have whiplash the best way to treat this by applying soggy heat to your neck muscle. You can wet a towel with hot water and squeeze out excess water from it before applying this to your neck.
5. Massage Service: Massages with some essential oils can also help treat whiplash.
6. Physiotherapy: You can go for physiotherapy which is one of the best whiplash treatment options that helps to reduce your neck pain easily and immediately.
7. Exercise: There is a special exercise for whiplash or neck pain that is suggested by yoga experts. Some of the breathing asanas of yoga offer improving blood circulation to the neck improving the severity of pain caused.
8. Acupuncture: Another alternative treatment is acupuncture that lessens your neck pain immediately and you can also use electronic nerve stimulation process that reduces your neck pain in few hours.
Whiplash sometimes attacks you very severely leading to intense pain in the neck and this leads to disturbance in your everyday work life. It is necessary to not ignore any neck pain to avoid such problems in the future.