Unfortunately, watermelon is a fruit that is available only for few months in a year . If you use them for appearance and make every effort to ensure that your skin is constantly shining with beauty and health, you might not miss the chance to use this juicy and sweet fruit for making domestic cosmetics.
Masks from watermelon are easy to prepare but have a number of useful properties. Let us examine them in detail.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Watermelon Face Mask:
Remember how much fun it is when you eat it? So, exactly the same feeling your skin feels when you put on it as a mask. It finally becomes a big dose of moisture after prolonged exposure to UV during summer and exposure to sunlight when it leads to thinning of the skin and over drying.
Due to the large amount of water (almost 90% water), each cell is saturated with moisture and potassium which also contributes to retention. That is why the face mask of watermelon is very good for dry skin type.In addition, watermelon contains elements such as vitamin A and folic acid which have a therapeutic effect on the skin and protects from damage and destruction of cells. It also has vitamin C for anti-aging effect.
The watermelon also contains other elements that have charitable impact to every skin cell. To list them would take a long time, so we would discuss this later. But for now we can prepare homemade mask that would:
- Perfectly moisturize the skin.
- Protect the skin against damage.
- Improve turgor.
- Increase firmness and elasticity.
- Remove pigmentation.
- Treat acne and other skin rashes
But watermelon mask will be truly effective, by following these procedure at least 2 times a week.Here follow some rules:
- To make a mask use only fresh ingredients.
- Apply the product on cleansed and steamed skin.
- Keep the mask for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water or milk.
How to Prepare Watermelon Mask ?
Classical watermelon mask which simultaneously nourishes, moisturizes and rejuvenates does not require much time for its preparation. You just need to take the pulp of ripe watermelon and apply it on the skin.After half an hour, rinse off with warm water. If you want to get more content from this procedure take a break from this hustle then you can take water-melon pulp, squeeze the juice and moisten it in a gauze cloth. The fabric should be put on the face for 20 – 25 minutes which will completely relax facial muscles after which rinsing of face is not necessary.
If you have pigmentation formed on the face which you want to get rid of, you need a cucumber and watermelon mask, for its preparation take the flesh of watermelon and cucumber in equal quantities, mix and spread over the skin. You need 20 minutes for full effect of this mask.
- You can mix the pulp of watermelon with egg yolk. This mask might do a great help to get rid of peeling on the face.
- If you combine watermelon pulp with pulp of banana (proportions of 1: 1), it can be easy to get a tool that will help to eliminate inflammation of the skin that causes acne and dark spots.
- If you feel that your skin needs extra proteins, then you must treat your face with the mask. For its preparation you would need to pre-cook the porridge (preferably milk) then take 2 tablespoons of it and mix with raw egg yolk, along with one teaspoon of honey and the same amount of olive oil. When the mixture smoothens, add the pulp of the watermelon without seeds (2 tablespoons). This mask has a powerful nourishing action, softens and moisturizes the skin.
So, all in all if you’re looking for a quick and natural fix for the facial problems then watermelon masks and treatment will be of great help. You can apply them and also eat them to get the benefits from the fruit. Always ensure to buy fresh ones which are grown in natural environment.