Blythe Danner is an American actress, born on 3rd February 1943 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her mother, Katherine, was a housewife, and her father, Harry Danner, was a bank executive. She has a younger brother who works as an operatic tenor. Coming from Pennsylvania Dutch, English, German, and Irish ancestry, Blythe gained popularity for playing a role in ‘Huff’ as Izzy Huffstodt and in ‘Butterflies are Free’ as Mrs. Baker.
Apart from these, she is also a part of many successful films and television shows. She has bagged many awards and nominations for portraying different roles. With her husky voice and glamorous figure, she became the heartthrob of many. Blythe is known as an active environmentalist. She often campaigns for programs for the protection of the environment. Also, she is involved with the non-profit organization Oral Cancer Foundation. She has launched the Bruce Paltrow Oral Cancer Fund to raise money for research and treatment of life-threatening disease cancer.
Blythe Danner – Height, Weight, Age, Movies & Family – Biography
Blythe Danner Awards and Achievements
- In 2005-06 Blythe was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a comedy series for the TV series ‘Will & Grace.’
- In 2002 and 2005, Blythe was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for the lead actress in the TV series ‘We Were The Mulvaneys.’
- She also earned nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film.
- She also received nominations and a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress for her role as Rebecca Holmes Davitch in the series ‘Back When We Were Grownups.
- Won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role in ‘Huff.’
- Saturn Award for Best Actress for her film Futureworld.’
- Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture for ‘Meet the Parents.’
- Tony Award for the play ‘Butterflies are Free.
Best Known for
- Acting phenomenally on Broadway, television, and films.
- Having some successful films like Little Fockers, The Giant Santini, Meet the Fockers, Meet the Parents, and Mr. And Mrs. Bridge.
- Winning two Emmy awards and a Tony Award.
Blythe Danner Body Measurements
|Height||5 ft 7 in / 170 cm|
|Weight||126 lb / 57 kg|
|Breast Size||32 in / 81 cm|
|Bra Size||32 C (US)|
|Cup Size||C (US)|
|Body Measurements||32-23-32 in | 81-58-81 cm|
|Chest Size||32 in / 81 cm|
|Waist Size||23 in / 58 cm|
|Hips Size||32 in / 81 cm|
|Shoe Size||9 US | 39.5 EU|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Natural Breasts or Implants||Natural|
Interesting Facts about Blythe Danner
- Blythe Danner is nominated thrice in the same year for Emmy Awards under different categories.
- Blythe endorses Prolia, a cure injection for osteoporosis.
- After the death of her husband, Blythe got involved with Oral Cancer Foundation and actively participated in spreading awareness about the same.
- Blythe’s two brothers Harry Danner is an opera singer & William is a violin expert.
- Her sister, Dorothy Danner, is an opera director and choreographer.
Blythe Danner Pre-relationships
Blythe Danner dated and got married to Bruce Paltrow, who was a writer, producer, and film director.
Family and Personal Life of Blythe Danner
In 1969, Blythe Danner got married to film producer, writer, and film director Bruce Paltrow. The couple was blessed with two children, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jake Paltrow, in 1972 and 1975, respectively. Today, Jake is a director, and Gwyneth is a renowned actress.
Blythe’s husband died in 2002 due to oral cancer. During his last days, he was also suffering from pneumonia. She herself is a patient of osteoporosis.
Blythe Danner Alligood Personal Info
|Full Name||Blythe Katherine Danner|
|Date of Birth||3 February 1943 (age 79 years)|
|Birthplace||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Father Name||Harry Earl Danner|
|Mother Name||Katharine née Kile|
|Sibling Names||Harry Danner (Brother), Dorothy “Dottie” Danner (Sister)|
|Spouse||Bruce Paltrow (m. 1969–2002)|
|Children||Gwyneth Paltrow, Jake Paltrow|
What is Blythe Danner’s net worth?
The estimated net worth of Blythe Danner is $40 million.
What are her sources of income?
Blythe Danner has worked in some of the biggest and award winning films and television shows that helped her accumulate a large fortune.
How much is Blythe Danner educated?
Blythe attended Quaker High School, which is now named George School, based in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She also went to Bard College in New York to study drama. Blythe also holds an honorary doctorate from the Hobart/ William Smith College.
Does Blythe Danner smoke?
Blythe is against smoking and has never smoked. Since the time her husband died of oral cancer, she opinionated strongly against smoking.
Does Blythe Danner own any brand?
To spread awareness about osteoporosis, Blythe launched Act2ReduceFractures.com. The website is sponsored by Amgen, The Global Healthy Living Foundation, American Bone Health, and Older Women’s League.
Apart from this, she is also an active member of the Oral Cancer Foundation, wherein she spreads awareness about oral cancer through the ‘Bruce Paltrow Oral Cancer Fund.’
Does Blythe Danner have undergone any surgery?
It is predicted that Blythe had undergone a facelift, neck lift, and blepharoplasty. She also had Botox and facial fillers to improve her facial appearance.
Blythe Danner Movies List
- 1972 – To Kill a Clown, 1776
- 1974 – Lovin’ Molly
- 1975 – Hearts of the West
- 1976 – Futureworld
- 1979 – The Great Santini
- 1983 – Inside the Third Reich, Man, Woman and Child
- 1985 – Guilty Conscience
- 1986 – Brighton Beach Memoirs
- 1988 – Another Woman
- 1990 – Mr. and Mrs. Bridge, Alice
- 1991 – The Prince of Tides
- 1992 – Husbands and Wives
- 1995 – Napoleon, Homage, To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything!
- 1997 – The Myth of Fingerprints, Mad City
- 1998 – The Proposition, No Looking Back, The X-Files
- 1999 – Forces of Nature, The Love Letter, Things I Forgot to Remember
- 2000 – Meet the Parents
- 2001 – The Invisible Circus
- 2003 – Three Days of Rain, Sylvia
- 2004 – Howl’s Moving Castle, Meet the Fockers
- 2006 – Stolen, The Last Kiss
- 2008 – The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
- 2009 – Waiting for Forever, The Lightkeepers
- 2010 – Little Fockers
- 2011 – Paul, What’s Your Number?, Detachment
- 2012 – The Lucky One, Hello I Must Be Going
- 2014 – Murder of a Cat
- 2015 – I’ll See You in My Dreams, Tumbledown
- 2018 – What They Had, Hearts Beat Loud, The Chaperone
- 2019 – The Tomorrow Man, Strange but True
Blythe Danner TV Shows
- 1970 – George M!
- 1971 – Dr. Cook’s Garden
- 1972 – Columbo
- 1973 – Adam’s Rib
- 1974 – F. Scott Fitzgerald and ‘The Last of the Belles’, Sidekicks
- 1975 – Great Performances
- 1976 – M*A*S*H, A Love Affair: The Eleanor and Lou Gehrig Story, Great Performances
- 1977 – The Court-Martial of George Armstrong Custer
- 1978 – Are You in the House Alone?
- 1979 – Too Far to Go, You Can’t Take It with You
- 1982 – Inside the Third Reich
- 1983 – In Defense of Kids
- 1984 – Guilty Conscience, Helen Keller: The Miracle Continues
- 1988,89 – Tattingers
- 1989 – Money, Power, Murder
- 1990 – Judgment
- 1992 – Getting Up and Going Home, Cruel Doubt, Tales from the Crypt, Lincoln
- 1993 – Tracey Ullman Takes on New York, Great Performances
- 1994 – Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All, Leave of Absence
- 1997 – Thomas Jefferson, A Call to Remember
- 1998 – From the Earth to the Moon, Saint Maybe, Murder She Purred: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery
- 2001,06,18,20 – Will & Grace
- 2002 – We Were the Mulvaneys, Presidio Med
- 2003 – Two and a Half Men
- 2004 – Back When We Were Grownups
- 2004,06 – Huff
- 2009 – Medium, Nurse Jackie
- 2011,12 – Up All Night
- 2015 – The Slap
- 2016 – Madoff, Odd Mom Out
- 2017 – Gypsy
- 2018 – Patrick Melrose
- 2021 – American Gods, Ridley Jones