Charlotte Riley was born on 29th December 1981 in Grindon, County Durham, England. She was born to Michael Riley, an engineer, and Margaret Riley, a nurse and bereavement counselor, as the third child. Her two younger siblings are Simon Riley and Joanne Riley.
Being born into an upper-class family, Charlotte has lived her life to the fullest. She had a pleasant childhood spent in the Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham. After doing some remarkable roles in the industry, Charlotte gained the name and fame. She has performed spectacularly in films like ‘Wuthering Heights’ and ‘Edge of Tomorrow,’ which has helped her bag many awards and accolades.
Today, Charlotte is married to Tom Hardy, one of the most popular Hollywood actors, and has two children. She lives a modest and respectable life with her family.
Charlotte Riley – Height, Weight, Age, Movies & Family – Biography
- Charlotte was very clear about her passion for acting and that she wanted to pursue it as a profession in the future. After completing high school, Charlotte enrolled at LAMDA to take professional training in acting. Starting the training at a tender age helped Charlotte grab great roles at an early age.
- During her days in college, Charlotte played roles in different shows, stage plays, and musicals with Durham Revue. Soon, she became a prominent member of the Durham Revue. Charlotte wrote many scripts for musicals and played with her friend, Tiffany Wood.
- Before starting her career in acting, Charlotte has spent days teaching drama to young adults and children with disabilities. She gained a good experience in acting while teaching the same that she finally decided to make an appearance on the bigger screen. She attended the London Academy of Musical and Dramatic Art to hone her skills before making it a big.
Charlotte Riley Body Measurements
|Height||5 ft 5 in / 165 cm|
|Weight||117 lb / 53 kg|
|Breast Size||34 in / 87 cm|
|Bra Size||38 B (US) / 85 B (EU)|
|Cup Size||B (US)|
|Body Measurements||34-23-34 in or 87-59-87 cm|
|Chest Size||34 in / 87 cm|
|Waist Size||23 in / 59 cm|
|Hips Size||34 in / 87 cm|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Dress Size||2 (US) or 32 (EU)|
|Eyes Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Natural Breasts or Implants||Natural|
Awards and Achievements
- In 2004, Charlotte shared an award with her friend Tiffany Wood at Sunday Times National Student Drama Festival for composing the play ‘Shaking Cecilia.’
- In 2013, she won a prestigious award for ‘Entity’ under the category of the best low-budget film at the London Independent Film Festival.
- Nominated for Saturn Award for the Best Actress on Television for the miniseries, ‘World Without End.’
Best Known for
- Wuthering Heights, 2009, where Charlotte played the role of Catherine Earnshaw.
- World Without End aired in September 2012. It was an eight-part series set in medieval England.
- Easy Virtue is an adaptation of a silent movie that remained average at the box office, but the role of Charlotte as Sara Hurst helped her gain huge recognition.
- Charlotte’s debut was a British sitcom, Grownups, which came in 2007. In this show, she played the character of Chloe. Some other recognized works of Charlotte include ‘Holby City,’ ‘Inspector George Gently’ and a short film, ‘Survey No. 257.’
- The real breakthrough in the career of Charlotte came with the movie Wuthering Heights that not only helped her gain worldwide recognition but also the man of her dreams, Tom Hardy, who was a co-actor in the movie.
- Some television shows in which Charlotte has played the role are ‘The Take, a British drama, ‘And Spanish Flu: The Forgotten Fallen.’ She also worked in miniseries like ‘World Without End,’ which was a milestone in her career.
Charlotte Riley Pre-relationships
- Charlotte dated Tom Hardy, who was her co-star in the film Wuthering Heights. After dating for a few years, the couple tied the knot in 2014. Today, they are blessed with two children, born in October 2015 and December 2018.
Family and Personal Life of Charlotte Riley
- Charlotte lives with her husband, Tom Hardy, and two beautiful children.
Charlotte Riley Personal Info
|Full Name||Charlotte Riley|
|Date of Birth||29 December 1981 (age 40 years)|
|Birthplace||Grindon, Stockton-on-Tees, England|
|Father Name||Michael Riley|
|Mother Name||Margaret Riley|
|Sibling Names||Simon Riley|
|Spouse||Tom Hardy (m. 2014)|
Interesting Facts about Charlotte Riley
- Charlotte announces opening her new venture, ‘Wonder Works Nursery.’
- A throwback picture of Tom and Charlotte at the European premiere of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in Leicester Square, London on 18th July 2012
- Charlotte became an honorary graduate at Durham University, her alma mater.
- Charlotte received The PGGB Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award.
- Charlotte shares her ‘Wonder Works Nursery’ in the UK.
- A throwback picture of Charlotte attending the Family Support Fund and Raising Films Summit.
- Charlotte made a presence at the Opening Of An On-site Childcare Facility At Warner Bros. Studios.
Charlotte Riley Movies List
- 2007 – Grownups
- 2007 – Holby City
- 2008 – Survey No. 257
- 2008 – Inspector George Gently
- 2008 – Easy Virtue
- 2009 – Wuthering Heights
- 2009 – The Take
- 2009 – Spanish Flu: The Forgotten Fallen
- 2009 – Marple: The Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side
- 2010 – Foyle’s War2010,2011 – DCI Banks
- 2012 – The Town
- 2012 – World Without End
- 2012 – Entity
- 2014 – Edge of Tomorrow
- 2014, 2017 – Peaky Blinders
- 2015 – In the Heart of the Sea
- 2015 – Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- 2016 – London Has Fallen
- 2016 – Close to the Enemy
- 2016 – Dark Heart
- 2017 – King Charles III
- 2018 – Swimming with Men
- 2018 – Press
- 2018 – Trust
- 2019 – A Christmas Carol
What is Charlotte Riley’s Net Worth?
The estimated net worth of Charlotte Riley is $8 million.
What are her Sources of Income?
Even though Charlotte is not very active in the industry now, she has ventured into several businesses that now help her accumulate a large fortune. Also, there are many endorsement deals that help her increase her income.
How Much is Charlotte Riley Educated?
Charlotte attended Teesside High School and took professional training in acting from LAMDA. She graduated from the prestigious Durham University at St Cuthbert in 2003 with a major in Linguistics and English.
Does Charlotte Riley have Tattoos?
Charlotte Riley does not have any tattoos, but her husband has inked her name on his back.
Assets of Charlotte Riley (House and Cars)?
Charlotte and Tom have recently swapped city life and started living in a rural country retreat. They relocated to the countryside in 2018 before the birth of their second child.
Does Charlotte Riley Own any Brand?
Owns a Football Team named Gridon Angels.
Launched her vodka brand, Pure Wonderiley.
Ventured into perfumery and launched a luxury perfume, With Love from Charlotte.
Apparel line, Charlotte Riley Seduction.
Opens’ Wonder Work Nursery’ in the UK, dedicated to providing childcare to parents working in the film industry.
Apart from these, she also writes scripts for short films and stage shows.