Julie Newmar was born as Julia Chalene Newmeyer on 16th August 1933 in Los Angeles, California, United States. She was the eldest for the three children. Her father, Don, was the head of the physical education department at Los Angeles City College. He had also played American football professionally in the 1920s in the National Football League. Julie’s mother, Helen (Jesmer), Newmeyer, came from Swedish-French ancestry. She was a fashion designer and later ventured into real estate. She has two brothers, Peter Bruce Newmeyer and John A. Newmeyer.
Julie shares French American Swedish American ancestry. She is one of the successful American actresses, singers, and dancers who became a businesswoman and real-estate tycoon in the later years. Today, at the age of 89, Julie keeps herself busy by writing short stories, magazine pieces, and a bi-monthly memoir. She is a proud mother of John Jewl Smith.
Julie Newmar – Height, Weight, Age, Movies & Family – Biography
- Julie had a keen interest in dancing and singing. She studied ballet and classical piano from an early age. Later, she gave a performance as a prima ballerina in the ‘Los Angeles Opera.’ Soon after graduation, Julie joined UCLA but quit soon after to join the ‘Universal Studios.’ She was a spectacular dancer and choreographer at Universal Studios.
Julie Newmar Body Measurements
|Height||5 ft 11 in / 180 cm|
|Weight||143 lb / 65 kg|
|Breast Size||37 in / 94 cm|
|Bra Size||42 C (US) / 95 C (EU)|
|Cup Size||C (US)|
|Body Measurements||37-22-37 in or 94-58-94 cm|
|Chest Size||37 in / 94 cm|
|Waist Size||22 in / 58 cm|
|Hips Size||37 in / 94 cm|
|Shoe Size||10.5 US|
|Eyes Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Natural Breasts or Implants||Natural|
Awards and Achievements
- Julie was awarded ‘Tony Award and nominated for ‘Golden Globe’ for her performance in The Marriage-Go-Round.
- Julie Newmar was honored with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by the ‘Gay and Lesbian Elder Housing organization in 2013. She always talks about the rights of the LGBTQ community.
Best Known for
- Some of the best works of Julie Newmar include the following-
- Her role in ‘The Marriage-Go-Round’ as Katrin Sveg helped her get much-desired recognition.
- She has played an iconic role in the ‘Batman TV series as Catwoman. The series was aired on television from 1966 to 1967. This role gave her the image of a pop-culture sex icon.
- In 1968, Julie was featured in the issue of ‘Playboy.’
- When Julie was working at ‘Universal Studios’ she was appreciated for her role in the film ‘Serpent of the Nile, where she got a small role as ‘the glided girl.’ Her role demands dancing completely painted gold didn’t take much time to turn her into a sex symbol. Soon she was stereotyped for such roles.
- Later, she made appearances in films like ‘Seven Brides for Seven Brothers’, Silk Stockings’, ‘Mackenna’s Gold’, Bewitched’, ‘Love, American Style’, ‘CHiPs’, and many others. She also reprised the role as a voice actor in ‘Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders’ (2016) and ‘Batman vs. Two-Face’ (2017).
Julie Newmar Pre-relationships
- Julie Newmar married J. Holt Smith, a lawyer, in August 1977. They remained married until 1984, when J. Holt Smith died. The couple was blessed with a son, John Jewl Smith, in February 1981.
Family and Personal Life of Julie Newmar
- Julie lives with her 41 years old son, who has Down syndrome, at her large mansion in Beverly Hills. Her husband died in 1984.
Julie Newmar Personal Info
|Full Name||Julie Newmar|
|Occupation||Actress, Dancer, Singer|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1933 (age 88 years)|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Father Name||Don Newmeyer|
|Mother Name||Helen Newmeyer|
|Sibling Names||John Newmeyer, Peter Bruce Newmeyer|
|Spouse||J. Holt Smith (m. 1977–1984)|
|Children||John Jewl Smith|
Interesting Facts about Julie Newmar
- A throwback picture of Julie Newmar showing the days when she acted as a Catwoman.
- Julie often posts pictures with her son, John Jewl Smith.
- Julie posted a picture when she was 64. She looks gorgeous in her pictures.
- Julie shares ZIEGFELD FOLLIES – 1956 film, ready for dancing.
- Julie Newmar shares a family picture.
- Julie Newmar suffers from Charcot-Marie-Tooth Syndrome.
- Her son, John Jewl Smith, has Down syndrome.
Controversies of Julie Newmar
- Julie Newmar came into the limelight when her neighbor and actor, James Belushi, sued her for $4 million in damages. He accused her of a “campaign of harassment” to drive him out of his house. The actor filed the lawsuit saying Julie destroyed her fence and landscaping at home.
Julie Newmar Social Media Profiles
Julie Newmar Movies List
- 1952 – She’s Working Her Way Through College
- 1952 – Just for You
- 1953 – The I Don’t Care Girl, Call Me Madam, Serpent of the Nile, The Farmer Takes a Wife, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Band Wagon, Slaves of Babylon, The Eddie Cantor Story
- 1954 – Demetrius and the Gladiators, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Deep in My Heart
- 1959 – Li’l Abner, The Rookie
- 1961 – The Marriage-Go-Round
- 1963 – For Love or Money
- 1969 – Mackenna’s Gold, The Maltese Bippy
- 1970 – Seduction of a Nerd
- 1971 – The Feminist and the Fuzz
- 1972 – A Very Missing Person
- 1974 – Fools, Females and Fun
- 1977 – Terraces
- 1983 – Hysterical
- 1984 – Love Scenes
- 1985 – Streetwalkin’, Evils of the Night
- 1988 – Deep Space, Body Beat
- 1989 – Ghosts Can’t Do It
- 1990 – Nudity Required
- 1994 – Oblivion
- 1995 To – Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
- 1996 – Oblivion 2: Backlash
- 1999 – If… Dog… Rabbit…
- 2003 – Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt
- 2010 – Beautiful Darling
- 2012 – Bettie Page Reveals All, The Mechanical Bride
- 2013 – Broadway: Beyond the Golden Age
- 2016 – Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
- 2017 – Batman vs. Two-Face
Julie Newmar TV Shows
- 1957 – The Phil Silvers Show
- 1959 – Omnibus
- 1960 – Adventures in Paradise
- 1961 – The Defenders
- 1962 – Route 66
- 1963 – The Twilight Zone
- 1963 – The Danny Kaye Show
- 1964 – The Greatest Show on Earth
- 1964,1965 – My Living Doll
- 1965 – Vacation Playhouse
- 1966,1967 – Batman
- 1966 – The Beverly Hillbillies
- 1966 – F Troop
- 1967 – The Monkees
- 1967 – Star Trek: The Original Series
- 1968 – Get Smart
- 1969 – It Takes a Thief
- 1970 – McCloud
- 1970,1972 – Love, American Style
- 1971 – NBC Children’s Theatre
- 1971 – Bewitched
- 1973 – Columbo
- 1975 – The Wide World of Mystery
- 1975 – McMillan & Wife
- 1976 – The Bionic Woman
- 1976 – Monster Squad
- 1978 – Jason of Star Command
- 1979 – The Love Boat
- 1980 – Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
- 1982 – The Powers of Matthew Star
- 1982 – CHiPs
- 1983 – Fantasy Island
- 1983 – Hart to Hart
- 1984 – High School U.S.A.
- 1985 – Half Nelson
- 1995 – Hope & Gloria
- 1996 – Melrose Place
- 1998 – Maggie
- 2006 – According to Jim
- 2010 – Batman: The Brave and the Bold
What is Julie Newmar’s Net Worth?
The estimated net worth of Julie Newmar is $100 million.
What are her Sources of Income?
Julie has worked in multiple films. She was a beautiful dancer and choreographer. Later, she became a businesswoman and designed the U.S patented pantyhose designs and bra designs. The bra was balled, Nudemar, and it was promoted as being nearly invisible. Other than entrepreneurship, Julie is a successful real estate investor. She has some great and valuable holdings in the La Brea and Fairfax areas.
How Much is Julie Newmar Educated?
Julie attended John Marshall High School’ and graduated at the age of 14.
Assets of Julie Newmar (House and Cars)?
Julie has lived in a large mansion with her son for 30 years. It is a 2,000-square-foot bungalow surrounded by a beautiful garden having fruit trees and Australian ferns.
Does Julie Newmar Own any Brand?
She has patented a pantyhose and bra design called Nudemar.