Dr. Gina Sam, aka the “Poop Doctor,” has taken the internet by storm with her 7-second morning routine for digestion. But does this quick fix hold water, or is it just another fad? Let’s dive into the details and see if it’s the magic bullet you’ve been searching for.
What’s the Dr. Gina Sam Morning Routine All About?
It’s super simple! While lying on your back, you do these three moves:
- Engage your core: Imagine zipping your belly button towards your spine.
- Pelvic tilt: Lift your pelvis like tucking your tailbone under you.
- Diaphragmatic breath: Take a deep belly breath in through your nose.
- Exhale and contract: Push the air out forcefully, tightening your tummy muscles and pelvic floor like you’re having a bowel movement.
- Repeat 2-3 times. Dr. Sam says this triggers the “gastrocolic reflex,” helping your colon move things along.
Does it Really Work?
The science isn’t quite settled on this one. While some folks say it eases occasional constipation, there’s not enough research to prove it works for everyone.
- Body Awareness: This routine can help you pay attention to your core and pelvic floor muscles, which is good for your posture and overall health.
- Bowel Movement Boost: For some, it might improve how they use their abdominal muscles during bathroom time, making things easier to go.
- Not a magic pill: It might not work for everyone, especially if you have chronic constipation or other digestive woes.
- Distraction from the bigger picture: Focusing on this quick fix might take away from addressing things like diet, exercise, and stress that can contribute to constipation.
- Science says “hold on“: Long-term effects and potential risks haven’t been studied enough yet.
Dr. Sam’s 7-second routine is a quick trick that might help with occasional constipation, but it’s not a guaranteed solution and shouldn’t replace a well-rounded approach to digestive health. If you’re dealing with persistent issues, talking to your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment is key.
Bonus Tips for Happy Guts
- Fuel up right: Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fiber and fluids.
- Get moving: Regular exercise is your gut’s best friend.
- Chill out: Manage stress effectively to keep your digestion happy.
- Sleep tight: Good sleep habits are essential for overall well-being, including your digestive system.
- Listen to your body: Don’t ignore the urge to go!
Remember, taking care of your digestive system is crucial for your overall health. While quick fixes like Dr. Sam’s routine might offer temporary relief, a holistic approach that addresses the root causes of your digestive woes is the key to long-term happiness and well-being. So, ditch the quick fixes and focus on building a healthy gut from the inside out!