Brooke Shields is an American actress and model who was born on 31st May 1965 in Manhattan, New York, USA. Her father, Francis Alexander Shields, was a businessman, and her mother, Teri Shields, was an actress. Seeing her mother working for the industry sparked the acting bug inside Brooke as well. She has four siblings, Christina Shields, Marina Shields, Olympia Shields, and Thomas Gore Auchincloss Jr.
Brooke Shield’s paternal family comes from noble families in Italy, and her grandmother, Donna Marina Torlonia, was a princess. When Brooke was five months old, her parents parted ways, and Brooke started living with her mother, who raised her alone. When Broke was a child, her mother decided to make Brooke a star of the entertainment industry at any cost.
As Brooke grew up, her mother inspired her to be active in the show business. Brooke started taking dance classes, horse riding classes, and piano lessons from an early age. It didn’t take much time for Brooke to become the heartthrob of the industry. She started working as a model from an early age and became one of the most successful models and actresses of her time. Her performances helped her bag many awards and accolades as well.
Brooke Shields – Height, Weight, Age, Movies & Family – Biography
Brooke Shields Childhood Accomplishments
Brooke started her work as a child actress and model. Her first commercial came when she was only 11 months old. By the age of 12, Brooke became a well-established model and offered to work for the big screen start pouring.
Brooke appeared in the film Pretty Baby when she was 12 years old. In the film, she portrayed the role of a child prostitute, giving her publicity across the world. Apart from working in films, she was signed by some of the best modeling agencies like Ford Modelling Agency.
When Brooke was 14, she became the cover girl of Vogue magazine, followed by doing an ad campaign for ‘Calvin Klein.’ Soon she became a teenage sensation, and big brands started following her. By the age of 16, Brooke was earning approximately $10000 every day.
Brooke Shields Awards and Achievements
- ‘People’s Choice Award’ under the ‘Favourite Young Performer’ category on four consecutive occasions from 1981 to 1997.
Best Known for
Working as a child prostitute, named Violet in film ‘Pretty Baby’ that raised the furore.
Her role in ‘Blue Lagoon, released in 1980, made her star overnight.
Becoming the youngest model to become the cover girl of Vogue magazine.
Apart from these notable works, Brooke also appeared in Endless Love, which helped her win many awards and accolades. With the release of this film, she became a well-established and popular actress in Hollywood.
In television shows, Brooke appeared in The Muppet Show at the age of 15. She was also cast for the series, ‘Suddenly Susan’ that was praised by critics. She made guest appearances in shows like Friends, Two and a Half Men, That 70s Show, Hannah Montana, The Middle, and many more. She was also featured in Who do you think you Are?, an American genealogy documentary series.
Apart from acting and modeling, Brooke is also known for her philanthropic work. She starred in the USPHS PSA sponsored by the American Lung Association. It was done to inspire VIPs and celebrities to advocate non-smoking. Also, she worked as a spokesperson for Tupperware’s Chain of Confidence SMART Girls campaign, which aimed to teach girls to look after and nurture their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Brooke Shields Body Measurements
|Height||6 ft 0 in / 183 cm|
|Weight||134 lb / 61 kg|
|Breast Size||36 in / 92 cm|
|Bra Size||40 B (US) / 90 B (EU)|
|Cup Size||B (US)|
|Body Measurements||36-26-35 inches or 92-69-89 cm|
|Chest Size||36 in / 92 cm|
|Waist Size||26 in / 69 cm|
|Hips Size||35 in / 89 cm|
|Shoe Size||10 (US) or 40.5 (EU) or 7.5 (UK)|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Natural Breasts or Implants||Natural|
Interesting Facts about Brooke Shields
- Brooke posted a video from her upcoming movie for which she is acting these days.
- Brooke posted a picture with her friends Laura Brown and Brenda Battista.
- Brooke endorses True Botanicals’ Renew Pure Radiance Oil.
- Brooke said that she got the pleasure to interview @tune2tunde for the show @beginningisnow HOW DO WE BEGIN?
- Brooke announced that she partnered with @closdubois to fight ageism in advertising.
- Brooke shared a heartfelt post when her daughter, Grier, turned sixteen.
- Brooke shared a picture with Kenny Scharf when he was honored at BFA.
Brooke Shields Personal Info
|Full Name||Brooke Christa Shields|
|Occupation||Model, Actress, Producer, and Voice Artist|
|Date of Birth||31 May 1965 (age 56 years)|
|Birthplace||Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States|
|Father Name||Francis Alexander Shields|
|Mother Name||Teri Shields|
|Sibling Names||Olympia Shields (Sister), Marina Shields (Sister), Christina Shields (Sister), Thomas Gore Auchincloss Jr. (Brother), Alessandro Lecquio (Cousin Brother)|
|Spouse||Chris Henchy (m. 2001), Andre Agassi (m. 1997–1999)|
|Children||Rowan Francis Henchy, Grier Hammond Henchy|
Brooke Shields Pre-relationships
During her teenage years and early 20s, Brooke Shields was in romantic relationships with many men. She dated personalities like singer George Michael, actor Liam Neeson, Prince Naruhito, Dodi Fayed, and John Travolta. She is also linked with 18-year-old Mohammed Khashoggi, son of Adnan Khashoggi, an arms-dealer billionaire.
In 1997, Brooke tied the knot with tennis ace Andre Agassi, but soon their marriage broke off. In 2001, she took vows with writer/producer Chris Henchy, and the couple was blessed with two daughters. She had a book under her name, Down Came the Rain, in which she discussed post-partum depression and her struggles with it.
Family and Personal Life of Brooke Shields
Brooke Shield is married to writer/producer Chris Henchy. She lives with her husband and two pretty daughters in Greenwich Village, New York City.
Brooke Shields Most Favorite Things
|Favorite Actresses||Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth|
|Favorite Actors||John Wayne, Tom Cruise|
|Favorite Candy||Ice Breakers Sours|
|Pastime||Dancing alone to 40s music|
What is Brooke Shields’s net worth?
Brooke Shield has an estimated net worth of $40 million.
What are her sources of income?
Brooke started working in the entertainment industry at the age of 12. By her early 20s, she was an established entertainer, earning a whopping sum every day for her films and modeling assignments. She is still active and makes a huge sum.
How much is Brooke Shields educated?
Brooke went to New Lincoln School in New York City when she was a child. Later, she shifted to ‘Dwight-Englewood School’ in New Jersey as she had to move with her mother after her parent’s divorce. Brooke got graduated in 1983.
After graduation from high school, Brooke went to ‘Princeton University’ in New Jersey and studied French literature.
She completed college in 1987.
Does Brooke Shields have tattoos?
Brooke recently got a matching tattoo with her daughter, Rowan Francis. They inked a ladybug to commemorate the special occasion of Rowan’s graduation.
Controversies of Brooke Shields
Brooke came into the limelight for portraying the role of a child prostitute when she was only 12.
She again grabbed for the film Blue Lagoon as it has some of her nude scenes. However, later the actress confirmed that a body double was used for shooting the nude scenes.
The third time Brooke came into the public eye for her controversial ad for Calvin Klein. The ad was heavily criticized for sexual innuendo as it has Brooke saying the famous tagline, ‘You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins?’ it received a considerable amount of backlash.
Assets of Brooke Shields (House and Cars)
Brooke and her husband are real estate moguls. They bought a $3.2 million lavish mansion in 1997 in LA’s Pacific alisades neighborhood. At present, the couple used to lend this house for $25,000 per month.
In 2007, they bought a home for $5.5 million in New York’s West Village.
In 2013, they bought a home for $4.3 million in Southhampton.
Currently, they are residing in Greenwich Village, New York City, with the family.
Does Brooke Shields own any brand?
Brooke is the CEO of her own wellness brand called ‘Beginning is Now.’ The brand is committed to the wellness of women over 40 years of age.
She is the founder of ‘Timeless,’ which caters to a plethora of chic separates, polished accessories, and fashion staples suitable for different occasions.
Does Brooke Shields have undergone any surgery?
Brooke underwent two surgeries to stabilize her legs and hip, which got broken in an accident.
Brooke Shields Social Media Profiles
Brooke Shields Movies List
- 1976 – Alice, Sweet Alice
- 1978 – Pretty Baby, King of the Gypsies
- 1979 – Tilt, Wanda Nevada, Just You and Me, Kid
- 1980 – The Blue Lagoon
- 1981 – Endless Love
- 1983 – Sahara
- 1984 – The Muppets Take Manhattan
- 1989 – Speed Zone, Brenda Starr
- 1990 – Backstreet Dreams
- 1992 – Running Wild
- 1993 – Freaked
- 1994 – The Postgraduate, The Seventh Floor
- 1996 – Freeway
- 1998 – The Misadventures of Margaret
- 1999 – The Weekend, Black and White, The Bachelor, The Disenchanted Forest
- 2000 – After Sex
- 2004 – Our Italian Husband, The Easter Egg Adventure
- 2005 – Bob the Butler
- 2007 – National Lampoon’s Bag Boy
- 2008 – Justice League: The New Frontier, The Midnight Meat Train, Unstable Fables: Goldilocks & 3 Bears Show
- 2009 – Hannah Montana: The Movie
- 2010 – Furry Vengeance, The Other Guys
- 2011 – Chalet Girl, The Greening of Whitney Brown
- 2013 – The Hot Flashes, A Monsterous Holiday
- 2014 – Under Wraps, Adventure Planet
- 2017 – Daisy Winters
- 2020 – My Boyfriend’s Meds
- 2021 – A Castle for Christmas
Brooke Shields TV Shows
- 1974 – After the Fall
- 1977 – The Prince of Central Park
- 1980 – The Muppet Show
- 1982 – The Doctors
- 1984 – Wet Gold, Blondes vs. Brunettes
- 1988 – The Diamond Trap
- 1992 – Quantum Leap
- 1993 – I Can Make You Love Me, The Simpsons, Tales from the Crypt
- 1994 – An American Love
- 1995 – Nothing Lasts Forever
- 1996 – Friends
- 1996,2000 – Suddenly Susan
- 1998 – The Almost Perfect Bank Robbery
- 2001 – What Makes a Family, Just Shoot Me!
- 2002 – Widows
- 2003 – Miss Spider’s Sunny Patch Kids, Gary the Rat
- 2004 – Gone, But Not Forgotten, I’m with Her, That ’70s Show
- 2005 – New Car Smell
- 2006 – Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Nip/Tuck
- 2007 – Two and a Half Men, The Batman
- 2007,09 – Hannah Montana
- 2008,09 – Lipstick Jungle
- 2010, 2012, – The Middle
- 2014,16, 2018 – The Middle
- 2010 – Who Do You Think You Are?, The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
- 2011 – Chalet Girl
- 2013 – Army Wives, Super Fun Night
- 2014,16 – Creative Galaxy
- 2014 – The Michael J. Fox Show
- 2014,19 – Mr. Pickles
- 2016 – Flower Shop Mystery: Mum’s The Word, Flower Shop Mystery: Snipped in the Bud, Flower Shop Mystery: Dearly Depotted, Scream Queens, When Calls the Heart
- 2017 – Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special
- 2017 – Nightcap
- 2017,18 – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- 2018,19 – Jane the Virgin
- 2018 – Murphy Brown
- 2019,present – Momma Named Me Sheriff