Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last decade, you’ve probably heard about how beneficial chia seeds are. What you may not know is that when you add lemon juice into the mix, you have a powerful weight-loss solution that won’t break the bank.
Benefits of Chia Seeds: Chia seeds naturally contain a stupendous amount of nutrients, antioxidants, fibre, protein, and hardly any calories. They make you feel full, give you energy, and keep your body helpful.
Benefits of Lemon: Lemons, known as a cure-all fruit for centuries. In addition to its household uses, lemon juice can be a great source of Vitamin C and contains polyphenols which help promote weight loss.
The combination of the two ensures for a filling, slimming drink. Let’s take a look at our favourite chia seed and lemon juice drink.
[ Read: How to Use Chia Seeds for Weight Loss ]
1. Chia Seeds and Lemon Juice Weight Loss Drink
- 1 TBSP chia seeds (whole)
- one TBSP lemon juice (one half of a fresh lemon)
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (not boiling!
How to Do It:
- Pour the chia seeds in first, then the lemon juice.
- Add the warm water and mix with a spoon.
- When the chia seeds have formed a kind of shiny gel, tilt your head back and drink it all up!
How it Helps: The chia seeds provide all of the energy and nutrients you need to start your day off right or help perk you up during a sleepy lunchtime. With so few calories, they won’t make a dent into your daily calorie budget. The lemon juice will boost your immune system with plenty of Vitamin C, plus those beautiful polyphenols that aid weight loss! You’ll feel full and ready to go after this drink.
When to Drink: This beverage is best in the morning, as it hydrates you, fills you with energy, lessens your hunger, and gets your body moving. However, it’s also great after a workout, or during the afternoon.
2. Chia Seeds with Honey Weight Loss Drink
- 1 TBSP chia seeds (whole).
- one TBSP honey (preferably organic).
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (not boiling).
How to Do It:
- Add your chia seeds to a heat-safe glass or cup, then pour your TBSP of honey in.
- Mix with warm water, stirring until chia seeds have become gelatinous.
- Disperse seeds and honey evenly throughout the water matrix.
How it Helps: The chia seeds kick fat’s butt, providing the energy and fibre you need to avoid a sugary, fattening breakfast or lunch. Also, honey acts to suppress the appetite and satisfy your sweet tooth!
[ Read: How to Take Flax Seeds for Weight Loss ]
When to Drink: The chia seed and honey drink is excellent for breakfast or lunch, packing that extra energy and just a little bit of sweetness to make your day a great one!
No matter which combination you decide to try, you’re sure to be impressed with the results. Getting accustomed to the taste can be difficult at the beginning, but once you try it a few times, you’ll be hooked on how good you feel afterwards. So, what’s holding you back? Get fit with these recipes today!