Most of us are guilty of working out our belly while neglecting the rest of the body. Today, we’re going to focus on toning and working out the inner thighs. Use these top 10 workouts to tone your inner thighs. You’re certainly going to feel the burn with these exercises. However, don’t give up! Three months of faithfully incorporating these into your current workout schedule and you’ll be thanking us.
1. Side Leg Lift:
Reps: One set of 15 reps.
- Stand comfortably with feet facing forward and together.
- Next, lift right leg as far as you can go (Support one hand with chair).
- Most people should be able to keep the leg parallel to the floor.
- Hold for 5 seconds then lower gently.
- Repeat 15 times on each side to complete a full set.
Great for: This exercise isn’t just for inner thighs but is great for working oblique’s, abs and hips too.
[ Read: Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat ]
2. Lateral Lunge:
Reps: 12 reps on each leg make one set.
- Stand upright squarely and firm.
- Take a wide right side-step with your right foot.
- Keep your left and right toes facing forward.
- Lunge backwards and lower your butt into a seating position.
- Gently return to start-up position.
- Repeat on the right side 12 times. That’s one set.
Great for: toning the butt, back, inner thighs and hips.
[ Read: Exercises To Tone Your Legs ]
3. Plié Squat:
Reps: 15 reps make up one set.
- Ballet-inspired stand with your toes facing forward feet three-feet apart.
- Stick your butt out and sit back slowly until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor.
- Rise gently without arching your back, while squeezing your inner thighs at the same time.
- This is a rep. Do 15 more to complete a set.
- Next, lift your right and left heel alternately as you come back down.
- Repeat 15 times each side to complete a set.
Great for: strengthening core muscles, back muscles, inner thighs and hamstrings.
[ Read: Exercises to Strengthen Ankles ]
4. Leg Sweeps:
Reps: Five reps equal one set.
- Draw your feet behind you such that they are beneath your hips.
- Next make semi-circular sweeping movements with your right leg.
- Keep your toes pointed like a ballerina and tighten the glutes and inner thighs.
- You should feel the burn.
- Repeat five times on each leg, left and right. Five reps equal one set.
Great for: Hamstring toning, trimming of fat from legs.
[ Read: Exercises To Tone Butt ]
5. Scissor Leg Plank:
Reps: 15 reps equal one set. Do two sets.
- Get down on the ground in a full plank position.
- Keep upper body firm while slightly gliding feet apart in a scissors motion.
- Squeeze inner thighs as you open and close legs.
- Repeat 15 times. Do this twice.
Great for: Tones hips, butt, and inner thighs.
6. Side Lunge:
Reps: One set.
- Starting position – Stand with your feet both firmly planted on the ground, shoulder width apart, toes facing forward.
- Next, step out on your right as wide as you possibly can.
- Next, lunge onto this right leg, keeping your back straight and parallel to the floor.
- Remember to tuck your tummy as you tighten your glutes and inner thighs.
- Rise slowly and go back to starting position.
- Repeat 15 times on right leg to complete one set. Repeat on left leg.
Great for: toning inner thighs, hamstring and tummy.
7. Alternating Curtsy Lunge:
Reps: 20 lunges each leg.
- With your feet firmly on the ground, hip-width apart, place your hands on your hips.
- Make sure you’ve got your balance before stepping back with your right leg.
- Cross right leg over your left leg.
- Lower your body, bending at the knees, keeping your body and torso upright.
- Ensure left thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Rise gently and go back to original position.
- Repeat on the left leg. This is one rep. Complete 20 curtsy lunges for one rep.
Great for: improving balance, posture and overall body co-ordination, while toning hamstrings, glutes and inner thighs.
8. Sumo Squat with Kettlebell:
Reps: 15 reps make a set.
- NB: Choose a kettle bell that you can comfortably lift without straining your back.
- Lift kettle bell with both hands, maintain lift at chest level, tuck in elbows and keep arms close to the body.
- Your feet should be firmly on the ground, a little bit wider than shoulder-width.
- Toes should be pointing forwards.
- Back should be straight and thighs squeezed.
- Lower kettle bell to starting position and do 15 reps to make one set.
Great for: Toning inner arms, biceps, triceps, chest area, inner thighs. This exercise works out glutes as well.
9. Inner Thigh Circles:
Reps: 10 to 20 reps.
- Get down on the floor, and lie on your right side.
- Keep your head supported by your right arm.
- Place your left foot on the ground next to your right foot.
- Lift left leg in wide circular motions.
- Keep tummy tucked in and squeeze inner thighs muscles.
- Repeat 10 to 20 times on each side. Alternate sides and repeat.
Great for: Toning inner thighs and hips.
10. Elbow Plank with Leg Lift:
Reps: 3 reps.
- Get down onto the floor mat and place elbows squarely on the floor.
- Body should be in plank position.
- Elbows at a right-angle to the floor mate.
- Next, lift one leg off the floor and repeat on each leg 10 times to complete one rep.
- Alternate and repeat on the other leg.
Great for: core strengthening, toning of glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps. Helps improve posture considerably and stability.
1. Stretch Well Before and After Exercise: Remember to warm up and cool down properly before and after your exercise. The last place you want to be pulling muscles is in the inner thigh! So stretch well at the beginning before your workout, and take enough time to stretch again at the end.
2. Drink Lots of Water: As you exercise, keep in mind that your body is cleansing itself, so you need to keep hydrated to eliminate all the salt and toxin build up that’s accumulating in your body. Aim to drink at least 2L of water every day.
3. Eat Right: It goes without saying that if you want to see the benefits of these workouts your diet should match your workout routine. Look into keto diets for the best results. Diets rich in vegetables, medium protein and high in healthy fats are good for muscle toning.