Jemma Redgrave is a British film and theater actress who belongs to the family of Redgrave. She has also acted in many theatrical and film productions, including her performance of Evie Wilcox in the BAFTA-winning Merchant Ivory adaption of Howards End.
Jemma Redgrave – Height, Weight, Age, Movies & Family – Biography
Jemma Redgrave Awards and Achievements
Jemma Redgrave’s movie, Howards End won the BAFTA for Best Film in 1992 and Anniversary Prize at the 45th Cannes Film Festival.
Her 2005 comedy drama Lassie was nominated for Critics Choice Award at the 2007 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards.
In 2016, her film Love & Friendship was nominated for Film of the Year at the London Film Critics Circle Awards.
Best Known For
Jemma Redgrave is best known for her family, Redgrave, which includes a lineage of actors and actresses, dubbed as the first acting family of the U.K. She is also known for her movies such as Howards End, I’ll Be There and The Grid.
Jemma Redgrave Body Measurements
|Height||172.7 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
|Breast Size||40 in / 101 cm|
|Natural Breasts or Implants||Natural|
Jemma Redgrave’s Pre-Relationships
Jemma Redgrave was married to barrister of Matrix Chambers, Tim Owens. Tim and Jemma’s first son, Gabriel was born in 1994. Jemma and Tim separated in 1995 till October 1998. However, they would eventually reconcile and have another son, Alfie in 2000. In 2020 the couple finally divorced.
Jemma Redgrave Family and Personal Life
Jemma Redgrave was born to actor Colin Redgrave and his first wife, fashion model Deirdre Hamilton-Hill. She was born in London on January 14, 1965.
Jemma has a brother named Luke Redgrave. Her parents split when she was nine years old. She went to Bousfield Primary School as a child. She enrolled in Godolphin Latymer Day School for Girls in Hammersmith.
Her father was a member of the Workers Revolutionary Party, a left-wing political party. She became close to her grandmother when she was 13 years old. They went to the theater a lot, which inspired her to become an actress.
She comes from a long line of actors, as the Redgrave were known as the “first acting family.” Vanessa and Lynn Redgrave, both Academy Award winners, are her aunts. Joely Richardson, Carlo Nero, and Natasha Richardson are her cousins; two of them are actresses, and Nero is an Italian film director and screenwriter.
Her father remarried actress Kika Markham, who became a second mother to her when she moved to her father’s house at the age of 17.
Jemma Redgrave was married to Matrix Chambers barrister Tim Owens.
Gabriel, Tim and Jemma’s first child, was born in 1994. Jemma and Tim divorced in 1995 and remained divorced until October 1998. They did, however, reconcile and have another son, Alfie, in 2000. The couple finally divorced in 2020.
Jemma Redgrave Personal Info
|Full Name||Jemima Rebecca Redgrave|
|Date of Birth||14 January 1965 (age 57 years)|
|Birthplace||London, United Kingdom|
|Father Name||Corin Redgrave|
|Mother Name||Deirdre Deline Hamilton-Hill|
|Sibling Names||Luke Redgrave, Arden Redgrave, Harvey Redgrave|
|Tim Owen (m. 1992–2020)|
|Children||Gabriel Owen, Gabriel Meurig Redgrave Owen, Alfred Corin Redgrave Owen, Alfie Owen|
Interesting Facts about Jemma Redgrave
- Jemma Redgrave comes from the Redgrave family, the first acting family in the U.K.
- She was also part of the sci-fi series Doctor Who as Kate Stewart in a guest role in 2012.
- Her lineage includes: grandparents Sir Michael Redgrave and Rachel Kempson, aunties Vanessa Redgrave and Lynn Redgrave, and cousins Joely Richardson, Carlo Nero and Natasha Richardson.
- She appeared in New York’s Public Theater’s 12-hour production The Great Game: Afghanistan.
- Her brother is Luke Redgrave, who is a cameraman and the half-brother of Arden and Harvey.
- She divorced husband Tim Owen briefly in 1997, but reconciled and had a second son in 2000.
- Deirdre Hamilton-Hill was a fashion model before marrying Colin Redgrave.
What is Jemma Redgrave’s Net Worth?
Jemma Redgrave’s net worth is calculated around $1 million and $5 million.
What is her source of income?
Her acting career is her main source of income.
Jemma Redgrave Education
Jemma Redgrave attended the Bousfield Primary, West London. She attended the Godolphin and Latymer Day school for Girls in Hammersmith. She joined in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art when she was 18 years old.
Jemma Redgrave Interviews
In an interview she has stated the grief of losing all her loving family members: Natasha in 2009, father Colin, aunty Lynn in 2010 and mother Deirdre in 1997. To quote her “I feel I have been hit – many times. It is like an earthquake. You come out and find you have survived because you have to…I look around and there is so much loss”
In an interview, Jemma Redgrave explains why having a second child will help her forget about her previous sadness and marital issues.
She was asked in an interview, “How does it feel to be working with The Cybermen in the Doctor Who Series 8 finale?” “Thing is, being in the same studio as a Dalek or being in a scene with a Cyberman is always bit odd because they are part of my life’s narrative,” she said. Because it’s genuine, it’s a bizarre dislocated experience.
Makeup Tips by Jemma Redgrave
- Jemma Redgrave likes to keep her looks neutral and prefers a natural make-up look.
- During her decade as an actress, she still preferred to have looked toned down.
- Till today, her look remains neutral and less experimental.
Jemma Redgrave House
Jemma Regrave lives in north London, where she has lived for over 30 years. She, along with her two boys, lives in an Art Deco inspired house.
Jemma Redgrave Social Media Profiles
Jemma Redgrave Movies List
- 1988 – Dream Demon, Diana
- 1992 – Howards End
- 1993 – One Night Stand
- 1994 – Power and Lovers
- 1998 – The Acid House
- 2003 – I’ll Be There
- 2005 – Lassie
- 2016 – Love & Friendship
- 2016 – Chubby Funny
- 2021 – Barnes’ People
Jemma Redgrave TV Shows
- 1988 – Tales of the Unexpected
- 1990 – The Real Charlotte
- 1991 – All Good Things, Performance
- 1993 – Diana: Her True Story, The Buddha of Suburbia
- 1995,98 – Bramwell
- 1998 – Mosley
- 2000 – Blue Murder, Cry Wolf, Dr. Jocelyn Wolf, Fish, Bramwell V
- 2001 – High Stakes, Judge John Deed
- 2002 – The Swap, My Family
- 2004 – Amnesia, The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, The Grid
- 2005 – Tom Brown’s Schooldays, Like Father Like Son, Cold Blood
- 2006 – Lewis
- 2007 – Waking the Dead, Cold Blood 2, Mansfield Park, The Relief of Belsen, Cold Blood
- 2008 – Agatha Christie’s Marple: Murder Is Easy
- 2009 – Unforgiven
- 2009 – Heston’s Feasts
- 2010 – Law & Order: UK
- 2012,15,21,22 – Doctor Who
- 2013 – Frankie
- 2014 – Dracula, Inspector George Gently
- 2015 – Churchill: 100 Days That Saved Britain
- 2016,18,21,22 – Holby City
- 2018– Midsomer Murders
- 2019,20 – Grantchester
- 2020,22 – Silent Witness
You Might Also Like: