8 out of 10 in women are having trouble with hips. Workouts and good diet’s won’t help to reduce fat in particular body parts. So, targeting specific area may helps to reduce fat. You want to know how to tone hips.Here are 15 best exercises.
Best Exercises To Tone Your Hips
Lifting the ball with kicks
- Fitness ball is a great way to diversify weight training.
- This exercise will help strengthen the thighs (especially the inner surface).
- Lie towards on side with arms folded in front. If this posture is uncomfortable, place one arm under the head and the other hand bent at the elbow and placed in front for support.
- Take a big fitness ball and clamp it between the legs then slowly lift the ball upward, straining thighs and buttocks.
- Return to starting position and make three sets of 15 repetitions.
- This exercise activates muscles of legs and buttocks when you return to the starting position by running on inner thighs.
- Stand up straight with your feet placed side by side, right foot on the disc, clasping your hands together in front like a castle (helps in keeping your balance).
- Transfer the weight in to the left foot and at the same time slowly bend at left knee by moving the foot to drive side.
- Perform three sets of 10 repetitions with each leg.
Sumo Squat with Movement of Hands
- Sumo Squat is considered to be a very effective exercise for tight hips.
- During execution concentrate on inner surface of the thighs and try to perform everything as accurately as possible.
- Stand on your feet widely arranged (toes look slightly outwards) and take the dumbbell into hands to complicate the exercise.
- Bend legs until your knees are over your ankles and simultaneously raise your arms parallel to the legs.
- Straighten your legs and lower your arms at the same time.
- Perform three sets of 15 repetitions.
Raise the feet
- Following Jane Fonda workouts, which were popular in good old 80’s, you can do one of branded those exercise.
- It has been three decades, but still nothing is more effective to work out on all the muscles of inner thigh.
- Lying down on to right side, pull your right leg and bend the left leg and put it in forward, moving through the right.
- On the exhale, lift your right leg on a breath by lowering. Torso must remain stationary during the exercise.
- Repeat 10 times and then change sides.
Wiggle and Crossing
- The inner thighs stretched out to tone your buttocks, quadriceps of inner and outer thighs then give you energy boost.
- Arrange legs widely, bend your knees and lower yourself into a squat. Rest hands against the thighs just above the knees, pressurising more on the squat and stretch.
- Jump up and put your right foot in front of left,while landing cross legs.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
- Repeat procedure with alternating legs for as many times as you can, at least for 40 seconds.
Squat with your knees together
- Squatting with your knees together is better than usual to strengthen the inner thigh, quadriceps and hamstring without wasting time to make it possible to work together.
- Stand on your feet keeping it together, take a dumbbell bent at your elbows and touch the dumbbells shoulder.
- Then squat by bending your knees and move hips back as if you were going to sit on a chair, keep legs together during the entire exercise. The weight should be on your heels and stretch your arms up.
- Return to the starting position without shifting the weight on your toes.
- Do three sets of 15 repetitions.
- This exercise is great for strengthening the cardiovascular system.
- Stand on your feet at shoulders width apart, extend your arms to the sides parallel to the floor and palms down.
- Keep your arms and legs crossed then return to starting position and repeat, changing sides.
- Do 25 reps, alternating arms and legs with breaks between reps.
- Side lunge exercise trains the pelvic muscles and inner thighs.
- Take a dumbbell (2-4 kg) in to left hand by placing your feet together while other hand is at your hips.
- Make a lunge to the right and bend to the floor.
- Keep the right knee evenly over the left leg remaining straight.
- Return to starting position on to the right foot.
- Do three sets for 10 times on each side.
The Bridge with Compression
- During the exercise of bridge, strain and squeeze the inner thighs for better strengthening of muscles.
- Lie down on your back, bent at knees and feet at a small distance away from each other or place a small ball between your knees (or pillow) and hold during the entire exercise for specific distance.
- Take the bridge along knees to the neck extended in a straight line.
- Without moving hips, squeeze the ball or pillow for 20 times stressing the muscles then lower the hips and bring your knees up to the chest, rounding the back.
- Make three sets for two times.
- During this training in yoga style you might feel slight burning sensation in the thighs. But no worry that is the way it should be.
- Stand with your feet placed together. Relax your knees, keeping hands up and lean forward trying to touch the chest with knee.
- Move your left elbow over the right thigh without opening the hand and look upwards. Hold in this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Return to starting position but make sure during the execution of exercise keep straight back.
Standing on Elbow with Raised legs
- Keep the usual rack on one elbow with raised legs and this will tone the outer surface of the thigh.
- Lie on to one side, bending right arm at elbow and lean to stretch your legs by making body into a straight line.
- Try to rely only on the outer edge of the right foot and put your left hand on your hip.
- Feel your spine stretched and strained to press and then lift the left leg to a level just above the hip and retrain slowly to lower it back.
- Do not bend at the waist and bring the shoulder down supporting the body weight on elbow.
- Make three sets of 15-20 reps on each side.
Lateral lunges with a Curtsey
- If you are doing exercise for the first time, use dumbbells holding hands on leg movements.
- Take a dumbbell (2-4 kg) in the right hand make a lunge to left, dropping right hand towards right leg. Lower the hips as low as possible, relying on the heel with feet toes looking forward while leg bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Standing on left foot go to curtsy position with left foot kept back and the right foot go ahead. Raise your hand up with a load while both legs looking forward. Keep your hips and legs in tension.
- Repeat without returning to the starting position and immediately passing nod from the side lunge.
- Do three sets of 15 reps and then switch sides.
- This exercise is great for warm-up and at the same time will help to strengthen the inner thighs.
- Stand straight up with feet together, arms extended to the sides parallel to the floor.Lift the right leg and pull it to the side by keeping the balance on left.
- Extend your right leg to the left and then retain back to side.
- Do three sets for 10 repetitions and then change legs.
Passing the Ball
- This is the first exercise with feet raised at abdominal muscles but if you complicate itby squeezing the ball between the legs it will strengthen your inner thighs.
- Lie down on your back, grab a ball for fitness and lift to the ceiling.
- Keep the lower back pressed against the floor by lowering the foot and put the ball over your head.
- Return to the starting position, but hold the ball between legs this time.
- Make two sets of 10 repetitions.
Running on Towels
- Great exercise for hips with two options and both of them very effectively strengthen abs and legs (including inner thighs).
- Take two small towels, folded and place on floor for smooth surface such as a wooden floor then keep your feet on the towel.
- Put your hands on the floor in front and take the right leg back, then quickly change it to the left places. Continue to move quickly changing legs.
- Make with eight repetitions on each leg.
For even better work out for internal surface of the thigh, change the exercise:
- Drop down into a lunge even lower and bend down to the floor in front.
- Continue changing the legs and making sure that your knee indicate side and chest was low omitted.
- Do eight repetitions for each leg.
While working on inner thighs, make sure your posture is correct since it could cause other muscle pain. If you’re uncomfortable performing any exercises, always ensure to stop immediately and then resume. Don’t push yourself too hard since hurting your hips can cause back injuries.
You Might Also Like: