Lara Flynn Boyle is an American actress, born on 24th March 1970 in Davenport, Iowa. She got popular with her role as Donna Hayward in the TV series ‘Twin Peaks.’
Lara was the only child of her parents. Her mother, Sally Boyle, raised her single-handedly as her father, Michael L. Boyle, abandoned them when Lara was only six. Her mother used to work as a clerk and manager in a store. They live in a small house near Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Lara has German American, Irish American, and Italian American ancestry. Unlike most children, Lara was shy and dyslexic. She used to cry for hours in school, sitting in a corner until her mother came to pick her up. However, Lara learned to fight and be courageous as she grew old.
While the early days were spent in poverty, the situation improved slightly when Lara was 12. Her mother enrolled her at an improvisational theater camp in Evanston, the Piven Theater Workshop. While studying here, Lara developed an interest in acting. In 1988, she entered the Chicago Academy of Fine Arts for graduation.
Lara Flynn Boyle – Height, Weight, Age, Movies & Family – Biography
- When Lara was studying at the Chicago Academy of Fine Arts, she bagged a small role in ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,’ a teen comedy. She was 16 at that time. She made an appearance on television with ‘Jack and Mike’ in which she was seen in one episode. She also appeared in one episode of ‘Sable’ and five episodes of ‘Amerika.’
- After these, offers for different roles started pouring, and Lara Flynn Boyle became a popular television actress. Later, she moved to Los Angeles with her mother and started working in different shows in supporting roles. When she was 20, director David Lynch spotted her and gave her the role in ‘Twin Peaks.’
Lara Flynn Boyle Body Measurements
|Height||5 ft 6 in / 168 cm|
|Weight||126 lb / 57 kg|
|Breast Size||29 in / 76 cm|
|Bra Size||34 C (US) / 75 C (EU)|
|Cup Size||C (US)|
|Body Measurements||29-22-33 in or 76-58-84 cm|
|Chest Size||29 in / 76 cm|
|Waist Size||22 in / 58 cm|
|Hips Size||33 in / 84 cm|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Natural Breasts or Implants||Natural|
Awards and Achievements
- Lara Flynn Boyle got Golden Nymph for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy TV Series.
Best Known for
- The show that gave Lara Flynn Boyle the most popular was the mystery-horror drama television series ‘Twin Peaks.’ It aired from April 1990 to June 1991 on ABC. This series helped Lara get established as a successful TV actress of the time.
- She also made an appearance on the big screen by working in eight films. Her role in ‘Lucky Dog’ is highly acclaimed. She debuted as a producer in ‘Hansel & Gretel Get Baked.’
- The most recent work of Lara can be seen in an action drama ‘Death in Texas.’ The movie was premiered at the 14th Rockport Film Festival in Rockport, Texas, in November 2020.
Lara Flynn Boyle Pre-Relationships
- Lara dated Kyle MacLachlan, her co-star from Twin Peaks, from 1990 to 1992. In 1996, she married John Patrick Dee III; however, the couple split after two years. Her name also came with Jay Penske.
- Later, she dated actors, David Spade and Jack Nicholson. David Spade found out that Lara was dating Jack only when the two got into an automobile accident, and the media covered the incident.
- Lara and Jack became public about their relationship in 1999 at the Emmy Awards. They separated in the following year. In 2006, Lara married Donald Ray Thomas II, a real estate investor in San Antonio, Texas.
Family and Personal Life of Lara Flynn Boyle
- Lara lives with her husband, Donald Ray Thomas II. The couple does not have any children.
Lara Flynn Boyle Personal Info
|Full Name||Lara Flynn Boyle|
|Date of Birth||24 March 1970 (age 52 years)|
|Birthplace||Davenport, Scott County, Iowa, United States|
|Father Name||Michael L. Boyle|
|Mother Name||Sally Boyle|
|Spouse||Donald Ray Thomas (m. 2006), John Patrick Dee III (m. 1996–1998)|
Interesting Facts about Lara Flynn Boyle
- A throwback picture when Lara Flynn Boyle was dating Jack Nicholson.
- A picture of Lara Flynn from ‘Twin Peaks.’
- Throwback picture of Lara Flynn Boyle and Kyle MacLachlan, when the couple was dating each other.
- Twin Peaks made a place in the ‘100 greatest TV shows’
- Lara was highly appreciated for her role in ‘Threesome.’
- Lara Flynn Boyle had dyslexia when she was small.
- ‘Huff’ and ‘Las Vegas’ are other interesting films where the work of Lara Flynn can be seen.
Lara Flynn Boyle Most Favorite Things
|Favorite Food||Chinese Food|
|Favorite Color||Green, White|
|Favorite Movies||Red Rock West 1993|
Controversies of Lara Flynn Boyle
- Lara came into the limelight when she talked about the sexual misconduct she’s had to deal with in her career. When asked whether she had ever been mistreated in her career, she said it had happened many times.
Lara Flynn Boyle Movies List
- 1986 – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- 1988 – Poltergeist III
- 1989 – How I Got into College, Dead Poets Society
- 1990 – The Rookie
- 1991 – The Dark Backward, Mobsters, Eye of the Storm
- 1992 – Where the Day Takes You, Wayne’s World, Equinox
- 1993 – The Temp, Red Rock West
- 1994 – Threesome, Baby’s Day Out, The Road to Wellville
- 1995 – Cafe Society
- 1996 – The Big Squeeze
- 1997 – Farmer & Chase, Red Meat, Afterglow, Cannes Man
- 1998 – Happiness, Susan’s Plan
- 2000 – Chain of Fools
- 2001 – Speaking of Sex
- 2002 – Men in Black II
- 2006 – Land of the Blind, Fwiends.com
- 2007 – Have Dreams, Will Travel
- 2009 – Baby on Board, Life Is Hot in Cracktown
- 2010 – Cougar Hunting
- 2013 – Hansel & Gretel Get Baked
- 2015 – Lucky Dog
- 020 – Death in Texas
Lara Flynn Boyle TV Shows
- 1987 – Jack and Mike, Amerika, Sable
- 1989 – Terror on Highway 91, The Preppie Murder
- 1990,1991 – Twin Peaks
- 1991 – The Hidden Room, May Wine
- 1994 – Past Tense, Jacob
- 1995 – Legend
- 1997,2003 – The Practice
- 1998 – Ally McBeal, Since You’ve Been Gone
- 2002 – Ally McBeal
- 2004,2005 – Huff
- 2005,2006 – Las Vegas
- 2006 – The House Next Door, Shades of Black: The Conrad Black Story
- 2008 – Law & Order
What is Lara Flynn Boyle's Net Worth?
Performing in two great television series, 'Twin Peaks' and 'The Practice,' Lara Flynn Boyle accumulated a large fortune. Her estimated net worth is $12 million.
What are her Sources of Income?
Lara is not active in the television or film industry anymore. She started her career when she was only 16 and worked until 2020. Her sources of earnings are her business, shoot-outs, and endorsement deals.
How Much is Lara Flynn Boyle Educated?
Lara Flynn Boyle is an alma mater of The Chicago Academy for the Arts, from where she graduated. Before this, she also attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
Does Lara Flynn Boyle have Tattoos?
Lara has three tattoos on her body. A small shamrock on the lower-left portion of her abdomen. A cross or spade tattoo design on the back of her left ankle. The name of her ex-boyfriend Jay Penske is tattooed on her back.
Does Lara Flynn Boyle have Undergone any Surgery?
Different resources revealed that Lara Flynn Boyle had undergone many plastic surgeries to correct and improvise her facial features. She has done multiple surgeries, including Botox, lip augmentation, facial fillers, nose job, facelift, and brow lift.