Yoga is known to offer a lot of health benefits in a natural way. It has a cure for all types of pains and illness. Certain yoga Asana are found to be very effective in treating the symptoms associated with endometriosis, which is a chronic abdominal pain associated with women. The following yoga poses offer great relief from endometriosis.
1. Butterfly Pose
How to Do:
- Place the yoga mat on the floor.
- Sit on the middle of the mat with both the toes and feet touching each other.
- Bring the heels towards your groin area.
- Make sure that the knees are resting as close to the floor as possible.
- Do not press the knees to rest on the floor. Push it as much as you can.
- Hold this pose for 8 to 10 minutes and then relax the feet.
No of Repetitions: Repeat this pose three to four times.
How it Helps: It stretches and opens up the hip and the groin area to improve fertility. It alms the menstrual pain.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for PCOS Treatment ]
2. Supta Virasana
How to Do:
- Kneel on the yoga mat with knees together and feet apart.
- The feet have to be wider than the hips. The top of the feet must be firmly rounded.
- Lean your body back and sit between the feet. Make sure that the buttocks are planted on the floor.
- Allow your shoulder and upper back area to lean back on the floor. The hands should be folded and placed above the head.
- Exhale to push the back as far as possible towards the mat.
No of Repetitions: Repeat this pose 5 to 6 times and hold it for at least a minute each time.
How it Helps: Pelvis and groin area gets a good stretch. It also helps in reducing menstrual pain.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Menstrual Cramps ]
3. Shoulder Stand
How to Do:
- Lie on the floor. Take a deep breath and when you exhale, bend and lift the knees to your chest.
- Hands should be at the sides with elbows positioned near your body.
- Now, with the help of your hands to support the lower back, try to lift your legs so that it faces the ceiling.
- You can do this with one leg at a time.
- Support the weight of the body on your elbows, shoulder, and the upper arms.
- Point the toes upwards towards the ceiling.
- Take 5 small and deep breaths in this position.
No of Repetitions: Repeat this pose two to three times.
How it Helps: Calms the nervous system.Production of thyroid hormone is regularized.Reduces the symptoms of endometriosis.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Irritable Bowel Syndrome ]
4. Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend Pose
How to Do:
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you. Keep the back straight.
- Stretch the legs to the sides until you feel a good stretch.
- Press the legs firmly on the ground and the toes should be pointed upwards.
- Bend your body forward at the waist and make sure that the upper body is straight.
- Hold the toes of the legs with your hands and try to bend your back as much as possible.
- Hold this pose for a minute.
No of Repetitions: Repeat this yoga 4 to 5 times.
How it Helps: Gives a full-body stretch to relax and calm all the muscles. It will stimulate the organs of the abdomen.
By practicing the above-mentioned yoga Asana daily, you will be able to reduce the symptoms that are associated with endometriosis.