The term yoga butt isn’t a joke. It offers women the chance to work on the backside muscle. These yoga poses will help you to lift and tighten you butt a little.
5 Yoga Poses to Tone Your Buttocks
1. Crescent Lunge
How to Do:
- From downward facing dog position, exhale and step the right foot forward placing it between the hands. Align the knees over the heel.
- Inhale while raising your torso upright. Sweep the arms wide for raising them overhead, palms facing towards each other.
- Lengthen the tailbone and reach the back through the left heel. It will bring your shoulder blades deeper and will support your chest. Look up facing your thumb.
- Draw your front ribs down and then into the torso. Lift up your arms from your lower back ribs as you reach through the little finger. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Exhale and release the right thigh torso. Sweep your hands back to the floor and return back to dog down position.
- Repeat it with the other leg.
Number of Repetitions: Do this 5 times with each leg holding the position for 30 seconds.
How it Helps: It enhances body balance and gives a good stretch to your hips. The pose tones the body.
[ Read: Yoga Poses to Reduce Belly Fat ]
2. Half Moon Pose
How to Do:
- Stand straight and then bring the right foot back so that you are able to low lunges with the left leg. Use your hand to frame the left foot.
- Engage the core and bring the right hand towards the right hip. Lift up the right foot and straighten the right leg behind you. Balance with the left hand on floor.
- Rotate the right hip back and stack it on top of the left hip.
- Stretch your right hand above you as the palm faces room’s right side. Lift out the shoulder for gluing the blades to the back.
- Hold the position for 5 slow breaths.
- Move back to standing position and repeat it with the other side.
Number of Repetitions: Repeat this 5 times on each side.
How it Helps: It makes the ankles and thighs stronger. The pose can also stretch your calves. It improves digestion and helps body to coordinate better.
[ Read: Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss ]
3. Chair Pose
How to Do:
- Stand in mountain pose and raise the arms above your ahead while inhaling. Join the palms and keep it stretched.
- Exhale while bending the knees. Your thigh should be parallel to the floor. Your inner thighs need to be parallel to each other. Press the thigh bone’s head down toward the heels.
- Take the tailbone down to the floor while keeping your lower back long and maintaining firm shoulder blades.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds and come out of the pose gradually.
Number of Repetitions: Do this at least 10 times initially and increase it gradually.
How it Helps: It strengthens your calves, ankle, and spine. The pose can also stretch chest and shoulder.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Tight Hips ]
4. Bridge Pose
How to Do:
- Lay in supine position. Bend the knees and place your feet on the mat. The feet should be a hip distance apart
- Inhale while lifting up the hips towards the ceiling.
- Interlace the fingers while you press the forearms on the mat.
- Hold the position for 5 deep and slow breath.
- On exhale come back to position.
Number of Repetitions: Do this 10 times at least.
How it Helps: It offers a nice stretch to the front and upper body and is the strengthening pose for buttock, back, and hamstring.
5. Locust Pose
How to Do:
- Lie on your belly and place the arms by the side of the torso. The forehead should be resting in floor.
- Turn the toes to each other to rotate the thighs inwardly.
- Exhale to lift up the torso, head, arms, and legs away from floor.
- The arms should be stretched parallel to the floor. Press the scapulas firmly onto the back.
- Gaze upward and keep the neck long.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
Number of Repetitions: Do this 2-3 times.
How it Helps: It invigorates the whole system of the body. The pose can tone the thighs, hips, legs, and calf muscles.
All these poses can help you to get toned buttocks. You can fasten the process by incorporating squats in the routine.
You Might Also Like: