If you have been relying on commercially available scrubs for a long time, then you would like to switch to coffee as it is a great natural alternative for those. It can not just tighten the skin but also brighten it, giving it a smoother appearance. Caffeine helps in reducing the fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Since it has numerous benefits, we will check out some DIY scrubs that you can start using today for whitening the skin.
Why is Coffee Scrub effective for Skin Whitening?
Coffee is loaded with antioxidants, chlorogenic acid, and vitamin B3. Thus it is a great agent for reducing inflammation, and hyperpigmentation of the skin. Even the skin breakouts can be prevented and collagen production gets a boost. All these have a brightening effect on the skin.
Method of Using:
1. Coffee, Turmeric, and Yogurt:
- This combo has the goodness of caffeine with the advantages of lactic acid and skin whitening characteristics of turmeric.
- You need to take a half tablespoon of ground coffee, with a teaspoon of turmeric and a tablespoon of thick yogurt.
- The coffee grounds have to be first mixed with the turmeric powder in a bowl, to which yogurt can be added and mixed thoroughly for creating the scur.
- This can be massaged in a circular motion and let sit for 20-25 minutes before rinsing with warm water. This can be used three times a week for best outcomes.
2. Coffee and Coconut/Olive Oil:
- Equal amounts of any of these oils and coffee can be taken, mixed well for an even consistency.
- This can be applied to the face and body. Scrub well and rinse with warm water.
3. Coffee and Sugar with Lemon Juice:
- 1 tablespoon each from coffee and granulated sugar can be mixed with some lemon juice for creating a natural scrub.
- Once you attain an even consistency of the mixture, apply it to your face and body. After scrubbing well, rinse using warm water.
4. Coffee, Milk, and Malai:
- It is a perfect scrub for people with dry skin. Mix some milk and malai with 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for getting a thick paste.
- Applying it to the skin will cleanse the pores and also keep the skin moisturized.
- Those having severe skin problems already must consult the doctor before using any treatment on the skin.
[ Read: DIY Coffee Face Mask Recipes ]
Are There Any Side Effects of Using Coffee Scrub Effective for Skin Whitening?
No coffee scrub doesn’t have any negative effects on the skin, but using it every day and more frequently might cause skin irritation and rashes, especially for those having dry and sensitive skin.
When you want to avoid the chemicals in the store-bought products, it is better to try our DIY coffee scrubs to keep the skin clean and glowing. These are not only economical but safe and shoes better results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q. How long does it take to whiten the skin?
Ans: You can’t expect overnight results with the use of natural coffee scrubs as it will take some weeks or months to show results.
Q. Are natural coffee scrubs better than store-bought scrubs?
Ans: Yes because they don’t have any chemicals added, so there is no chance of any side effects. When you want to avoid the chemicals in the store-bought products, it is better to try our DIY coffee scrubs to keep the skin clean and glowing. These are not only economical but safe and shoes better results.
You Might Also Like
You Might Also Like: