We obtain sea salt directly from sea water. Due to its great relaxing properties, sea salt works very well in eliminating skin problems. It comprises of magnesium that is necessary for the normal working of the nervous system. Sea water contains large amounts of iodine and this element is present in abundance in sea salt too. The lack of iodine in human causes thyroid problems, hormonal imbalances, and heart disease and slows down the metabolism.
Manganese present in the salt helps to strengthen the immune system and the iron and copper help in enriching the formation of red blood cells. Sea salt is also rich in rare trace element that includes selenium, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in the body. The sea salt also contains traces of gold, palladium, nickel, and silver.
Table of Contents
- Medicinal Benefits of Sea Salt:
- Oils for Using Sea Salt:
- Here are 7 Amazing Homemade Sea Salt Scrub Recipes:
- 1. Sea Salt Scrub for Oily Skin:
- 2. Toning Scrub with Sea Salt:
- 3. Sea Salt Scrub with Clay:
- 4. Sea Salt Scrub for Blackheads:
- 5. Moisturizing Sea Salt Scrub:
- 6. Sea Salt Scrub against Cellulite:
- 7. Scrub with Sea Salt and Spices:
Medicinal Benefits of Sea Salt:
Sea salt has a wide range of medicinal properties. Some of them are listed below
- To treat the cardiovascular system.
- Treat upper respiratory tract problems.
- Cure the spine and joints.
- Treats skin and nail infections caused by fungus
- Cure intoxications of various origins.
Oils for Using Sea Salt:
There are different recipes for a home facial scrub. But you should choose according to your skin conditions and if the skin is oily, then scrub well by adding the juice from citrus or cosmetic clay. If you have dry skin then use the scrub with vegetable oil, egg yolk or cream with high-fat content. Using oils with sea salt scrubs is extremely beneficial. Some of the oils that can be used with sea salt are olive oil, almond oil, and grapeseed oil. For dry skin, the scrubs are used by adding dairy products: sour cream, yogurt or yogurt.
Here are 7 Amazing Homemade Sea Salt Scrub Recipes:
1. Sea Salt Scrub for Oily Skin:
The composition of the scrub with sea salt helps to cleanse the pores and makes the skin smooth and firm. Avoid this scrub if you are suffering from acne and inflammation problems on the skin.
- Crush 1 tsp sea salt and add 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Mix them well.
- To the resulting mixture add 1 tablespoon of kefir or yogurt.
- Massage on the skin and leave it in for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse with a wet towel.
2. Toning Scrub with Sea Salt:
This composition is appropriate for the dry and normal skin. It is a superb scrub that helps to tighten the skin and evens out its tone.
- To one tablespoon of orange or grapefruit pulp add 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- To this add one teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Massage on the skin and focus on areas that have blackheads.
- Rinse with water and wipe gently.
3. Sea Salt Scrub with Clay:
This amazing scrub cleans and tightens the skin, improves its suppleness and flexibility.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of finely crushed sea salt with 1 teaspoon of dry clay.
- To this add, one teaspoon of honey and one whisked egg yolk.
- Mix well and use the paste to massage the skin.
4. Sea Salt Scrub for Blackheads:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- To this add 1 tablespoon of yogurt or sour cream.
- Mix well and apply on the face.
- Massage gently with your fingertips for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it on the face for 5-7 minutes and then wash.
5. Moisturizing Sea Salt Scrub:
This scrub helps to moisturize and nourish the skin with nutrients and at the same time it also cleans the pores of the skin from the fat and removes excess dirt.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sea salt with half a tablespoon of olive oil and half a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix well and apply on the face.
- Massage using your fingers and concentrate on areas with blackheads or spots.
- Leave for 5 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
6. Sea Salt Scrub against Cellulite:
This scrub helps you can get rid of the cellulite bumps. This effective composition smoothes and tones the skin as well as improves skin conditions.
- To 5 tablespoons of sea salt add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix well and add 1 tablespoon of naturally ground coffee.
- Use this as a scrub to massage your face and then leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and then gently wipe.
7. Scrub with Sea Salt and Spices:
This wonderful scrub can be stored for several months and used as needed. It has a magical effect on the skin, making it soft and supple. Spices, included in it, heat the skin, improving metabolic processes.
- In a small bowl mix half a cup of sugar, half a cup of sea salt, 1/3rd cup of olive oil and 5-6 drops of essential oil.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of liquid honey and add it to a bowl. You can choose any spice (clove, cardamom, dry ginger, cinnamon, and coriander or turmeric powder).
- Heat this and then allow it to come down to room temperature. Once cooled, put it in a glass jar and store it.
- Use it as a scrub whenever needed.
Due to the capacity of exfoliation, maintenance of pH balance of the skin and ability to reduce the appearance of blemishes sea salt can be effectively used as a body scrub.