Exfoliators are great products for giving a refreshing feel to the skin. The store-bought products have chemical ingredients, so it is better to make easy DIY scrubs and enjoy maximum benefits. These can help in getting rid of the dead skin cells and leave your skin super soft, besides pore reduction. It also saves you a lot of money that would have been otherwise spent on expensive products.
DIY Face Scrubs for Exfoliating Skin
Coffee Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- Finely ground coffee- 1 tbsp
- Glycerin /shea butter/jojoba oil/cocoa butter/avocado oil: 1 tsp
- Bentonite -1 tbsp
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Lemon juice- a few drops
Recipe: Mix the ingredients to create a scrub of creamy texture. Gently massage your face.
Benefit: Natural coffee reduces fluid build-up under the eyes, thus reducing inflammation.
[ Read: DIY Coffee Face Scrub Recipes ]
Aloe Vera Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- Brown sugar- 1/4 cup
- Aloe vera gel-1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil- 1 tbsp
Recipe: Combine the above ingredients and massage on the skin to gently exfoliate the skin.
Benefits: It has a calming effect on the skin after exposure to the hot sun.
Sugar and Coconut Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- Superfine sugar- 1/3 cup
- Coconut oil- 1-2 tbsp
Recipe: Mix the above ingredients to create the scrub and apply it to the skin.
Benefits: Superfine sugar makes the scrub gentle and cleanses the skin by exfoliating the dead cells.
[ Read: Homemade Baking Soda Facial Scrubs ]
Papaya and Pineapple Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- 1 papaya
- Pineapple juice- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Superfine sugar-1 tsp
- Mash some papaya and mix it with sugar, lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Keep the mask on for about 20 minutes before rinsing.
- In case you feel some stinging, rinse it immediately.
- This happens when you have sensitive skin.
- It must be avoided by those with skin eczema.
Benefit: This is a gentle face scrub in which the fruit enzymes act as safe alternatives to the chemical exfoliators.
Jojoba And Essential oil Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- Jojoba oil-1 tsp
- Fine sugar-1 tsp
- Essential oil of choice-1 drop
Recipe: Mix the above ingredients in a bowl and apply them on your skin to exfoliate the skin besides keeping its moisture intact.
Benefits: When you have issues with other scrubs that reduce the skin moisture, this is a great option to keep the skin soft and supple even after exfoliation.
Using the natural face scrubs regularly, ensures fresh and clear skin. It removes the dirt buildup after a long hectic day and makes you feel fresh. But along with this, food habits and exercises should be done for the overall well being of the skin.
You Might Also Like:
- Homemade Baking Soda Facial Scrub Recipes for Gorgeous Face & Skin
- Homemade Overnight Face Masks For Healthy Skin
- 7 Best Oils For Face Massage