Do you want to know best thing about the clay? Clay is not only used to make huts, and create toys but also serves as an important component in a number of beauty recipes. It means that clay works wonderfully to make your skin attractive. Clay is one of the best and natural ingredients to make homemade masks for our skin.
Note: Keep in mind not to use any type of metal while making a clay mask. Always use glass, plastic or wooden equipment to maintain clay’s properties effective and powerful.
Table of Contents
1. Bentonite Clay Face Mask:
Bentonite clay is quite easy to find and it is formed by volcanic ash. It is highly powerful and effective in removing toxins and kills any microbes causing infection of the skin.
Recipe for Bentonite Clay Mask
- Mix equal amount of clay with equal amount of clean water.
- Make a paste.
- Then apply on dark spots, black dots, stains, blemishes, bug bites or cuts.
- For dry skin, add jojoba oil instead of water in the mask.
- Apply this mixture all over your face and neck
- Use this combination twice every week for 10-15 minutes.
2. Moroccan Red Clay Face Mask:
This red clay has the best curative property for oily and acne prone skin. Moroccan red clay is produced in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. If there are blackheads and clogged pores on your face, try this clay for effective results.
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan red clay
- 3 teaspoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon crushed avocado
Recipe for Making Moroccan Red Clay Mask
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Create a paste.
- Using clean fingers or a brush apply mask to t-zone or acne affected areas.
- Instantly the mask starts to ease (usually a sign the mask is dry),
- Then wash off your face with warm water.
3. White Kaolin Clay Face Mask:
The white kaolin clay is an ideal one to balance oil in your skin. White kaolin clay is found in China in the soil in hot and humid climates. This special type of clay is used in various types of beauty products like scrubs and deodorants because of its drying effects.
- 2 teaspoons white kaolin clay
- 1 teaspoons aloe vera juice
- 1 teaspoon clean water
- 2-3 drops geranium essential oil
Recipe for White Kaolin Clay Mask
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients together.
- Add extra water if the mask is too thick.
- Apply on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes to dry.
- Wash off your face with warm water.
- Lastly clean your face with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer for best results.
4. French Green Clay Face Mask:
French green clay is ideal for all skin types from normal to oily skin. This clay is used for detoxifying and exfoliating. This clay is also effective to get rid of any allergic skin reaction, sunburn or wound.
- 1 teaspoon French green clay
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop Frankincense essential oil
Recipe for French Green Clay Mask
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply the paste to your skin.
- Avoid applying on eye and lip area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
- If the mask irritates your skin extremely,
- Don’t leave it on for a long time and rinse early with warm water.
Note: However, minor itchiness is to be expected.
5. Fuller’s Earth Face Mask:
This mask is well-known for its soothing properties; Fuller’s Earth is sedimentary clay that is perfect choice for treating pigmentation and oily skin.
- 2 teaspoons Fuller’s Earth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rose water
How to Prepare This Recipe?
- Take a bowl,
- Mix all ingredients
- Apply 1-2 times in every week for 10 minutes.
Clay masks are now easily available in the market due to its popularity and numerous benefits. However, making clay masks at home is more affordable and ensures the absence of any harmful chemicals that can cause allergy to the skin.
- 9 Multani Mitti Face Packs
- Vitamin E Face Masks
- Homemade Face Masks for All Skin Types
- Aspirin Face Masks