Aztec Clay is one of the oldest skin healing ingredients, the use of which is dated back to 4000 years. It has been used in beauty rituals since time immemorial. Whether it’s about revitalizing the skin or hair, all you need is Aztec clay, and the issue resolves.
However, the question is, does Aztec Clay expire? If you also have queries regarding Aztec clay and want to know more about its uses and benefits, keep reading. Here we have compiled a detailed guide on Aztec Clay.
Does the Aztec Clay Mask Expires?
What Is An Aztec Clay Mask?
Aztec clay mask is made with 100% bentonite clay powder with no additives, delivering the goodness of clay to the skin and hair. Aztec clay is believed to have a negative charge that draws impurities out from the face, which has a positive charge. It is the major reason why this face mask is highly popular.
To create an Aztec clay mask, you have to mix water or apple cider vinegar to it to create a paste texture. Since apple cider vinegar has a thicker texture, it is preferred over water to get the desired consistency of paste.
Does Aztec Clay Expire?
Like most face masks, Aztec Clay is supposed to have an expiry date. However, due to the presence of all-natural ingredients, it is reported that this clay lasts forever without any degradation in its quality.
Clay is a type of fine-grained natural soil containing clay minerals. Aztec clay is made from bentonite clay- fine clay made from aged volcanic ash. It is powerful stuff revitalizes the skin by extracting the dirt and dead cells without leaving it dry.
[ Read: Best Clay Masks for Acne and acne Scars ]
Can I Use An Expired Aztec Clay?
When you buy a pack of Aztec clay, it will come with an expiry date. If your packet has passed the date, you can still use the product as it contains 100% natural ingredients. The effectiveness of clay will last, and it will continue giving fruitful results.
However, if you see a change in color, smell, or consistency in Aztec Clay, it indicates that the product has worn out for some reason. In such cases, it is advised not to use it as it can cause skin irritation and other skin-related issues. People with sensitive skin should completely avoid it.
Benefits Of Aztec Clay
Aztec clay is beneficial for skin and hair. When applied to the face, it constricts the skin and draws blood towards the T-Zones and cheeks. The nourishing and rejuvenating power of Aztec Clay is amazing. Some major benefits of Aztec Clay are-
- Reduces acne and scars
- Helps control sebum
- Fades blemishes, dark spots, and pigmentation
- Remove the dead skin cells
- Clears the skin impurities
If you have very dry skin, it is recommended not to use the Aztec Clay facemask as it may aggravate the issue. It works great on oily skin as it extracts the excess oil without making it dry.
How To Apply Aztec Clay Facemask
Here is the step-by-step tutorial to make an Aztec Clay facemask and apply it to the skin-
- Take the desired amount of clay in a bowl.
- Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to make a paste with a thick consistency.
- Apply the mask evenly to your face.
- Let the mask stay for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wipe off the mask gently with lukewarm or cold water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer on the skin and enjoy light, glowing and supple skin.
It is recommended to use the Aztec Clay mask only once a week. However, you can increase the frequency if you want to resolve certain issues like acne breakouts, marks, spots, or blemishes.
Another way to combat the skin issues is applying Aztec Clay Mask on the entire face for the first week and then only at the target areas of the face.
- Make sure you do not apply Aztec Mask for more than the recommended time as it can cause excessive dryness and redness on the skin.
- Never apply this facemask overnight, as it can do more harm than help.
- Remove the mask thoroughly after use.
Usually, the life of facemasks is around six months to 1 year. However, you can continue using the Aztec Clay mask for longer as it is made up of 100% natural ingredients. As long as the Aztec clay mask is stored properly and there is no change in color, smell, and consistency, you can use it without any issue.
Applying the Aztec clay mask could be a wonderful addition to your skincare regime. If it looks good and smells good, continue using it and grab the benefits.
You Might Also Like:
- Freckles Vs Sun Spots: What’s The Difference?
- Best Clay Masks for Acne and acne Scars – Our Top 10
- 8 Easy Homemade Face Scrubs for Every Skin Type
- Top 11 Homemade Baking Soda Face Mask Recipes and Benefits
- Can You Shower After Botox?
- Homemade Clay Face Masks – Benefits & Recipes
- Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay Review