The gym fever has hit everyone once again and you can see everyone walking, running, jogging and exercising in their quest to achieve the perfect body. Whether you want bulging biceps, six pack abs, slender waist or toned legs; you are well aware of the dedicated exercises for each of these body parts.
However, have you given any thoughts to that extra flesh under your jaw line? Yes, we are talking about the double chin. Don’t you want that extra flab to vanish? Wouldn’t you want to tone up your jaw line as well while trying to keep your entire body fit and fine? If your answer to these questions is a big fat yes, then you are at the right place! In this post, you will find some quick and super easy exercises that can help you in getting rid of your double chin and the best part is that you don’t even have to worry about going out of your comfortable home to do these exercises.
Table of Contents
- Causes Of Double Chin
- 1. Age
- 2. Weight Gain/Loss
- 3. Muscles And Bone Structure
- 4. Fat Cells
- 5. Hereditary
- 6. Posture
- 7. Facial Expressions
- Quick Exercises To Get Rid Of A Double Chin
- 1. Kiss Those Double Chins Away
- 2. Stick You Tongue Out
- 3. Jaw Jut
- 4. Roll Your Neck
- 5. Tongue On Teeth
- 6. Slap Your Chin
- 7. In And Out
- 8. Laying Lifts
- 9. Chew A Gum
- 10. The Big Fat ‘O’
Causes Of Double Chin
As you grow old, you tend to grow a double chin. Your muscles become weak and get detached from your skin. Due to the subcutaneous fats deposits in the skin, it gains more weight and starts hanging.
2. Weight Gain/Loss
A drastic weight gain or loss can both result in the occurrence of double chin. Increase in weight due to fatty foods can lodge the extra fat on your chin which causes your skin to stretch. A loss of weight can also make the skin to change its initial shape and get deformed.
3. Muscles And Bone Structure
The shape of your face is determined by the muscles and bone structure. If your jaw bones are protruding downwards, then it can result in a double chin.
4. Fat Cells
Every body part is different and each of them have different number of fat cells present. If your chin area has more number of fat cells, then it goes without a saying that you have a double chin.
You can also have a double chin depending upon your family’s genetics and hereditary. If your family has a history of people having double chins, then there is a high chance that you will have it too.
Your body posture plays a very important role in the occurrence of a double chin. Due to some head postures, you can develop more muscles around your chin area. One example would be slumping which will deposit more muscles and fat in your chin area.
7. Facial Expressions
The kind of facial gestures and expressions you make can result in structural changes of your face and chin area This is another cause of having a double chin.
Quick Exercises To Get Rid Of A Double Chin
1. Kiss Those Double Chins Away
- Not literally but yes this exercises resembles the action of a kiss! Start by tilting your head towards the ceiling.
- Press those lips together as if you are kissing the ceiling.
- Hold the pose for 5 minutes.
- Relax and bring your head down.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times.
2. Stick You Tongue Out
- Keep your head straight and open you mouth widely.
- Slowly over a count of five, bring your tongue out as far as possible.
- Bring the tongue back inside over another count of five.
- You need to repeat this exercise 10 times.
3. Jaw Jut
- Look towards the ceiling by tilting your head.
- Stretch your chin by pushing your lower jaw forward as much as possible.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Release the pose and bring your head back to the normal position.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
4. Roll Your Neck
- Start by tilting your head down such that your chin touches your chest.
- Now slowly roll your head towards the right side and hold it there for 5 seconds.
- Bring back your head to the center.
- Repeat the second step but this time roll it towards your left side.
- Do this for 30 seconds.
5. Tongue On Teeth
- Keep your head straight and open your mouth wide.
- The tip of your tongue should be placed behind your bottom row of teeth.
- Make an ‘aah’ sound while inhaling and exhaling.
- Do this for a minute and then relax your tongue and mouth.
- Just 2 rounds of this exercise is sufficient.
6. Slap Your Chin
- No, you it’s not a punishment! Keep your head straight and with the back of your hand start slapping your lower jaw. But please don’t it yourself to hard or too soft.
- Keep the slapping at a constant speed.
- Do this slap session for 30 seconds.
7. In And Out
- Hold you jaw line by placing your thumb on one side of your jaw and the rest of the fingers on the other side.
- The placement of your thumb and index finger should be at the same level on both the sides.
- Keeping the hand stiff, press your head and neck forward.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds and then release the pose.
- Do this exercise thrice.
8. Laying Lifts
- Lay down on the bed with your face facing the ceiling.
- Keep your shoulders and back flat on the bed and raise your head towards your chest.
- aintain the pose for 10 seconds.
- Gently bring your head back to the first position.
- Repeat the exercise twice.
9. Chew A Gum
- Buy some sugar free gum and start chewing it.
- This will not only help in removing your double chin but will also tone up your facial muscles.
- You can have them as many times as possible.
10. The Big Fat ‘O’
- Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- With your lips pressed together, open your mouth in the shape of an ‘O’.
- Hold the pose for 20 seconds.
- Release and bring back your head to the neutral position.
- Do two sets of 10 repetitions each.
There you have it! 10 quick and super easy exercises to have a beautiful and firm jaw line. You can easily do these exercises anywhere and anytime during the day. So from now on instead of trying to cover up your double chin, how about you make it completely disappear with these exercises?
Do you have some more exercises that we can share with our readers? Do, let us know!
- Kim Kardashian Contouring and Highlighting Tutorial
- Green Tea Extract: Treating Depression & Promotes Weight Loss