Propolis is one of nature’s powerful shields.It is acquired from bees. During the olden days, people exploited propolis for its therapeutic properties.The Egyptians used this to preserve the mummified body. The Assyrians used it over the injuries and polyps to battle against infections and aid in the healing process. The effects of propolis may dependaccording the location, the tree and the flowers the bees had accessed.
Table of Contents
- What is Propolis?
- Benefits of Propolis:
- 1. Cures Acne:
- 2. Upgraded Energy:
- 3. Eliminates Parasites:
- 4. Canker Sores:
- 5. Increases Fertility:
- 6. Sacks Dental Cavities:
- 7. Anti-Microbial Properties:
- 8. Settles Burns:
- 9. Reduces Stress:
- 10. Food Poisoning Treatment:
- 11. Kills Cancer Cells:
- 12. Treats Allergies:
- 13. Bone Diseases:
- 14. Lowers Blood Pressure:
- Where to Get Propolis?
- How to Take Propolis?
- Read Also:
- 14 Benefits of Bee Pollen: Nutrition Facts and More
- How to Lose Weight Fast with Bee Pollen
- More from my site
What is Propolis?
Bees gather resin from trees and formulate propolis. After the resin is gathered, it is transformed into a sticky, antimicrobial mixture to strengthen their hive.Propolis has many antimicrobial properties within it, because of which the hive remains germ free and prevents the intrusion of bacteria and viruses.
Benefits of Propolis:
1. Cures Acne:
- Propolis has the power to improve the skin tone and minimizes skin damage.
- This is because it has an element which could react against the bacteria that is responsible for skin damage.
Tip: Apply propolis on your pimple spot. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off thoroughly. You can use this as a face mask too, following the same procedure.
2. Upgraded Energy:
- If propolis is taken daily, you will experience an advanced productivity.
3. Eliminates Parasites:
- Parasites are difficult to diagnose. If they are not diagnosed at the right tie, it might cause serious health problems. Propolis has many immune supporting elements that can support health even if you are not sure of an infection.
- Research proves that, individuals who had propolis for their parasite treatment faced a 60 percent success rate in the removal of the giardiasis parasite.
4. Canker Sores:
- When a droplet of propolis tincture is applied over the sores 3 times a day, you possibly will experience swift remedy from canker sores.
5. Increases Fertility:
- It is medical condition, where a tissue that is lining the uterus sprouts out of the uterus and roots into other organs of the body. This ailment is experienced by more number of women these days.
- This syndrome will cause – fatigue, infertility, pain and bowel issues. If propolis is taken in regularly it will increase the success rate of pregnancy by 60 percent.
6. Sacks Dental Cavities:
- Propolis have the ability to get rid of cavities by 60 percent and weakens the element that causes dental problems. Tooth paste that has propolis in it could provide fighting compounds to the teeth.
Tip: When you have a dental problem, apply a dab of propolis tincture on the affected area for 5 times every day. This will shoo away the dental problems!
7. Anti-Microbial Properties:
- It possess many antibacterial elements. Study proves that, when propolis solution is applied over the wounds, it will heal a person with diabetes.
- In the area of pediatrics, it will thwart respiratory tract infections, proves to be a remedy for common cold and tinnitus.
8. Settles Burns:
- Research states that propolis has the power to cure minor burns.
- It is as effective as a drug that is used to treat burns.
9. Reduces Stress:
- Propolis is rich in antioxidants. Stress can be relieved with the help of antioxidants.
- Stress causes dehydration and early fatigue. Hence this nature’s element can benefit you.
10. Food Poisoning Treatment:
- Food poisoning is caused by three bugs – Enterobacterfaecalis, jejuni and Staphylococcus aureus. Propolis is effective at treating this condition.
11. Kills Cancer Cells:
- Chemotherapy kills both the living cells and the cancer cells. Propolis is strong in antimicrobial activity.
- It interrupts the blood supply to the cells and causes only the cancer cells to die without affecting the living cells.
12. Treats Allergies:
- Histamine is the element that makes the body to sneeze, a runny nose and watery eyes. Propolis has the ability to soothe the symptoms of allergies.
13. Bone Diseases:
- If you are suffering from loss of bone density or if you have it in your family, you can take a daily dosage of propolis and reverse the bone diseases.
- It is because, propolis has Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester, that could halt the bone diseases.
14. Lowers Blood Pressure:
- Nitric oxide plays an important role in balancing the blood pressure of a person.
- Propolis has an enzyme called T that has the ability to limit the amount of nitric oxide. This also helps modulate blood pressure.
Where to Get Propolis?
It is available in the food stores and pharmacies. Contemporary procedures include ointments, lotions and creams. Propolis is available in the form of Tablet form, Liquid extracts and capsules.
How to Take Propolis?
• You can consume raw honey blend and organic propolis together. Gobbling ½ teaspoon, twice a day will be a typical cure for acne.
• The propolis mixture should be mixed to 5 drops of honey and it should be swallowed 3 times every day.
• One capsule twice every day, will also provide with good results.
Thus this bee glue is a good source of immunity power! Nowadays propolis is used in manufacturing cosmetics, lozenges and ointments. It is also used as an enamel hardener and dental sealant.