Salt water is a natural remedy to a number of problems. When it comes to sore throat, gargling salt water is one of the very first things one should do. It is effective and efficient in curing most of the throat issues. A warm salt water is pretty helpful to human throat and it loosens the mucus as well, as researches and studies found out. Thus, it is a wonderful step of you have sore throat. Let us read to know how to use salt water for sore throat.
Does Gargling Salt Water for Sore Throat Work?
- Gargling works perfect in case of sore throat. Sore throat is an itchy and irritating sensation occurred in the area of throat which can be cured by gargling.
- Saltwater gargle is one of the most popular methods for sore throat. It is helpful in many of ways.
- Gargling makes mucus loosen which helps in easily evacuating it.
- Also, it helps in flushing out several bacteria on throat.
How to Use Gargle Salt Water for Sore Throat:
1. Warm Salt Water for Sore Throat:
Warm water is an effective method. Be it sore throat or any health issue, it always work wonderfully. Warm salt water has been used as a natural way of curing sore throat. Taking any liquid and solid thing during sore throat can be difficult at times. Warm salt water is a great step to cure the same.
Preparation time : 1 minute
- Take one cup of normal water
- Add around quarter to half teaspoon of salt in it.
- Stir it well before use.
- Gargle with the same.
How it works : It kills the bacteria and helps in flushing out the mucus inside the throat.
Repetition time : An ideal usage would be twice daily in morning and evening. Keep doing this until the sore throat gets better.
Tips : The salt concentration should be as per the given amount.
[ Read: Top 9 Essential Oils for Sore Throat ]
2. Lemon Salt Water for Sore Throat:
Lemon salt water is also a wonderful recipe for sore throat. It works by killing viruses and bacteria inside the throat. This is done by lemon as it creates an acidic or hostile environment that helps in killing the viruses and bacteria. It can be prepared easily and works effectively. Here is how you can use lemon salt water for sore throat.
Preparation time : 2-3 minutes
- Take around 8 ounces or 1 cup of water.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice into it.
- Mix it gently, and gargle with it.
How it works : In a number of studies, it is found that it kills bacteria and helps in curing the sore throat.
Repetition time : It is recommended to use one or twice in a day to get better and effective results.
Tips : Remember the water should be made with warm water and not cold or normal.
[ Read: How to Use Lemon for Sore Throat ]
3. Salt Water and Honey for Sore Throat:
Honey is a magical ingredients which has some of the most astonishing and wonderful effects on body, including skin and throat. Salt water and honey can be a great approach if you are having an irritating sore throat. Due to the antibacterial properties of honey, this solution is quite effective in most of the throat problems. It can be used as a tea ingredient also but gargling could be one of the steps.
Preparation time : 3-4 minutes
- Take one cup of water (warm).
- Add quarter teaspoon salt in it.
- Add a little honey in the same.
- Make it a solution by mixing well.
- Gargle with the solution.
How it works : It works properly in case of sore throat by killing the viruses and bacteria inside throat. Also, it gives a clean and healthy throat which is able to fight with any bacteria.
Repetition time : Twice a day would be good.
Sore throat is not a very common issue but it is certainly a very annoying thing. A person who has sore throat understand how difficult and itchy (at times) it is to take water or food. Well, gargling is an old technique which is still in use and because of its relief and effectivity, people tend to use it more. Warm salt water is a common solution people use to cure the sore throat. Gargling is a simple, natural and effective way to cure sore throat.