Tea Tree is also known as the melaeuca. It is well known for its ability to heal wounds and for its anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. Tea Tree Oil is derived from the Australian native plant melaeuca aternifolia. The Tea Tree Oil has high anti microbial properties. Let us know about how to use tea tree oil for piercings.
Table of Contents
- Uses of the Tea Tree oil include:
- What Does Tea Tree Oil do for Piercings:
- How to use Tea Tree oil for Piercings:
- 1. Tea Tree oil and Sea Salt for Piercings:
- What Kind of Tea Tree oil is Good for Piercings?
- Read Also:
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection
- How to Get Rid of Eczema with Tea Tree oil
- More from my site
Uses of the Tea Tree oil include:
- Healing skin issues
- Killing bacteria, virus and fungi
- Making homemade cleaning products.
What Does Tea Tree Oil do for Piercings:
The tea tree oil can be very helpful in easing and reducing the skin around the piercings. The oil can be used on piercings that become inflamed.
How to use Tea Tree oil for Piercings:
1. Tea Tree oil and Sea Salt for Piercings:
Sea salt is widely used as a curative. A warm mild sea salt water solution irrigates lymph and oil, cleanses, and allows the cells to rejuvenate. Salt soaks keep the cells hydrated while flushing out fluid and cellular material that accumulate in the piercings.
The ingredients used in this method are
- Non iodized fine grained sea salt
- Tea tree oil
- In this method, you soak your piercing in a warm salt mixture.
- The appropriate ratio for the mixture is ¼ a teaspoon of non-iodized salt in 8oz or 1 cup of water.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of the oil to your sea salt solution.
How it works:
- Make a small pad out of paper towel and dip it into the solution until it is saturated.
- Place the pad on the piercing area and mould it around the jewelry to create a compress.
- Soak the piercing for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse with fresh clean water and pat dry when finished with soak.
Repetitions: In this method you should do one to two soaks a day for five to ten minutes.
Best time to apply: The best time to do an extra soak is before physical labor, sports, or other movement.
[ Read: How to Use Sea Salt for Piercings ]
- Stay away from the use of cotton balls for this purpose as the fibers easily get stuck in jewelry and will irritate your piercing.
- If tea tree oil is used directly on the skin, it may cause some irritation.
What Kind of Tea Tree oil is Good for Piercings?
Usage of small amounts of tea tree oil is considered safe. Undiluted tea tree oil is way too hard on a piercing. Only high quality tea tree oil that has been diluted with distilled water must be used.
One should be patient and persistent when using tea tree oils on piercings. Tea tree oil will take time and be patient with aftercare to see results. Tea tree oil has shown to be anti-microbial, anti-septic and anti-fungal. Oral piercings can also be take care of with the help of Tea tree oil.