Hemorrhoids also known as piles, are most painful and uncomfortable and a condition which comes with a lot of discomfort and strained bowel movements. It’s like a burning sting, posing a negative effect upon the day to day life of the sufferer. They are swollen blood vessels in your rectum and anus causing high discomfort and bothersome pain. In many of the cases Hemorrhoids resolve on their own without the needs out any medical treatments, Also the topical medications like creams and ointments are only meant to subside the discomfort level, unless you opt for surgical procedures which again costly and are generally suggested only for large hemorrhoids. One of the effective natural ingredients which is much talked about is Apple Cider Vinegar (Also referred as ACV) to treat piles. Apple cider vinegar with its rich Acetic and astringent properties and help this condition is several ways. Here are some best ways to use apple cider vinegar for hemorrhoids.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hemorrhoids:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for External Hemorrhoids:
- Hemorrhoids can be external or internal and hence ways of treating them vary. In this case for external Hemorrhoids, the topical application of Apple cider vinegar helps. This can be done in several ways.
- Apple cider vinegar needs to be soaked onto a cotton ball and needs to be applied directly on the affected area. Although this is likely to cause a stinging sensations but soon helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation and also shrinks the Hemorrhoids. Repeat this 3 times a day.
- Alternatively Apple cider vinegar can be added for a hip bath along with water. Sitz bath is easily available in the pharmacies. Just add half a cup of Apple cider vinegar to a hip bath (filled with warm water) and sit in it for 15 minutes. This is suggested especially after the bowel movement.
[ Read: How to Use Epsom Salt for Hemorrhoids ]
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Internal Hemorrhoids:
- Internal Piles occur inside the opening of the anus. These are comparatively less painful than the external ones.
- Mix a teaspoon full of Apple cider vinegar with one glass of water. Stir it slightly and consume this solution. This can be repeated twice in a day. Along with healing and preventing the internal hemorrhoids, this solution also aids in the digestion process.
- Due to ACV’s sour taste, one can add honey to make this solution taste better.
- Apple Cider Vinegar capsules are also easily available in stores or can be bought online.
- Minced garlic cloves dipped and soaked in Apple cider vinegar can be used as a suppository. This may cause a burning sensation but brings a great relief from the swelling and pain.
Apple cider vinegar is a very useful ingredient in treating and preventing hemorrhoids. But if the hemorrhoids are large and the pain is not subsiding with the natural ingredients and techniques, it is always better to take your doctor’s advice and suggestions.
Tips & Precautions:
- Avoid constipation which causes lot of straining in the bowel movements. Follow a diet rich in fibers. Fiber moistens the stool and helps to avoid constipation.
- Drink plenty of water and juices. Its suggested to drink more than 8 glasses of water every day. Fluid content will soften the stools and keep the colon area soft.
- Cut down on caffeine and soft drinks, they are not substitute for water.
- Include exercise routines like swimming, walking and yoga in your daily regime to prevent piles
- Don’t sit or stand for too long which causes stressed veins, always take small breaks.
- A healthy and a balanced diet is the key to build up the immunity.
- People who are obese are more likely to get this as weight puts a pressure directly on the veins of rectum.
- Do not lift heavy objects and this too may put much pressure on the veins of rectum.
We hope these remedies work well for you and using Apple cider vinegar gives you the much needed relief. If the problem persists, we recommend you to visit the doctor at the earliest.