If you are a fan of ‘spicy food’ or chili, then you will definitely look forward to the benefits of cayenne pepper, and here we have it for you. Cayenne belongs to the capsicum family. It is slender with extended pods. It has a strong & fiery taste, which is caused by its alkaloid compounds. This is a popular spice, which is found in almost every kitchen in the world. Here we present to you a few advantages benefits of cayenne pepper.
Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
1. Helps in Weight Loss
- If you are looking for a weight loss tip, here it is. Research says that, if cayenne pepper is consumed during breakfast, it will reduce the appetite and cut down the calories for the day. It will also burn down the excess fat in your body.
2. Prevents Blood Clots
- Cayenne pepper has the ability to prevent the elements that lead to the creation of blood clots. Hence, it can reduce all chances of getting a stroke or a heart attack.
3. Helps in Digestion
- If you suffer from gastritis, then consume a considerable amount of this herb. Since, cayenne has the ability to increase the flow of enzymes and the formation of gastric fluids, it can also relieve one from gas formed in the intestine. It also aids in the excretion process.
4. Whole Body Detoxifier
- Cayenne is skillful enough to streamline the detoxifying process in the body. It causes the body to sweat well. When Cayenne is combined with honey and lemon juice, it will turn out to be a whole body detoxifier.
5. Anti-Irritant Agent
- If you are suffering from an upset stomach, diarrhea, sore throat or irritating cough, then add in Cayenne pepper in your diet and you will be free from your problems pretty quick.
6. Relieves Aches in Joints
cayenne has an incredible property called capsaicin, which if you apply over the aching area will create a temporary pain an send chemical emissions into the skin’s aching area and offers relief.
[ Read: Benefits of Turmeric ]
7. Fights Against Cancer
- If you are a smoker, then don’t worry, cayenne can prevent you from getting a lung cancer. This is because of an element called capsaicin that is found in cayenne.
- It can act as a resistance to lung tumors too. But that sure doesn’t mean you take the liberty to smoke frequently.
8. Controls Blood Pressure
- Cayenne can keep the Blood Pressure in a normal mode. The cholesterol levels will also get balanced. This proficiency of cayenne will prevent you from getting heart attacks or stroke.
9. Fights Against Cold
- If you are suffering from cold/flu and have a stuffy nose, then cayenne could prove to be a best option for you to get relief.
- Cayenne pepper breaks down the congested mucus and paves way for release from the clutches of cold/flu. So keep this secret ingredient in mind next time you catch cold.
10. Helps in Secretion of Saliva
- Saliva helps acts as an important element in the digestion process.Cayenne speeds up the oozing of saliva and helps in maintaining a good oral health.
11. Protect Toothaches
- Cayenne has the ability to act as an agent against tooth and gum diseases. Thereby protecting you from toothaches.
12. Reduce Allergies
- It can act as an anti-allergen and help get relieved from allergies.
13. Anti-Bacterial Power
- Right from the old age, our ancestors have used cayenne as a preservative, because of its anti-bacterial It can prevent bacteria from contaminating the food.
14. Treat Rheumatism & Wounds
- Cayenne can be used as a bandage to treat rheumatism, wounds, backaches and snake bites.
Precautions Before You Use
You should read the following before using cayenne pepper:
- Wash your hands thoroughly after you use cayenne. If you touch your eyes with the same hands, you might bring an unpleasant burning sensation to your eyes.
- If you suffer from ulcer, you should avoid taking this herb, as it will cause burning sensation in your stomach and put you in discomfort.
- When you know that you are taking in ACE inhibitors, it is better to avoid taking in cayenne as it will induce cough.
- If you are suffering from gastro-esophageal reflux (GER), cayenne will worsen the condition.
- Old and spoiled cayenne will discharge a chemical compound called aflatoxin, which might cause stomach, liver and colon cancers.
How to Choose the Right Cayenne?
You get to buy Cayenne peppers throughout the year, in fresh, dried or powdered form.
- Avoid the powdered form of Cayenne peppers instead buy fresh and whole pepper pods, since there are chances of adulteration in the powder.
- Choose the peppers that are: Raw , Fresh ,Brilliant red color &with Health Stem
Avoid a pod that has spots, damaged tips and that has irregular shapes.
- If you wish to use it for a week, place it in a plastic bag and store it in refrigerator.
- If you are planning to use dry cayenne peppers, store them in airtight containers.
Cayenne is actually one of the utmost health enigmas in the world. It is inexpensive as well. Instead of worrying your health with tablets that has side effects for minor health issues, you can very well try this Cayenne pepper and heal yourself.
Plus, this remedy is present in everybody’s kitchen throughout the year. You don’t really have to travel that extra mile for petty issues.
You Might Also Like:
- How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins Naturally?
- How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally at Home?
- How to Use Ginger for Colds Relief?