Applying ice cubes on the face is the simplest and easiest thing that you can do at home without relying on numerous fancy skincare products or other face masks. Exposure of the skin to dust, harsh sunlight, and air pollution makes it difficult to get rid of common skin problems like fine lines, wrinkles, open pores, dullness, acne, and puffiness. Let us see how the simple activity of rubbing ice on the skin can benefit us.
6 Benefits Of Rubbing Ice On Your Face
1. Less Appearance of Pores:
- People with oily skin often have visible pores. They can benefit from the application of ice cubes on the face as this will remove the dirt and impurities in the pores. Also using a cold compress can shrink the pore size, making them less visible.
2. Soothing Impact on Acne:
- Ice soothes the redness and inflammation of acne on the skin by increased blood flow, reducing pore size, and preventing excess oil production.
3. Reduces Aging:
- Since the pores get tightened by the application of ice, signs of aging such as wrinkles, and fine lines are reduced, resulting in a youthful look.
4. Good Way of Treating Sunburns:
- Sunburns cause redness and inflammation which are reduced on the application on ice.
5. Instant Glow:
- Applying ice on the face reduces puffiness in the face by constricting the blood vessels. Thus the blood flow gets enhanced and complexion improves, producing an instant glow.
6. Ice Acts as a Good Primer:
- Before applying makeup, people apply ice all over the face and neck as it acts as a natural primer to reduce the pores and tighten the skin. It re-textures the skin to make the person appear much better when makeup is applied.
How to Apply Ice on The Face?
- Take some ice cubes in a thin cotton cloth, wrap them well and apply them to the face.
- For better nourishment, you can even freeze ingredients like aloe vera juice, cucumber, tomato pulp, rose water, green tea in an ice tray and apply them to the skin.
- This can be done once every day and while doing make sure not to keep the ice on one part for more than 1 minute.
- For people having sensitive skin, ice must not be applied directly on the skin. They can use a towel or a cold compress. Gently massage it in a circular motion for experiencing better outcomes. In case of discomfort or burning sensation, stop doing it and check with a dermatologist.
Tips to Follow While Icing:
- Freeze the ice in a clean ice tray.
- Clean your face thoroughly before applying ice.
- Let the ice melt in the cloth before applying it to the face.
- Follow a fixed timing every day for doing this.
- Do not apply ice if your face has broken capillaries or was damaged in any form. It should be healed well before you start doing this.
- After icing the face, let the moisture dry on its own.
- Do not practice it during winters as it will lead to dryness and skin irritation.
Applying ice on the face is a simple practice that produces amazing results when practiced in the right way regularly. Make sure to follow the tips while doing it to get the maximum benefit.
You Might Also Like: