Did you splash some water on your face today? Did you go that extra mile and use a face wash too? Pleased that you answered both the questions with an emphatic yes? Well, don’t be! Don’t be fooled that your face is absolutely clean because it is not.
Facial hygiene has not picked up as much as it should and it has actually become the need of the hour. You need to understand that your facial skin is very different from the other body parts skin, so the beauty regime for your facial skin also differs. A lot of women do wash their faces regularly but there are also some women who neglect this important step in their daily regime.
I have listed down four major reasons why you need to wash your face regularly. Take a look!
- Have you ever noticed how many times you touch your face during the day? Have you noticed what all comes in contact with your hands? Spend a day and notice these things and you will realize it is very easy to transfer a lot of grime, dust, filth, germs and bacteria on to your face through your hands alone.
- You might wash your hands couple of times during the day or use a hand sanitizer too, but there are still opportunities for your face to get infected. Hence, it is mandatory for you to wash your face regularly.
- If not through hands, there are other ways too which can transfer bacteria on your face. Addicted to your cell phone, love your soft and satiny pillow, glasses always perched on your nose – all of these can be the carriers of harmful viruses, dirt and grime.
- Your face is actually the gateway through which bacteria can enter your body; be it through your nose, mouth, throat, eyes or ears. Though you might take precautionary measures to protect these organs, your facial skin can thwart those measures. So in order to keep bacteria from entering your body, a good facial cleansing is must.
- Your skin on the face needs to breathe. Closed pores, acne, pimples, blackheads, etc., are make it difficult for your skin to breathe easily. These problems can also result in various other skin problems which makes it imperative to pay attention to our face cleansing ritual.
Below is a Step by Step Instruction on How to Clean your Face:
Step #1: Before washing your face, you need to wash your hands. Yes, that’s right. Don’t be under the impression that your hands would also become clean while washing your face. It has to be the other way around. This is because you don’t want any of the bacteria transferring on to your face while you are busy scrubbing.
Step #2: The next step is to ensure the water’s temperature. No, we don’t mean you have to carry a thermometer with you; just make sure that the water is neither too hot nor too cold. Ideally, the water should be lukewarm because extreme water temperature can do more harm than good for your face.
Step #3: Invest in a good cleanser and apply it on the face using your fingertips in a circular motion. Better not to use a washcloth for this step as it can transfer bacteria as well as damage your skin.
Step #4: After thoroughly cleansing your face, wash it all off with lukewarm water. Using the cleanser is important because it washes away the dirt and bacteria. Wash away the cleanser completely so that there is no residue left on your face.
Step #5: Never use a harsh towel to wipe your face. Also, you should always pat dry your face with a soft towel. It goes without a saying that the towel has to be clean too.
Step #6: Like the cleanser, you need to invest in a good moisturizer too. Anything you do on your face has to be done gently; so applying the moisturizer should also be a gentle process.
Read on to look at some of the home remedies that you can try out to cleanse, tone and moisturize your face.
- Mash a ripe apple and use that pulp to apply on your face. Rinse it off after 10-15 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Honey as a moisturizer has immense benefits and is definitely your go to ingredient for soft and smooth skin. You can either use it in its natural form or combine it with other ingredients to make face packs.
- The next time you buy oranges, don’t throw away its peels. You can either dry them in the sun and then grind it into a powder or you can soak the orange peels in boiling water and eave it overnight. This is a good remedy to tone and cleanse your face
4. Fruits And Vegetables:
- There are a number of fruits and vegetables that can be beneficial for your skin. Because of their natural properties you can be rest assured that you wouldn’t have to face any side effects. Some of the ingredients you can use are – papaya, lemon, tomato, grapes, etc.
5. Milk/Milk Cream:
- Milk or milk cream can be mixed with a number of other ingredients to make a moisturizer for your face. It is also effective in making your skin supple.
6. Multani Mitti:
- Using multani mitti face packs can go that extra mile to remove all the dirt and grime for your pores. Multani mitti gels well with everything; be it curd, rose water or ice water. Just pick up your favorite ingredients and make a face cleansing home pack.
Different people have different skin types and what works for one individual may not work for someone else. But, there are certain tips that can be embraced by all of while cleaning our face.
1. Just because we have emphasized on how important it is to wash your face doesn’t mean that you go crazy and keep washing your face throughout the day. You need to understand that your facial skin is sensitive and hence should not be tampered with much. Ideally a thorough face cleansing once in the morning and once before you sleep should do.
2. So we told you that moisturizing is an essential step, isn’t it? What you need to keep in mind is that this step should be done immediately while your face is still damp. This makes it easier for the moisturizer to seep into your skin.
3. Use a shower cap, towel or a head band to keep your hair away from your face while cleansing. This is because your hair might contain certain oil and bacteria which is good for your hair but not for your face.
4. Don’t use a bar soap for cleansing purposes as it is harsher on your sensitive facial skin and can also result in drying out your face. Always use a good cleansing face wash.
5. If you love applying makeup then you have to start loving the process of removing makeup too! Never, ever, ever go to sleep with makeup on your face as it can clog your pores and also lead to unnecessary skin conditions.
After going through this post, we hope you will look at how to clean your face in a new light and follow all the tips that we have shared with you.
- How To Bleach Your Skin Naturally At Home
- 10 Simple Steps To Korean Skin Care Routine
- How To Look Fresh Faced Without Makeup