Toner is one of the essential products used in the skincare regime. These often have essential oils and plant extracts and there are various types devised to suit particular skin types. The alcohol-based toners in the market were earlier criticised for making the skin dry, hence the toners available in the market today, are water-based. Read on to know more about toners.
When And How Should You Use A Toner?
A toner is used after cleansing the skin. You can use it twice daily, in the morning and at night. The steps of using it are as follows:
- Use a mild face wash to cleanse your skin. This needs to be massaged to remove the dirt and makeup.
- Take a cotton pad or ball and pour some toner in it, till it feels damp but not over-soaked. Wipe your face with it gently, so the remaining impurities can be removed.
- Spraying the toner on the face also works in providing a refreshing feel and hydration to the skin.
- Using the toner, makes the skin ready to absorb the skin care products. So, now you need to apply the moisturizer and then other products.
- Some people prefer using toner in combination with face masks or face packs so that the products penetrate the skin and provide the intended benefits.
Tips For Using Face Toners
There are various ways of using a toner to experience its benefits. Besides the method explained above, here are some other ways:
1. Create a DIY Mask: This DIY mask is created using cotton pads soaked in toner, which are placed on the skin for about 5 minutes for quick hydration. This soothes the inflamed skin in less time.
2. Soothe Your Skin with Refrigerated Toner: There are floral toners with soothing properties that help in reducing the redness and inflammation of the skin after threading or waxing. Make sure that the toner is just refrigerated and not frozen.
3. Soothing Face Mist: If you have sensitive skin, irritation might occur because of the synthetic fragrances. In this case, natural toners can be used, which are made through the distillation process from flowers. When this mist is applied to the face, it soothes the skin and doesn’t cause any side effects. Such toners are often available in spray bottles. You can even use it for setting your makeup and reducing a powdery finish look.
4. Boost The Benefits of Face Packs: Using natural toners rather than water for preparing the face packs, helps the skin avail goodness of the face packs made of natural ingredients.
5. Toner Spray for Relaxing The Eyes: Refrigerate the toner and spray over closed eyes to enjoy its soothing effect. It relaxes you after a hectic day.
Toners are a vital part of skincare for men and women. But not everyone has the same skin type, hence it is important to know which toner suits your skin. It is better to use a natural toner with a plant-based cleanser, devoid of harmful chemicals.
You Might Also Like:
- 5 Best Homemade Face Toner Recipes for Every Skin Type
- Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner – Benefits, Preparation & Use
- 10 Best Homemade Skin Toners For Glowing Skin
- Can You Use Acrylic Paint On Skin?
- Is Toner Supposed To Burn?
- Retinol Vs Hyaluronic Acid: Which is Better?
- Can Fragrance Oils Be Used On The Skin?
- 7 Best Toners For Combination Skin