Much famed as black snakeroot or bugbane, Black Cohosh is a therapeutic root utilized by women to fight the signs of menopause. The medicine is effective in treating women’s hormonal change symptoms such as menstrual cramps, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and menopausal symptoms.
The best thing about consuming Black cohosh is that it contains powerful phytochemicals, which are meant to have an influence on the endocrine system. Basically stating, it is meant to be extensively utilized in the Australia, United States, and Germany. In fact, the German government has permitted it as an ideal prescription substitute to hormone therapy. On the other hand, one can buy Black Cohosh without prescription in United States. Still, it is recommended to talk to the doctor before its consumption on self-basis.
Is Black Cohosh Safe for Menopause?
Being laced with benefits such as estrogen therapy, Black Cohosh has always been considered as an optimum choice for fighting the irregularities in Menopause. Be it related to mood swings, hot flashes and hormonal imbalances, it is meant to treat the problem without doubt.
One thing needs to be checked that women should leave the consumption of Black Cohosh on coming across the problem of appetite loss and skin rashes.
How to Use Black Cohosh for Menopause?
In order to handle menopausal symptoms, the dose of black cohosh suggested as per studies has been stated as 20 to 40 milligram of tablets required to be taken twice in a day. One thing to note is that more than 900 milligrams of black cohosh in day is measured as an overdose.
Though, tea has been used as a part of menopausal treatment; but, Black Cohosh is the ideal and safe choice. In order to drink it, it is necessary to put 20gms of dried root in 34 oz of water. After boiling it, one needs to let it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes till the liquid is condensed to one-third of the quantity.
1. Soy and Black Cohosh for Menopause:
- Menopause is one such stage in a woman’s life that leads to physical and psychological changes in the body. And in treating or handling the menopausal problems, Black cohosh is considered the most suitable option. Being laced with natural efficiency, Black Cohosh is perfect in treating hot flashes and other menopausal matter.
- Likewise Black Cohosh, women savoring on the soy-rich high protein diet are meant to stay safe from hot flashes. It has similar effect as that of Black Cohosh in treating hot flash. Soy comprises isoflavones, a type of phytoestrogen that retains weak estrogenic activity to get rid of hot flushes.
2. Black Cohosh and Agnus Castus for Menopause:
- Black cohosh and Agnus Castus are considered excellent in terms of easing difficulties associated with menopause and menstruation.
- In the matter of identification, black cohosh is from the buttercup family; while, Agnus Castus is universally called as chaste berry.
- It should be noted that Black Cohosh and Agnus Castus have small as well as light-shaded buds clustered on vertical stems. The difference lies in the fact that black cohosh is a tall plant and Agnus Castus is a smaller sized tree.
- Black cohosh cultivates in the eastern forests of North America; while, Agnus Castus grows obviously along the shorelines of the Mediterranean in Central Asia.
3. Black Cohosh and Sage for Menopause:
Black Cohosh and Sage for menopause are highly effective in treating menopausal issues like hot flushes as well as night sweats. In fact, Black Cohosh and Sage leaves tend to soothe hot flashes and provides much relief to women. Sage leaf comprises niacin, calcium, potassium, iron as well as vitamins A, B1, B2, and C
What to Avoid:
- It is not safe to use Black Cohosh during pregnancy or at the time of breastfeeding because they have a slight strong tendency that may pose threat to pregnancy.
- Black cohosh should not be consumed in conjunction with hormone therapy, birth control pills, or even tamoxifen. Along with this, women having allergies from aspirin should refrain from consuming Black Cohosh.
Menopause is a condition in woman’s life that occurs around mid-30s and may continue till end of 40s. During this stage, they experience hormonal changes leading to alteration in behavioral patterns and even coming across irritation around genital area. So, making use of black Cohosh in conjunction with soy bean, sage and agnus castus can leads to excellent results for sure. They help in fighting menopausal effects and trouble around anal region. The most important thing to keep in mind for effective results is that it should be not be consumed at the time of pregnancy as it may lead to complications too.